• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Furkin_Tonkin #1 Posted May 17 2011 - 12:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26338 battles
  • [ESAD] ESAD
Hi all quick couple of Q's about the spot mechanism

1) Are you less likely to be spotted when approaching from the rear? i.e are there less of these "checkpoints" that look backwards, or is it 360 degrees.

2) Are you less likely to be spotted when moving slowly, using "R" to move rather than just using "W"

Thanks for any replies :0)

GRB_Duck #2 Posted May 17 2011 - 12:57

Captain

• Players
  • 18501 battles
Search the forums.
The answer is within.

(seriously - it really is)

Furkin_Tonkin #3 Posted May 17 2011 - 13:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26338 battles
  • [ESAD] ESAD
ok thanks, if it is really there will have another look.  Did try a search but couldnt find it initially.

Rickenbacker #4 Posted May 17 2011 - 13:18

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Well, IIRC each tank has three view points it can spot you from. One at the top of the turret (commanders cupola), one at the bottom (driver/radio guys view port) and one that follows your barrel around (gunners sight). The last one is directional, so approaching from behind the turret should make you slightly harder to spot. No idea if this means anything in practice, though.

DokterBeefcake #5 Posted May 17 2011 - 13:40

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15136 battles
From my experience (and confirmed by an illustration about today's spotting system changes) there is only one 'spotting' location that hovers over roughly the center of the turret (the patch is adding another at the gun mantlet).  This point pulses all 360 degrees.  It's not a constant detection, you detect on timed intervals depending on range).  Thus, the only way to reduce your chance of detection is to be further away where there are fewer checks per minute.

Also, speed doesn't effect camo in my experience.  You are either still or moving, and there is no gray area.  I used to believe otherwise, but after being tagged by invisible snipers while behind a pile of bushes the moment I tap the R key once, I've disregarded that as wishful thinking.

So if you don't want to be detected, here's the order:
Stay behind cover (and I do mean BEHIND)
Stay still
Don't fire
Stay at long range
Have camo net and crew camo skill (I have this last since if your tank has no base camo to begin with, these will barely help).

Rickenbacker #6 Posted May 17 2011 - 13:52

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I think it's confirmed that speed doesn't matter. Either your tracks move, and your camo bonuses go away, or they don't move and the camo bonuses kick in after 5 seconds.

Furkin_Tonkin #7 Posted May 17 2011 - 16:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26338 battles
  • [ESAD] ESAD
aha! thanks all, had a feeling speed was irrelevant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users