Am I at fault for blocking?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Skavies #1 Posted May 11 2011 - 15:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 13607 battles
  • [KKREW] KKREW
It was the noob map with the big field we call campinella. (don't know real name).  I was on south side of the field on the right hull down in a loltraktor shooting very ineffectivly at the other side.  Some team mate drove around me, got shot up bad, and backed up into me.   He died because I didn't move to let him retreat.  Yes, I ahd enough time I could have backed up a tank length before he died.  Yes, I chose not to.  I had to stop firing so I didn't hit the moron driving around and infornt of me and I simply didn't feel like being nicer than not shooting.  I was stationary from before he went around me till after he died.

Who is at fault there?  Me for deliberatly not moving, or the other person for general stupidity?

Hobbe #2 Posted May 11 2011 - 15:54

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 7792 battles
The game rules make no mention of circumstances.

Only that "4.03. Intentionally blocking (blocking from front and rear) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team." is prohibited.

SuperBuds #3 Posted May 11 2011 - 15:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Games built to bait & grief, 'nuff said.

ARGO #4 Posted May 11 2011 - 15:58

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10208 battles
Blocking would be if you drove up to him and not allowed him an avenue of escape.  If your just sitting there and someone approches you and winds up dead than no it is not your problem however it does hurt your team if you don't in some cases move to let your allies escape.

Lert #5 Posted May 11 2011 - 15:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44684 battles
In this case I would vote that the other tank was at fault. However, you could've been the bigger man and given him some space. That's just common courtesy.

Skavies #6 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 13607 battles
  • [KKREW] KKREW
yes, I intentionally didn't move, is that blocking thoguh?  It's not like I drove up behind him, or infront of him.  He went around me while I was basically a rock with a crappy gun.  I had the oppertunity to move, and chose not to after he deliberatly got in my path of fire.  (useing an autocannon, was spamming shots at the same point, he drove into my path of fire and stopped).

Hobbe #7 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 7792 battles
The fact is: If the other dude screenshots it and tells a story, you might be found guilty.

View PostSuperBuds, on May 11 2011 - 15:56, said:

Games built to bait & grief, 'nuff said.

berree #8 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:07

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 9858 battles
Im going to have to say sense you were aware of it, its your fault. Not that you broke any real rules but the rule of courtesy and teamplay :Smile_honoring:

ratpak #9 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25928 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
it is a team game no matter how the other person acts.  You should have moved.  Your team now has one less tank.  Always take the high road in situations like this.  People need to learn to play together as a team.  However since they don't I joined a clan.

SuperBuds #10 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGnarlene, on May 11 2011 - 16:04, said:

The fact is: If the other dude screenshots it and tells a story, you might be found guilty.
Yep yep. Peeps just gotta learn to ignore it or counter-bait.

Dirg #11 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26194 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You did not intentionally move to block him and stayed stationary so he was fully aware of your position since it was unchanged. There is no fault on you, you could have saved him but the same could be said for not moving in front of a tracked tank(something I do often as a personal choice) to protect them while they repair.

You did not cause his death however you could have prevented it. There is a large difference.

1N54N3 #12 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10676 battles
The wait to fight this is simple.

If you could have moved safely without getting shot at you should have. If he died while you were moving you say sorry I tried moving as fast as possible (take a screenshot)

If you couldn't move safely, you say Im sorry but I would have died if I had moved to save you, there was nowhere to go. (take a screenshot)

Since the pics are stored, you leave it at that until ou ate blocked from the game with a ban. If it happens you send the screenshot in with a ticket to support.worldoftanks.com

However, if you were fast enough with saying your sorry and insist saying sorry on each line, the screenshot the guy will take of you blocking him will have sorry in it and you probably wont get a ban in the first place.

TheVole #13 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 1522 battles
In real war people on the same side get shot/killed quit often, the game takes this in to consideration. This is why there are no rules against this, but try not to do it to much though cause it not cool.

amazingronaldo #14 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:41

Captain

• Players
  • 14935 battles
  • [IA] IA
Technically, by the wording and your own admission, you purposefully didn't move, then you may be in violation. But I would think you are not because there is room to go around you, the other player went around you to get in front of you, you weren't moving before or after or in a way to continually block him/her, you just were sitting there hiding in your bush. The other player should have gone around you as he/she backed up. They should have escaped the way they came in. But they didn't and to force you to move back because of their stupidity, thereby exposing you to enemy fire, would have been detrimental to the team.

Dirg #15 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26194 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It would never hold up. It says intentionally blocking someone form the front or back. At no time are you responsible for the stupidity of others choosing not to move is not anywhere close to actively moving to block. Since he never moved from his initial location there is no way he can be held responsible.

I am not saying he did the right thing but there is no way they would ban for this.

Black_Bellamy #16 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:46

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24489 battles

View PostSkavies, on May 11 2011 - 15:50, said:

Some team mate drove around me, got shot up bad, and backed up into me.   He died because I didn't move to let him retreat.  

Just want to make sure you understand that the other player died 100% due to his actions. Your fault was 0%.  He was the one that drove around you, through your field of fire, parked his ass right in front of you, leaving himself with zero opportunity to back up.  He probably damaged your tank to boot trying to back up into you.

Not everyone plays in third person all the time.  You could have been in sniper mode, shooting at the flank, and how are you supposed to know some retard is in front of you having a hairy conniption?

You did nothing wrong.  As you get more games under your belt you'll understand what the proper behavior is and how much latitude to give to the clueless and how to help the team without putting yourself at a disadvantage.

/end LOLtrakor drama thread

SkeletonDenial #17 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28604 battles
Sounds like a case of "I DEMAND YOU WATCH WHERE I AM GOING"

Viper69 #18 Posted May 11 2011 - 17:03

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions. The person pulling in front of you needs to take responsibility for sticking his nose out and getting it shot off, that alone got him killed, not his piss poor planning that got his tank in front of where you were sitting.

What happened to me would be blocking: I was sitting and shooting hull down, a friendly tank rolled up behind me to use me as cover. I tried to back up after my enemy started to maneuver and crack right into him. I lived but I asked him to move so I could backup. A KV is not known for its swift change of direction.

MrFriendly #19 Posted May 11 2011 - 17:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6070 battles
I believe, in this case, you failed to obey the Law of Common Decency.

you'd be pretty pissed if it was the reverse and someone didn't move for you.

as with all things, the Golden Rule applies. 'Do unto others as you wish done unto you.'

Methos911 #20 Posted May 11 2011 - 19:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25926 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY
regardless of your tank or your ineffectiveness, if you are parked in an open field and the other tank could not get around you, it's his own fault for not trying to move in another direction.

There are many definitions to blocking. A quick search says:
to obstruct (someone or something) by placing obstacles in the way (sometimes followed by up ): to block one's exit; to block up a passage.

Ultimately, the definition is left up to the game creators. If someone follows you into an alley where you can only go forwards or backwards, and you attempt to reverse to prevent being shot, and the tank behind you doesn't move, that can be considered blocking.

If you are in an open area and some tank drives in front of you, then backs into you, that really isn't blocking. That is the jerks own problem because he backed into you. If he passed you freely, then he sure as hell can go back that way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users