WoT Launcher does not function

FullClientDownload Patch 9.2 WoT Launcher Useless Portal Link(s) Lost Premium Account Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

Valan #1 Posted Aug 07 2014 - 19:04

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles

Needed to do a fresh 'Full Client' installation of World of Tanks, patch 9.2 on Monday morning.  Ended up wasting 8 hours of my free time over two days attempting to achieve this outcome. Plus lost premium account time (gold), and the ability to benefit from 2x crew experience modifier.

Trouble is the World of Tanks portal links give a direct linkto a non-functioning copy of the WoT Launcher software (version 0.0.0.0, built with Inno Setup).  Compounding this useless portal redirectdownload link.  Unlike previous patches, I have not been able to find a published direct link to a 'Full Client' installation of World of Tanks.  Each of the three prior patches, it was possible to not use the WoT Launcher and yet install the game. 

As for, the obvious suggestion of opening a ticket with Wargaming Support. I've done that. What have they said?  Go read an useless F.A.Q that doesn't solve the problem.  

Wargaming NA moderators please ask your technical people to PUT UP A FULL CLIENT copy of the game once again, for direct download.  Other servers retain this option, yet somehow the NA server doesn't have it anymore. Why the change in policy?

Pigeon_of_War #2 Posted Aug 07 2014 - 19:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Since 9.0, we no longer have full client downloads. I am willing to assist you though. If you are having issues downloading the client, please send a Tech Ticket to Support. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users