Hitzone skins + Compressed Hitzone Skins for slow computers

skins hitzones mod

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

PBR4Life #61 Posted Jun 08 2011 - 16:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 2439 battles
You pubs with your E-Honor... Wargaming has stated that they have no problems with these skins, just like they had no problem with the anti-shaking mod (and then made it part of the game). If the game maker doesn't consider it a cheat, then it isn't a cheat. Harassing people who use them to shoot better just shows how bitter you all are. Find something else to complain about.

Captain_Dorja #62 Posted Jun 09 2011 - 04:42

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15200 battles
  • [QSF] QSF
I agree with you (being an Eve player, if the devs say feel free to play like a dick, than if you aren't being a dick than you're fail) but at the same time I do think WN is making a mistake with allowing this. It is not something you should have in a match. I don't have any complaint about people having it in general, but if you zoom in on a T-34-85 and it looks like that... I don't think it's a good move on their part to keep it up. The reason is that people who don't understand are going to freak out all the time. On a side note, maybe this explains why I keep getting ammo racked like every match in my P4  :blink:

TheBishop #63 Posted Jun 10 2011 - 14:04

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6459 battles
just used the skin.  was helpful to me.  the obvious one was the gas tanks, but a surprise to me was the tracks, only a hit on the front and rear sprockets would crit.  also there where more areas than i thought to hit commanders and gunner/driver.

thanx for the help!

Nakiami #64 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 02:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4613 battles
God all three hosts there suck.

http://www.megauploa...d=XSP6W0U3  <-- a less than completely terrible rehost of 0.6.4.

Nooben #65 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 10:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21 battles
hit zone skins by Legamir based on skins by Korean Random.

EmperorGlocky #66 Posted Jun 15 2011 - 01:28

Private

• Players
  • 1700 battles
Everyone calm down and breath. It's just a game, if you don't like the skin pack then don't download it. If anything this can help some people who have very little grasp of tank warfare like some do. I know this helps some of my friends as training aid's since they kept giving up on the game.

GSPatton_ #67 Posted Jun 15 2011 - 18:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4383 battles
  • [THNK2] THNK2

View PostRadae, on Jun 06 2011 - 04:03, said:

KV-5 and Lowe are easy to kill if you're in a StuG or better.  :Smile_great:

lololol a stug? lololol iv had stugs bounce 10+ shots off my lowe, i really just ignore them and let the little guys get a free kill.......lolololo

amazingronaldo #68 Posted Jun 15 2011 - 21:34

Captain

• Players
  • 10211 battles
  • [CIA] CIA
I haven't tried any of these since beta, but I just did again with this color pack and it is a wonderful training aid. I can look at my tanks and see their weak spots so I can memorize them for when I fight the same tanks in battles. I also have gotten close up looks at some top tier tanks like the Maus and saw a weak spot or two that I will aim for in battle. I won't even need the skin, I just have remembered the spot, but I didn't know it was there until now. :)

Goldensaver #69 Posted Jun 16 2011 - 05:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4911 battles

View Postamazingronaldo, on Jun 15 2011 - 21:34, said:

I haven't tried any of these since beta, but I just did again with this color pack and it is a wonderful training aid. I can look at my tanks and see their weak spots so I can memorize them for when I fight the same tanks in battles. I also have gotten close up looks at some top tier tanks like the Maus and saw a weak spot or two that I will aim for in battle. I won't even need the skin, I just have remembered the spot, but I didn't know it was there until now. :)

And that's really all I see these as being for. It's not a cheat, as it is something I could do just by looking at the schematics for a Maus for a few hours and memorizing them. It's a learning tool, a short cut, sure, maybe even a crutch. But I'd not consider it a cheat. It's a learning tool.

People need to calm down about this. I can't remember where, but Overlord, or some other mod/admin or something made a post about it saying it's allowed.

Edit: Found it, 4th quote from the bottom of post #10:

Overlord said:

incurably_myself said:

on 17 February 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:
There is a small discussion about hitbox skins in the forum right now

Is it considered an unfair advantage over other players at this point ?
or maybe in the future ?
I will post the anwser in the discussion so we have an official statement regarding the issue.
thanks

Tank skins featuring weak spots of vehicles are officially allowed. The main requirement is that they (skins) shouldn't contain any other prohibited content.
Right here.

tjohobbit #70 Posted Jun 16 2011 - 18:44

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Just tried a hitzoneskin and plz say I am wrong.

My whole front both as PZIV and now I bought VK 3001 is a hitzone?

Is this really true. Feels very very wiered that its better to turn a side or back to the fight.

Yes I know the armour is thicker but so far that feels like shit the same.

amazingronaldo #71 Posted Jun 16 2011 - 23:02

Captain

• Players
  • 10211 battles
  • [CIA] CIA

View Posttjohobbit, on Jun 16 2011 - 18:44, said:

Just tried a hitzoneskin and plz say I am wrong.

