platoons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

d4RkM4tT3r5 #1 Posted May 14 2011 - 20:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 30299 battles
Not sure if any one will agree with me but only allowing 3 to a platoons are kinda dumb. I mean I do have other friends who want to play with me like 5 of them. We have to do a tank company and it takes for ever to get in a game that way with all us. I think the 3 limit should be raise to like 5 to 8.

Scouten #2 Posted May 14 2011 - 20:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9834 battles
http://www.funnyforu...File0004641.JPG

this wont happen until at least 30v 30 battles people stop posting this stupid question i see at least 2-3 a day use search dammit

tmanpdx #3 Posted May 17 2011 - 05:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 12656 battles
  • [PDX] PDX

View Postpwnjuice, on May 14 2011 - 20:50, said:

Not sure if any one will agree with me but only allowing 3 to a platoons are kinda dumb. I mean I do have other friends who want to play with me like 5 of them. We have to do a tank company and it takes for ever to get in a game that way with all us. I think the 3 limit should be raise to like 5 to 8.

I agree this is a stupid limitation. Even worse is how the matchmaking system will weight platoons so that they are constantly being stuck at the bottom of a game with T3-T6. We don't even play together anymore after suffering through countless matches where we're at the bottom of the stack and "didn't even put a dent into them".

Platoons are stupid, at least in T3. I'm pretty pissed that I even spent money on a premium account so I can get raped with my friends. It's soured the lot of us on this game because it seems the only way you have a fighting chance is to play alone.

Dinbatu #4 Posted May 17 2011 - 08:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4730 battles
The problem is more than 3 it will make the matchmaking much worse (I certainly dont want to match with 5 maus or 5 T54s for example  :Smile-hiding:) and platoon in tier 3 is certainly not fun since it always outmatch but make platoon with teir 5 tanks and up is certainly fun.

DemonicSpoon #5 Posted May 17 2011 - 09:03

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3204 battles
OP: They will be adding in larger platoons when they add 30v30 and larger battles.

I agree this is a stupid limitation. Even worse is how the matchmaking system will weight platoons so that they are constantly being stuck at the bottom of a game with T3-T6. We don't even play together anymore after suffering through countless matches where we're at the bottom of the stack and "didn't even put a dent into them".

I don't think you understand what's going on. There is no special weighting given to platoons. However, when deciding which matches you can get put in, it puts you with the highest of your platoon. Keep in mind, not all tanks of a tier are equal. A tier 3 TD or SPG, for example, will get pulled into a higher tier match than a tier 3 light/medium.

Posted Image

Here is the matchmaking chart. Try to stay in vehicles that have similar battle tiers as your friends.

tmanpdx #6 Posted May 17 2011 - 20:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 12656 battles
  • [PDX] PDX
Why do you say there is no special weighting? It's discussed in the matchmaking dev post & the matchmaking discussion thread. Just yesterday, Chris K acknowledged they are still working on platoon weighting.

Eg, they specifically state that "3 tigers in a platoon have more weight than 3 tigers playing alone"

DemonicSpoon #7 Posted May 17 2011 - 23:33

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3204 battles
They had special weighting, then they removed it. What he means is, they're going to add special weighting, but they're not sure how to do it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users