am i missing something at hi speeds?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Winters #1 Posted May 16 2011 - 03:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 11737 battles
  • [UGI] UGI
i have noticed there are a handful of individuals out there that i come against that have a 100% hit ratio running at hi speeds. I have tried myself in the bt-2 with a crew at90% and the  hit ratio is horrible which it should be,shots going all over the place. So how are certain individuals getting around this?
example: running my bt-2 on fast scouting mission i was picked up by an enemy m2 light, he was  about medium range behind me hauling butt to keep up but every shot he let loose smacked me no matter how hard a ducked and scooted. Ran into same dude 3 more games thru out the night and result was always the same,him running around the field full bore hitting everyone(all 3 games i seen him in he was top gun)
so::::how is he getting around an in game built deviation?

cheatdeath #2 Posted May 16 2011 - 03:35

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 16949 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN
higher the speed= less accurite you are going to be so theres no way theres a tank that hits ever time at high speed unless they get really lucky.

Konflict #3 Posted May 16 2011 - 03:47

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3209 battles

View Postcheatdeath, on May 16 2011 - 03:35, said:

higher the speed= less accurite you are going to be so theres no way theres a tank that hits ever time at high speed unless they get really lucky.

or have a hack

Lakel #4 Posted May 16 2011 - 03:51

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4750 battles
Wanna define "medium range" with a number? and what gun?

blade12444 #5 Posted May 16 2011 - 04:18

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7691 battles
certain tanks will certain mods and guns are more accurate while moving at high speeds.

For example , pershing with 105/kong 90mm , vents and vert stab , hits accuratly on the move.

Elevenbravo #6 Posted May 16 2011 - 07:58

Private

• Players
  • 4782 battles
My favorite tank in WW2 was the simple M2 light tank.. so that is one of the vehicals I plan to elite out to 100%.. I am close now with a crew at 97%.  I absolutely love this little tank.  I can run flat out nearly as fast as BT 2's and it has armor of the same thickness in the back as it does on front.  It is great for firing on the move and circle killing.. the gun fires 5 round bursts and is best employed at high speeds and turning fights.  This is all with the 20mm hispano cannon.. if I attempt the same tactics with the 37mm/45mm I fail horribly and am forced into bush camping/hopping in order to have a steady platform for firing.  Hope this helps..  If he was firing at you with the 45 or 37 I have no idea how he was that accurate.

edit: the m2 doen't have a 45mm option. oops.

boybland #7 Posted May 16 2011 - 22:32

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles

View PostWinters, on May 16 2011 - 03:27, said:

i have noticed there are a handful of individuals out there that i come against that have a 100% hit ratio running at hi speeds. I have tried myself in the bt-2 with a crew at90% and the  hit ratio is horrible which it should be,shots going all over the place. So how are certain individuals getting around this?
example: running my bt-2 on fast scouting mission i was picked up by an enemy m2 light, he was  about medium range behind me hauling butt to keep up but every shot he let loose smacked me no matter how hard a ducked and scooted. Ran into same dude 3 more games thru out the night and result was always the same,him running around the field full bore hitting everyone(all 3 games i seen him in he was top gun)
so::::how is he getting around an in game built deviation?

Because he was directly behind you traveling in the same direction there was no lateral movement, this meant there was no turret traverse, therefore no accuracy penalty, there was also no leading required so he can just auto aim.
This is an EXTREMELY effective way to kill enemy scouts, I like to call it interceptor mode as it kind of reminds me of dog fighting fighters, the Russian T-28 with the 85mm is particularly good at this, but most mediums that get very low penalties for firing on the move are great for it.

stickjock #8 Posted May 16 2011 - 23:02

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT
Skill??  dunno... my hit ratio is nowhere near 100% (far from it) but I'm sure everyone has been privy to the odd shot at a target that dodging around... most folks will dodge left and right... back and forth in the same pattern... see the pattern and let him dodge into your shot...

Winters #9 Posted May 17 2011 - 04:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 11737 battles
  • [UGI] UGI
thank you all,i really did not know much of this info =0) especially about gun types and speed-still learning the game. Thank you all very much you answered what i was wondering about =0)

DemonicSpoon #10 Posted May 17 2011 - 07:41

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3204 battles

or have a hack

Yes. I suppose this would be possible if someone was able to somehow get access to the World of Tanks server (you know, where all the calculations are done). Fortunately, that is more or less not possible.

I really wish people who complained about cheating actually knew anything about what's involved.

Also, OP: The gun circle can be deceptive. Accuracy follows a normal distribution. You're actually far more likely to hit near the center of the circle than you are near the edges...So sometimes shooting on the move can actually work better than you'd think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users