My whole front both as PZIV and now I bought VK 3001 is a hitzone?

Is this really true. Feels very very wiered that its better to turn a side or back to the fight.

Yes I know the armour is thicker but so far that feels like shit the same.

It looks like a lot of the front is Cyan which is weak but not the worst like the pink. But also, this just means it is a weak spot. I shot a Maus in a 'weak spot' and bounced all three times. Shooting those spots does not ensure penetration or you even hitting where the center of your reticle is. So don't worry too much.

RedShocktrooper #72 Posted Jun 17 2011 - 19:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 5941 battles
  • [PRAV] PRAV
Well, these skins only really help tanks that manage to get close enough to accurately shoot at the spots marked, and the ones that are accurate enough to make out the ~*~GLARINGLY OBVIOUS~*~ ones like fuel barrels and treads.

Sure, it might be illegal in terms of rules, but I feel like these skins have no effect on how much damage you actually do from the typical World of Tanks combat range of about 100m, unless the user is a nimble machine that would manage to get close enough to actually exploit them.

Then again, if they don't know to shoot the treads and rear of the tank...

johncage #73 Posted Jun 19 2011 - 03:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4015 battles
cool cheats, brah

Deinhard #74 Posted Jun 19 2011 - 19:40

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10486 battles
IM triyin Black and White now, thanks!.

AirG #75 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 03:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16551 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
black and white is freakin SWEET <3

Lumina #76 Posted Jun 26 2011 - 15:32

Major

• Players
  • 6236 battles
Why make a skin for no brainer locations to fire?  It is obvious where to shoot in most tanks to do specific module damage.  If someone can not figure out where to shoot to take out the fuel tank or say a Panther tank, or knock out the engine of a Tiger I, or T-34, killing crew members you can just look at crew positioning pictures from websites on specific vehicles, or how to knock out a gun.. they're fools.  High Tier battles I've actually find some nice spots for catching some tanks on fire, and learned where to shoot on a few tanks to damage ammunition and have been getting some lucky 1 hit KOs because of it, you don't need hitzone skins to figure out almost no brain locations to fire.

Really the hardest part for me to find is the ammunition racks, outside of that everything else is idiot proof, some tanks put them in odd places I swear.   :lol:

Normally you can look at the tanks shape, and later look at specs of a specific tank and easily figure out where weak spots are going to most likely be on their armor.  Like the Vk3601 and Tiger I being the under belly on the front side, penetrate every shot... IS-3s my favorite place to aim for is where the gun barrel is, it is the flattest part of the turret, and right on the front, giving a good chance to damage the gun at the same time.  Works on the IS even better. lol

Arzoo #77 Posted Jun 27 2011 - 02:11

Captain

• Players
  • 6061 battles
I'm interested in seeing the colored skins (looks like they did a great job labeling things), but I just want to see images of them to review rather than actually use the skins in game; are there any compilations of photos of tanks with these skins? I only see those three photos for the colored ones.

bwc153 #78 Posted Jun 27 2011 - 14:01

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 221 battles
Just like to point out, that by the definition of Cheating, this is in fact a cheat.  Minus me all you want, but this is the truth - and you not liking it doesn't change it.
It is of course the Mods/Developers choice to enforce the rules on cheating that they have given us.

Cheat:
Verb: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination:

You are acting dishonestly by abusing the developers system of allowing people to change the camouflage patterns on tanks.    This is otherwise known as exploiting, which is a form of cheating.

Good day,
- bwc153

TobyDaCrackMonster #79 Posted Jun 27 2011 - 14:43

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Dude your so wrong its not cheating!!!! Definition of cheating is different then cheating because words are different and people dont all know words the same. Get over it. It cant be cheating. I gave u a minus.

View Postbwc153, on Jun 27 2011 - 14:01, said:

Just like to point out, that by the definition of Cheating, this is in fact a cheat.  Minus me all you want, but this is the truth - and you not liking it doesn't change it.
It is of course the Mods/Developers choice to enforce the rules on cheating that they have given us.

Cheat:
Verb: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination:

You are acting dishonestly by abusing the developers system of allowing people to change the camouflage patterns on tanks.    This is otherwise known as exploiting, which is a form of cheating.

Good day,
- bwc153

bwc153 #80 Posted Jun 27 2011 - 14:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 221 battles
While you are correct about there different words, you are in fact wrong in your assumption that the definition above does not describe the current situation.  It mentions in the above definition 'especially in a game or examination', tell me this, is World of Tanks A game or NOT a game?    If it is, then your argument is null and void, as this definition of the word 'Cheat' does in fact apply to this situation.

Signed,
- bwc153

Also tagged with skins, hitzones, mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users