• Players
  • 23165 battles
Heavies part updated with latest patch

Zepherex #62 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 03:40

Major

• Players
  • 23165 battles

Changes made:

Chi-To removed from list, its kinda too big and slow.

KV-85 added and ranked #5

M6 positon buffed to #1

Replaced Chaffee with T37

Vk 28.01 moved to position 3 on preferable scouts

T21 nerfed down to positon 4 on preferable scouts

Slayer_Jesse #63 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 09:57

Major

• Players
  • 27550 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU

T21 entry still makes reference to chaffee.

Jumbo entry still makes reference to "fleets of KV-1s".

Dust_ #64 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 12:37

Major

• Players
  • 15248 battles
Hellcats still good enough? Good to know.

Cpl_Maida #65 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 13:45

Captain

• Players
  • 38294 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Thanks for updating this.  Great info.

A few comments:

• Played a few SH this weekend where some guys brought their KV-85's and the gun depression issues were enough for everyone to all but give up on them (for Stronghold's at least).
  • I disagree with the OP's comments on the T37 being a sort of buffed Chaffee.  It simply isn't.  Can't put my finger on it but the T37 seems sluggish compared to the old Chaffee.  The hull traverse alone isn't nearly up to snuff with the old Chaffee.  I MISS THE OLD CHAFFEE.

Thanks again for your great post.

Cpl.

Slayer_Jesse #66 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 14:10

Major

• Players
  • 27550 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU

View PostCpl_Maida, on Sep 28 2014 - 08:45, said:

A few comments:

• Played a few SH this weekend where some guys brought their KV-85's and the gun depression issues were enough for everyone to all but give up on them (for Stronghold's at least).
  • I disagree with the OP's comments on the T37 being a sort of buffed Chaffee.  It simply isn't.  Can't put my finger on it but the T37 seems sluggish compared to the old Chaffee.  The hull traverse alone isn't nearly up to snuff with the old Chaffee.  I MISS THE OLD CHAFFEE.

Cpl.

hull traverse slower, much faster straight line. cant circle as well, but gets going much better.

our chaffee driver likes his so far.

It's also got better pen than old chaffee with the single shot.

Zepherex #67 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 14:19

Major

• Players
  • 23165 battles

View PostSlayer_Jesse, on Sep 28 2014 - 04:57, said:

T21 entry still makes reference to chaffee.

Jumbo entry still makes reference to "fleets of KV-1s".

Thanks ill be sure to fix that

Cpl_Maida #68 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 14:28

Captain

• Players
  • 38294 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostSlayer_Jesse, on Sep 28 2014 - 09:10, said:

hull traverse slower, much faster straight line. cant circle as well, but gets going much better.

our chaffee driver likes his so far.

It's also got better pen than old chaffee with the single shot.

At first I thought I hated it, but that might have just been stubbornness or disappointment in losing my favorite tank.  Circling heavies is what the Chaffee did better than anyone, so I guess my disappointment is in exactly what you're saying - the T37 just can't circle as well.  I still use it over the 12t for SH though (don't own the Type-64). 

Zepherex #69 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 14:32

Major

• Players
  • 23165 battles

View PostCpl_Maida, on Sep 28 2014 - 08:45, said:

A few comments:

Cpl.

Fair enough, in IOC we try to implement more advanced tactics on people. We know many clans will bring the kv-85 and use the 122. Because of that we often bring tanks with good speed and gun depression because it is so easy to outplay someone who cant even get their gun down. As for the whole T37/ Chaffee rebutle, even though it is different it still is very good, i edited the OP to highlight the worse turning speed though.

Slayer_Jesse #70 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 27550 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU
yeah, now whan i see the 122, i laugh that we're about to violate him, after shrugging off the ouchie. it's almost kv-2 levels of reload now. 100mm is quite dangerous, but i agree with your assesment: the M6 is the better all rounder. that said tho, my clan mates seem to prefer the 85 over the 150. still experimenting with our setup, but we're leaning towards 2 m6, 2 russian heavies, 2 meds, and a T37.  1 med can be swapped for hellcat.

Cpl_Maida #71 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 14:40

Captain

• Players
  • 38294 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostZepherex, on Sep 28 2014 - 09:32, said:

Fair enough, in IOC we try to implement more advanced tactics on people. We know many clans will bring the kv-85 and use the 122. Because of that we often bring tanks with good speed and gun depression because it is so easy to outplay someone who cant even get their gun down. As for the whole T37/ Chaffee rebutle, even though it is different it still is very good, i edited the OP to highlight the worse turning speed though.

Hey - in no way was it a criticism, just my observation based on my own play. I really appreciate your post and have shared it with the guys in my clan after both recent patches. Thanks again for taking the time to put this together - its extremely helpful.

By any chance did you do one of these for tier VIII and I missed it? I run the 13 90 but wonder with all of the new lights what people are running now.

Slayer_Jesse #72 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 14:43

Major

• Players
  • 27550 battles
  • [SAKU] SAKU

View PostCpl_Maida, on Sep 28 2014 - 09:40, said:

Hey - in no way was it a criticism, just my observation based on my own play. I really appreciate your post and have shared it with the guys in my clan after both recent patches. Thanks again for taking the time to put this together - its extremely helpful.

