accepting an apoligy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

grailhunter #1 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 16816 battles
you know what gets me.....i had a tank destroyer in a battle yesterday pull right out in front of me, i accidently hit my mouse fired and killed him...yes my own teammate. right away i apoligized told him it was an accident and all he kept doing was typing berating messages over and over at me. accidents happen, i apoligized right away yet some of these people just cant fess up and accept. so whoever you were that a pz IV team killed you yesterday...well ill say again ...sorry buddy but accidents happen . and ive been team killed so many times and noone ever has apoligized, but i dont go freakin crazy and go off...so grow up people and if someone accidently kills you and realizes they made a mistake and apoligizes ...hey it could happen to you so take a deep breath and accept.

tankboy1138 #2 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:36

Captain

• Players
  • 13353 battles
  • [TB] TB
It happened to me once, someone finished me off. I realized it was a mistake, and told him not to worry about it. Likewise, I've killed 1-2 guys by accident. I apologized, and they understood it was a mistake. I agree, be understanding. Sooner or later, everyone screws up.

NavyCuda #3 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:50

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16548 battles
  • [CGN] CGN
I dunno why these kind of threads still pop up.

You're on the internet where everybody is more awesome than the one who came before them and some are just simply grieving assholes.

Ignore it, move on.

xGear #4 Posted May 11 2011 - 16:56

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 4403 battles

View PostNavyCuda, on May 11 2011 - 16:50, said:

I dunno why these kind of threads still pop up.

You're on the internet where everybody is more awesome than the one who came before them and some are just simply grieving assholes.

Ignore it, move on.
That.

Just say sorry and if they get a hissy fit just ignore them. It was an accident and you said sorry so your in the clear :P

grailhunter #5 Posted May 11 2011 - 17:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 16816 battles

View PostxGear, on May 11 2011 - 16:56, said:

That.

Just say sorry and if they get a hissy fit just ignore them. It was an accident and you said sorry so your in the clear :P

thanks everyone i just needed to vent....sometimes there is no team spirit and sportsmanship and it can drive me a little nuts.

Ricox #6 Posted May 11 2011 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 3801 battles
  • [F-AUX] F-AUX
Posting those topics, IMO, is useless. Most of those players don't even view the forums and if they do, then there's low chance that they'll notice such topics and understand that you're talking about them. As said previously by posters above - say sorry and leave it, it's not a big deal and the person will live with it, if he doesn't, then it's his fault.

vespid #7 Posted May 11 2011 - 18:15

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19943 battles
  • [-SBS-] -SBS-

View PostRicox, on May 11 2011 - 18:03, said:

Posting those topics, IMO, is useless. Most of those players don't even view the forums and if they do, then there's low chance that they'll notice such topics and understand that you're talking about them. As said previously by posters above - say sorry and leave it, it's not a big deal and the person will live with it, if he doesn't, then it's his fault.

Perhaps, but I would like to see the "norm" of apologizing when you hit a friendly get a little visibility. Are players supposed to just "know" how to handle it?

In all cases, stick to the high road, no matter what anyone else says or does. You'll feel better and have more fun.

grailhunter #8 Posted May 11 2011 - 19:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 16816 battles

View Postvespid, on May 11 2011 - 18:15, said:

Perhaps, but I would like to see the "norm" of apologizing when you hit a friendly get a little visibility. Are players supposed to just "know" how to handle it?

In all cases, stick to the high road, no matter what anyone else says or does. You'll feel better and have more fun.

thank you for the great advice

Methos911 #9 Posted May 11 2011 - 19:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25926 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY
I think I am up to 9 Tk's so far since release. all but 2 were accidental. Most are me being zoomed in, and someone drives in front of me while I am shooting.

of the 2 on purpose, 1 was my brother in law. i went to shoot him in the tracks and accidentally killed him. the other was some jerk shooting people (one of those accepted TKs where you don't get in trouble).

For each of them, I have always apologized.

vespid #10 Posted May 11 2011 - 20:51

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19943 battles
  • [-SBS-] -SBS-

View PostMethos912, on May 11 2011 - 19:25, said:

I think I am up to 9 Tk's so far since release. all but 2 were accidental. Most are me being zoomed in, and someone drives in front of me while I am shooting.

of the 2 on purpose, 1 was my brother in law. i went to shoot him in the tracks and accidentally killed him. the other was some jerk shooting people (one of those accepted TKs where you don't get in trouble).

For each of them, I have always apologized.

WoT recognizes that platoon/clan mates might dink around with each other and does not plan to really regulate those issues, but TKing another for Tking is not "accepted" - it is wrong and forbidden, and plenty of such offenders have indeed seen bans. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You sound honorable, so I encourage you to re-think your approach to Tk'ers, just screenshot them for later reporting and move on.

Big_Benn_Klingon #11 Posted May 12 2011 - 18:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33161 battles

View Postvespid, on May 11 2011 - 20:51, said:

WoT recognizes that platoon/clan mates might dink around with each other and does not plan to really regulate those issues, but TKing another for Tking is not "accepted" - it is wrong and forbidden, and plenty of such offenders have indeed seen bans. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You sound honorable, so I encourage you to re-think your approach to Tk'ers, just screenshot them for later reporting and move on.

