Transfering crews

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

A_Locomotive #1 Posted May 11 2011 - 06:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9613 battles
So I just elited my PzKpfw III and bought a PzKpfw III/IV. My PzIII crew are all at 82%, would it be worth the cost to retrain them and transfer them to my PzIII/IV? Or is it just a waste of money?

Lougle #2 Posted May 11 2011 - 07:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13052 battles
Once you get a crew to 100% and start learning some additional skills, you always want to move and retrain them for your next tank.

In your case they will probably end up at 75% (for 20K credits per crew member).  

So if you like keeping the stats / rank of your crew members it would be worth it to move them.  It is going to cost you 20K/man either way.

This is assuming you start each tank with a 75% crew normally (I do this).  Some people start with the free 50%, others use gold to start 100%.  

Personally I move mine when they get to 100%,  so for 20K credits they only drop to 90% and get back to 100 pretty quick.

Klaxius #3 Posted May 11 2011 - 17:02

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2702 battles
  • [XTRME] XTRME

View PostLougle, on May 11 2011 - 07:03, said:

Once you get a crew to 100% and start learning some additional skills, you always want to move and retrain them for your next tank.

In your case they will probably end up at 75% (for 20K credits per crew member).  

So if you like keeping the stats / rank of your crew members it would be worth it to move them.  It is going to cost you 20K/man either way.

This is assuming you start each tank with a 75% crew normally (I do this).  Some people start with the free 50%, others use gold to start 100%.  

Personally I move mine when they get to 100%,  so for 20K credits they only drop to 90% and get back to 100 pretty quick.

Listen to this man.  He speaks the truth.  The only crews you really want to transfer are ones that have a secondary or tertiary skill.

Giles333 #4 Posted May 11 2011 - 21:47

Private

• Players
  • 3758 battles
This is going to be a stupid question but I can't figure out how to do it myself........but how do you transfer crew members between vehicles? I think I ended up spending a good amount of gold and never accomplished what I wanted. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Green_Ghost #5 Posted May 11 2011 - 21:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38603 battles
  • [RAYGE] RAYGE
In garage, click on tank you want crew from, click on each person and send them to barracks, buy new tank without crew, if you bought with crew highlight new tank, click on each person and replace with crew from barracks, then retrain crew for current tank that you put them on.

Ruleslawyer #6 Posted May 11 2011 - 21:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1218 battles

View PostGiles333, on May 11 2011 - 21:47, said:

This is going to be a stupid question but I can't figure out how to do it myself........but how do you transfer crew members between vehicles? I think I ended up spending a good amount of gold and never accomplished what I wanted. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Click on them and select "Send to barracks" click on the empty slot on the new tank and select the crew member from the barracks. Don't forget to get your crews out before you sell tanks.

alyksandyr #7 Posted May 11 2011 - 21:55

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5780 battles

View PostGiles333, on May 11 2011 - 21:47, said:

Click on the crew member, and select bail out to barracks. This removes the crew member from the exsisting tank

Click on the crew member (or crew member slot) in a differant tank, and not only will you see a bail out to barracks option, you will also see the crew member you already kicked out. Select the crew member. Their percentage will be in Red, as they are not trained in this tank.

Now, Right Click on the crew member, and it will bring up their profile. Click on the training tab. You will see the Rapid, School, and Academy options to train the crew in the current vehicle they are rated in. There are also some icons that represent tank types (TD/Light/Medium/Heavy/SPG), and a drop down box. if you select the Icon, and the Drop down box, you see the types of vehicles that you have researched, and you will be able to select them. After doing this, the options of Rapid, School, and Academy will light up again, and the numbers listed is the percentage level of the crew after you retrain them.

General rule of thumb. Outside of "Role-Playing Reasons" there is no benefit to transferring crew who have less than 75% skill. After all, for 20k per crew member you increase to 75%. I *think* that it's not worth doing a crew transfer unless your crew is over 85% skill, but i'm not 100% sure of that right now.

slikrx #8 Posted May 11 2011 - 23:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 3279 battles
  • [GLION] GLION
Before I saw the retrain option,I just moved a crew from one tank to another, with the red skill level.

I've looked a bit and can't find what exactly the penalty is for this. (the red/untrained crew)  I had moved a light tank crew to another light tank. Does anyone know?

NoobusMaximus #9 Posted May 12 2011 - 01:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3386 battles

View Postslikrx, on May 11 2011 - 23:23, said:

Before I saw the retrain option,I just moved a crew from one tank to another, with the red skill level.

I've looked a bit and can't find what exactly the penalty is for this. (the red/untrained crew)  I had moved a light tank crew to another light tank. Does anyone know?

25% penalty for red crews of the same tank class.

Archie_Bunker #10 Posted May 12 2011 - 01:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19499 battles
Futhermore, does retraining a crew member that has secondary skills, lose those skills when they fall under 100%?

Lougle #11 Posted May 12 2011 - 04:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13052 battles

View PostLavaMoon, on May 12 2011 - 01:41, said:

Futhermore, does retraining a crew member that has secondary skills, lose those skills when they fall under 100%?

Nope, that's the best part.  Even though your crew memeber will initially be 90% for the new tank you moved them to,  all additional skills (repair/etc.)  are kept and still work.   Once you get the crew up to 100%, those skills will continue going up right where you left them with no penalty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users