By any chance did you do one of these for tier VIII and I missed it? I run the 13 90 but wonder with all of the new lights what people are running now.

from the pre patch hype, im guessing RU 251.

SquareCanine #73 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 15:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8054 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

Your choice of heavies interests me. I think it's fairly obvious that you are in a better position to judge than I am, and perhaps this is different for high level play, but from my own experience I'm not sure I would put the T-150 that high up.

I didn't have a KV-1S, and don't have the KV-85, so my perspective is limited. I use my T-150 in our clan stronghold matches a lot as a stand in, and speed always has been, and continues to be a serious issue for this tank. It can't keep up with faster heavies in a mixed force, and it lacks the speed to properly redeploy. It also has terrible view range. Of course, my clan, while certainly out there to win, is not a clan of top notch competitive players, and we are still finding our stride when it comes to deployment strategies and combat discipline.

I am however going to hazard a guess that a clan like the IOC sees these battles a whole different level of understanding that I do, and I can certainly see a lot of potential for the T-150 on many maps if you have a well ironed deployment strategy and good combat discipline. I really hope that someday I will get to see some clans use their T-150's to good effect.

I'll also be sure to give my M6 a shot once I have it unlocked. I've seen a few of them in battle, and I haven't really taken them seriously, and I feel now like I really should.

Zepherex #74 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 23165 battles

View PostCpl_Maida, on Sep 28 2014 - 09:40, said:

I dont have enough experiance at tier 8 to make an informed guide. IOC hardly has enough people floating around to run tier 6. 

As for your scout question,  I think the 13 90 would still have its place seeing as it is a bursty autoloader. The WZ-132 has 0 purpose now seeing as the T-54L completly out classes it. Ultimatley though the RU251 is better than the T-54L. So if you like burst tanks 13 90, if you want a fast almost old chaffee like tier 8, RU251

Zepherex #75 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 15:48

Major

• Players
  • 23165 battles

View PostSquareCanine, on Sep 28 2014 - 10:24, said:

Your choice of heavies interests me. I think it's fairly obvious that you are in a better position to judge than I am, and perhaps this is different for high level play, but from my own experience I'm not sure I would put the T-150 that high up.

I didn't have a KV-1S, and don't have the KV-85, so my perspective is limited. I use my T-150 in our clan stronghold matches a lot as a stand in, and speed always has been, and continues to be a serious issue for this tank. It can't keep up with faster heavies in a mixed force, and it lacks the speed to properly redeploy. It also has terrible view range. Of course, my clan, while certainly out there to win, is not a clan of top notch competitive players, and we are still finding our stride when it comes to deployment strategies and combat discipline.

I am however going to hazard a guess that a clan like the IOC sees these battles a whole different level of understanding that I do, and I can certainly see a lot of potential for the T-150 on many maps if you have a well ironed deployment strategy and good combat discipline. I really hope that someday I will get to see some clans use their T-150's to good effect.

I'll also be sure to give my M6 a shot once I have it unlocked. I've seen a few of them in battle, and I haven't really taken them seriously, and I feel now like I really should.

KV-1S had the speed of a medium tank, it had -8 gun depression which is insanely good, and the 122mm had ok accuracy and reload. The KV85 is nothing like it at all besides the 390 alpha if you can land the shot. The M6 now is the best when it comes to speed and gun depression, its 90mm gun is also very good. The T-150 is like a heavier armored hp box which is usefull for urban maps its 107mm gun out alphas almost everything besides the kv85 however it has much better accuracy so you can often aim fast hit him and back out before he is ready to fire.

SneakyPotato #76 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 18:06

Captain

• Players
  • 19754 battles

View PostCpl_Maida, on Sep 28 2014 - 05:45, said:

A few comments:

Cpl.

The traverse isn't quite there and the power to weight isn't as good either. I feel like the terrain resistance is also worse compared to the old Chaffee.  That's why it seems sluggish.  I thought the same as when I went from the Chaffee to the Type 64... the small differences in the soft stats, as well as those tiny differences in the bigger stats, all make for a tank that feels very different.

That being said, while it can't circle as well as the old Chaffee did, it still does a great job and I love it. It's not quite as good, but considering it sees much better MM in pubs and can penetrate most things with ease in tier 6... I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Personality #77 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 23:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14749 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-
aw, shucks. Only good midtier german tank is the 28.01

Cpl_Maida #78 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 23:33

Captain

• Players
  • 38294 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postgonxau, on Sep 28 2014 - 13:06, said:

That being said, while it can't circle as well as the old Chaffee did, it still does a great job and I love it. It's not quite as good, but considering it sees much better MM in pubs and can penetrate most things with ease in tier 6... I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I'm sure it will grow on me.  Not sure how many damn tier six scouts I need, but for now it's a keeper.

RF_Van #79 Posted Sep 29 2014 - 10:41

Major

• Players
  • 12481 battles
@OP...I seen all good people turn their heads each day, so satisfied I'm on my way.....and Yes to the M6.

Zepherex #80 Posted Sep 29 2014 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 23165 battles

View PostRF_Van, on Sep 29 2014 - 05:41, said:

@OP...I seen all good people turn their heads each day, so satisfied I'm on my way.....and Yes to the M6.

Yes! Someone who gets the lyrics

Also tagged with Guide, Stronghold, Beginners

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users