Corporal

• Players
  • 3018 battles
Hold CTRL+click on the map square

SyberSmoke #3 Posted May 14 2011 - 23:16

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5116 battles
Oh and remember to keep an eye on your mini map.  Look for them little red dots that pup up near by...bets are that take is drawing a bead on you.

Battleship_Constitution #4 Posted May 15 2011 - 04:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14255 battles
If using the voice server best bet is to play it like battle ship. C4 or E7. In the game just shift and click the mini map where you want it.

a1fox3 #5 Posted May 15 2011 - 04:24

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 32548 battles
  • [CXT] CXT
Hold CTRL and left click on the mini map where you want to call att. to, this is normaly done to call att. to the other teams arty so only do it when it is needed not when a red dot appears on the map.

To many players think that as soon  as a red dot appears they need to ping the mini map but we all see the red dot, so please only do it when it is needed.

:Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena:

SentinelTiberius #6 Posted May 15 2011 - 08:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 2923 battles
The only time I do it is to call attention to a large enemy push on an undefended flank because most of the players on my team did a lemming rush to only one flank.  Sometimes it works and some pull back to cover where I pinged but most of the time it is ignored and my team rushes blindly on then wonders why our base is being capped and starts screaming at each other in a panic about what to do and who's fault it is.  This is the downside of random teams.  So few people understand the concept of teamwork and the benefits of coordination.  My best battles have been where we as a team came up with a good plan, and coordinated through the match.  Out of about 715 battles, I can count on one hand the number of times that has actually happened.  The majority of the time the response to a proposed plan and coordination is STFU and everyone just does their own thing.

Eblim #7 Posted May 15 2011 - 09:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19553 battles
I wasn't expecting so many answers. I do have a little bit of experience with the game already. I just couldn't figure out how to do it. It's very simple, so thank you. Managed to get M3 Lee and I'll be getting a T1 Heavy Tank tomorrow. Thanks again for quick replies.

Dirtyherby #8 Posted May 15 2011 - 16:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8491 battles

To many players think that as soon as a red dot appears they need to ping the mini map but we all see the red dot, so please only do it when it is needed.

Can you please define "when it is needed"?  Because I for one have no idea when it would be needed or not.  I mean, I would rather ping and make sure all of my team mates know that something has appeared versus not pinging and hope everyone has noticed that it did appear.  If I insult players intelligence when I do ping then so be it but atleast everyone now knows where an enemy tank is regardless of what is going on.

Maiyart #9 Posted May 16 2011 - 02:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11982 battles

View Posta1fox3, on May 15 2011 - 04:24, said:

To many players think that as soon  as a red dot appears they need to ping the mini map but we all see the red dot, so please only do it when it is needed.

It really depends on what other players are doing. If i'm looking down my scope conentrating on an enemy tank and someone pings a square to call attention to some tanks I haven't noticed, then I'm grateful they brought it to my attention. I'd rather someone ping a square than not at all.

GearaDoga #10 Posted May 16 2011 - 05:34

Major

• Players
  • 8517 battles
  • [WIH] WIH

View PostDirtyherby, on May 15 2011 - 16:34, said:

Can you please define "when it is needed"?  Because I for one have no idea when it would be needed or not.  I mean, I would rather ping and make sure all of my team mates know that something has appeared versus not pinging and hope everyone has noticed that it did appear.  If I insult players intelligence when I do ping then so be it but atleast everyone now knows where an enemy tank is regardless of what is going on.

As a general rule, if something happens in the general direction everybody's fighting towards, don't ping.  Stuff happening out on the flanks, where people aren't really paying much attention is often ping-worthy.

Also, if you spot artillery tracers off in the distance, pinging the general area they appear to have come from (and then typing an explanation so they know what you're going on about) is incredibly valuable in helping your own artillery zero in and hit them with counter-battery fire.  Definitely a good time to ping, though it requires your artillery guys to know what they're doing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users