Periodic Map overview shows tanks while main screen does not

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

123zorn #1 Posted May 12 2011 - 16:50

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 61022 battles
  • [2BTR] 2BTR
I have had ~6 games in the last 2 weeks where the overview map (the small map on the right side bottom) shows tanks within 5-10M of me, however the main view map does not show the tank at all.  He can shoot at me, hit me, I cannot see him in the open at all, literally right beside me.  No damaged observation, I can see other tanks hundreds of meters away, 100% crew.  Even after the invisible tank kills me, I still cannot see him except on the small overall map at the bottom.  This has happened with me alone and also with teammates (who ultimately kill the tank beside me).  My teammates can see the other tank on both of their maps at all times.  

Overall the spotting component of this game needs very serious work (forget these other issues listed a future projects, spotting is the core of this game and needs to be revamped with commisurate resources applied).  Invisible tanks (literally invisible) are not acceptable in any fashion.

currahee1sg #2 Posted May 12 2011 - 17:23

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 21860 battles
They are outside your visible (viewable) range.

exRCDWO #3 Posted May 12 2011 - 17:36

Captain

• Players
  • 35149 battles
  • [HELL] HELL
I have had the same thing. Facing dead ahead tracers coming out of a bush and not see anything. Could be coming through the bush but still nto see a damn thing. I fire zommed in at the exact spot the round comes out and hit nothing. Minmap shows a dot in my view white vee, but can not see anything. Also with crews at 110%, binocs. Really is the major flaw in the game that drives me nuts.

Goodbye_Blue_Sky #4 Posted May 12 2011 - 17:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 12651 battles
I've had an issue that's somewhat similar; however I'm not sure if it's a bug or part of the mechanics.  I understand the update mechanics for near, medium, and far on the minimap.  I was tracking a fast medium behind a hill, hoping to snipe him as he came out from behind said hill.  I tracked his dot.... and then all of a sudden the dot stopped on the main screen.  YET!  His dot was still moving on the minimap!  I tried to follow him on the minimap but to no avail.  When my main screen finally updated, he was 50m past the hill and already safely nestled into a building area.  FAIL!   :blink:

123zorn #5 Posted May 12 2011 - 20:56

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 61022 battles
  • [2BTR] 2BTR
No this is not a hiding or spotting issue, it is literally invisible tanks.  Just the very last game less than 2 min ago I was just sitting on my base and had 5 enemy tanks around me, I can see their tracers, there is no where to hide and believe me with 9000+ games I know the hiding spots.  I literally had to run right into an enemy tank by following tracers across an open field, run into him and fire using my Stug.  No bushes, no trees, open field, no damaged observation, just invisible tanks.

This is not a viewable range issue.

This is not a hiding issue.

This is an invisible tank issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users