WG Stream RE: League

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

firekitty #1 Posted Jul 20 2014 - 18:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43473 battles
  • [IMWAR] IMWAR

I posted a question in new comers forum yesterday about WG Stream and quickly got a response that I feared would come up. So I am posting a similar question here, and am trying to bring awareness over a potential problem.

Ques: Is WG STREAM a legal mod for league play ?

One of the first responses I received in the prior post was " why on earth would you want to stream a league battle? Even with the delay in the streaming you would be compromising your strat and position ". That is true, but only luke warm as to the reason I posed the question. I considered watching any league battles through the stream, but then realized, if I can so can others. Through commonly used communications such as teamspeak, any watching a league stream COULD offer advice, form new strat etc. for players in that battle, during the battle.

As most players know during the heat of the battle, strat, mistakes, opportunities are often over looked, and after the fact, realized "should have done this instead". With live streaming the possibilities are opened up that an outsider could watch AND offer advice, coaching etc during a league battle ( even without viewing the enemy broadcast, but merely from their own ). This creates the possibility that instead of facing only the players on the enemy team, several more would be faced that are, in a sense, coaching and calling a battle they are not participating in. I believe that creates an unfair advantage.

I think WGLNA MUST clarify the use of live streaming for league battles. A memo should be sent to all team captains regarding this.

Personally, I feel replays are fine and encourage players to make them for a variety of reasons, however, I am against live streaming of league battles. League play is supposed to be 100% mod free, and I believe that MUST include live streaming as well.

I still have not found the answer to my question about if this is legal or not.

Please inform WGN about any concerns if this is an accepted mod for league play, and as always constructive comments and feed back are welcomed.

Thank you

Edited by firekitty, Jul 20 2014 - 19:01.

_Jdawgg #2 Posted Jul 21 2014 - 01:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10538 battles

It is essentially at a teams discretion if they want to stream their matches with or without a delay. If they chose to do it without a delay they run the risk of having their battles "stream sniped" and with a delay they can potentially give out the info on what they do with their strats.

Since in the WGLNA they demand you run a FULL vanilla client, I would assume the WG Stream thing would be outlawed via those rules. After all, complete vanilla means you don't have ANYTHING, not even something that only effects your garage. Mind you, someone from WarGaming could contradict that, but then they would need to go through and change their rules and we have all seen what them changing some of their rules midway through a season has resulted in (take a look at the Silver League section). When things are not clearly spelled out from the beginning it brings in confusion about just what in the hell is going on and can have the result of making a mockery of everything.

firekitty #3 Posted Jul 21 2014 - 05:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43473 battles
  • [IMWAR] IMWAR

I never have used any mods and don't plan to but think any who choose this and do league should make certain it is legal

Edited by firekitty, Jul 21 2014 - 05:26.

Guest_meem1029_* #4 Posted Jul 30 2014 - 08:07

From what I've heard using external streaming software such as OBS works better at this point anyway.

votato #5 Posted Aug 04 2014 - 06:56

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles
im pretty sure that using WG's streaming mod would be illegal, but if you are really determined to stream, use OBS. its third-party, and probably better anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users