Wow this sucks! I never knew that. I've killed at least 2 TKers - one that had -6! And also ive seen, over my time playing, a few other TKers "executed" by other team members.  Both the TKers I killed happened in tier 1-2 matches - in which is very easy to pop in and out of with a fake account and not worry about consequences like bannings.

So to be clear, if somebody decides to go on a tk rampage everybody is just supposta sit back and watch ur team and urself get destroyed and write off the game?  If that is the rule then it's the rule i suppose - and i will try to follow it.. but it is generally unknown or ignored and TKers are usually delt with by the team (and reported).

ratpak #12 Posted May 12 2011 - 19:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27384 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
screen shot, report, move on.  There will always be these kind of idiots in any game.  Don't you become one.  Don't be that guy.

Ricox #13 Posted May 12 2011 - 20:50

Major

• Players
  • 3801 battles
  • [F-AUX] F-AUX
From what I know, the new TK system they're planning to implement WILL encourage killing teamkillers (but IIRC you won't be automatically marked as teamkiller by just killing a friendly tank once by accident).

Krakti #14 Posted May 13 2011 - 03:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 2069 battles
Teamkilling will happen regardless if its intentional or not. There's been quite a few times(mostly in city maps) I fire a round down range and a teammie barrels down the path right in front and bam, dead. 99% of the time they realize what happened and 'sorry i blocked your shot,' or long range snipe and someone pops over a hill and the same deal happens. Sometimes they rush in to get that last hit for the kill(which is pointless I might add) and sometimes they will TK you because they dont get their way. 'Lets all rush left', no people reply so they cry and start tk'ing. I hope the new system will allow the team to destroy them as soon as they open fire on a fellow teammate...

vespid #15 Posted May 15 2011 - 14:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19943 battles
  • [-SBS-] -SBS-

View PostBig_Benn_Klingon, on May 12 2011 - 18:42, said:

So to be clear, if somebody decides to go on a tk rampage everybody is just supposta sit back and watch ur team and urself get destroyed and write off the game?  If that is the rule then it's the rule i suppose - and i will try to follow it.. but it is generally unknown or ignored and TKers are usually delt with by the team (and reported).

Yes, and sometimes the vigilantes are banned as well. But the times are a changing. Soon the game will give a special label to intentional TK'ers and it will be open season on them. But then the GAME will make the decision, not individual players.

Kaeldian #16 Posted May 16 2011 - 11:57

Major

• Players
  • 19203 battles
I would of just sighed and left the game if I was him.  If I had survived, I would of turned my turret and fired a shot back THEN went on my merry way.

I accept that accidents happen.  But when you shoot me in the opening seconds of the game, I find the excuse "it was an accident" very hard to swallow and the apology rings hollow.  You start to look more like an intentional TKr at that point trying to mascarade as an "Accidental" (and I've seen it, people buy it, and then the fuckwad turns and does it again with lolling apologies).  Just be careful in those opening seconds, you have no reason to have your finger on the fire button during that time anyway.

Trainwreck20 #17 Posted May 16 2011 - 16:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 19981 battles
  • [VAST] VAST

View PostMethos912, on May 11 2011 - 19:25, said:

Most are me being zoomed in, and someone drives in front of me while I am shooting.
^^This.  It happens.  Usually it is obvious what happens, and I don't issue or expect an apology - the survivor is probably still too busy to be chatting.

What annoys me more is the people that can't seem to drive around you or make minor alterations in their course, and they end up hitting you and damaging a track  :angry:

Jacurutu #18 Posted May 16 2011 - 18:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postvespid, on May 11 2011 - 20:51, said:

Wrong. I've been told that only the victim of a TK can report it, and I can confirm that myself by not having gotten any response for reporting someone who teamkilled a dude.

Death187 #19 Posted May 16 2011 - 18:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD
This happened to me one time. While playing an SU85 my finger twitched and I hit the fire button on the mouse. There happeend to be an IS3 in my LOS and I hit him for no damage. He then goes on ranting and QQing about it even after I apologized. The fact of the matter is even if somthing is a pure accident 30-40% of people will freak out as if their little world is collapsing down around them. As long as it was an accident and you apologized just ignore them and move on.

My persnal favorite is when people rage and tk people for the following...

1) "I warned you to get out of my spot your not a TD"
2) "I told you to move out of my line of fire so I taught you a lesson"
3) "Do not point your cannon at me and I wont have to TK you next time"
4) "You shouldnt have rammed me and broke my track"

I have actually had a team mate accuse me of TKing becuase he drove his panzer 3 into the rear of my IS and blew himself up lol.  :lol:

blakkmantis #20 Posted May 16 2011 - 18:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5347 battles
Obviously we have some idiots who teamkill on purpose, which I find utterly distasteful.  That being said, sometimes it can be pretty easy to accidentally teamkill someone.  For example, you could be in sniper mode concentrating on a tank way up ahead your just waiting to pull the trigger on, and all of a sudden a team mate swerves in front of your crosshairs out of nowhere just as your pulling the trigger.  It's happened to me a couple times.  The funny thing is, the poor guy who got hit gets mad at you, but really there was nothing you could have done to stop it, it's just one of those things that happen.  It happens in real life too.  All you can do is say sorry and move on.  It's just a game after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users