How to Tank: Things Beginners Need to Know!

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

MrBojangles1971 #161 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 01:28

Private

• Players
  • 43683 battles
  • [CRZYT] CRZYT

Ticket #1065251

Category:
WoT
Sub-category:
Wargaming.net Game Center
With all do respect I feel it is my duty as a loyal Wargaming Member, and I might say ONLY a Wargaming Member that the Game dynamics have taken an incredible fall for the worse! I do NOT, and will NOT accept a generic typical Wargaming reply like every ticket on this one; I expect a real response with no more empty promises, and expect a little bit of care be shown over a big $$$$ client such as myself please! Everyone is running War-pack at this point, or some other Mod that gives them an unfair advantage, and I myself am ashamed to say that i feel that unless i also run these Mods that i don't stand a chance in the arena anymore! Since there really is no governing body to allocate account bans, or warnings then it is rampant at this point. Perhaps I am just a bad player, i don't know, but i can say this will all certainty, "Since the last couple of patches the game has become much much less of an enjoyment to play, and more of a feeling of having been pick pocketed, and spit upon". Clan participation is lowest in 4 years, members have either uninstalled completely, or simply play other games that are more enjoyable at this point. I myself have honestly spent $130 CDN once or twice a weak since i established my account on Gold, and Silver packages, this translates into nearly $35,000.00 which at this point i am beginning to regret given the recent spectacular disappointments associated with World of Tanks. I have done my very best over the years to encourage new players to download, and install this game, and to become part of the Wargaming Community; however, at this point i believe that things are so bad I could NOT in good conscience recommend the game to someone new, as i have a very difficult time keeping seasoned players from uninstalling. The contact list problem is a really awful one, and although many empty promises have been made by Wargaming to have the problem resolved it has not been, and a great many players refuse to play at this point without their friends list being restored, and operating correctly? What will Wargaming do to keep me? I feel like i am due at least at a complete minimum, some form of compensation for this huge disappointment Wargaming has been peddling? Fix the game, rebate me at least $100.00 CDN, or see me and my $12000/year leave, and then ask yourselves wthhappened, and further that when you read the year end Profit/Loss Statement. Perhaps everyone just got a lot better at the game, or perhaps Wargaming just doesn't like me my money, or any of the money CRZYT and ALL OF ITS MEMBERS help contribute, but a simple clan disband will unequivocally cost Wargaming a pile of Revenue that apparently you don't need anyways right? Please respond ONLY with an apology, a solution to the contact list problem, and a Coupon ($100?CDN) or equivalent there of as a form of reimbursement, and finally just make the game FUN again please, I feel cheated, and hurt!!!!
Best Regards....
MrBojangles1971 (Commander of The Crazy Train)
Call me a scrub if you like, do nothing I am tired of caring about something that doesn't care in return. or MAN up and do the right thing for me at least I need to know that this is the place to stay, and to persevere long term or I need to know right now if i should walk away?

THUDER_1 #162 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 02:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 11622 battles
MrBojangles 1971 I am sorry, I din't think that some one who has paid the amount you say you have suffer through some of the same problems others have. But I think that the operators of W.O.T. just don't give a DAMN about many of the players. Since I don't pay to play, it doesn't bother me as much. For I can always to to another game and play that is more fair in it's operation. I agree with you I would NEVER suggest to any one to sign up for this game, unless they know the VERY LARGE DOWN SIDE of CHEATING that goes on in this game. I'm just waiting for the game that at the start, Red Arty fires one round and knocks out my tank before i can move. That is coming, but many players will not believe me when it happens. I have posted with many players that give me MOMBO JUMBO on why things happen. But ignore me when I give them the facts. Well you have to make your own decisions on what you will do. Good Luck

Sellyy1 #163 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 22:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 1444 battles
I Played Combat Arms for many years, and the same thing happened there. They implemented things like moderator accounts to try and impede said cheaters. But it alternatively made things even worse for skilled players not hacking, getting kicked out of games for making good shots. On a side note most cheaters on CA eventually get caught. Even so-called friends/clan mates that passed TV requirements and were still caught hacking. What is a good hack free FPS or RTS that has NO cheating ? I wanna try one before I die :(

THUDER_1 #164 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 20:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 11622 battles
sellyy1, I agree 100%, how does ANY GAME deal with THE GAME CHEATING? I don't play Clan, Platoon, games. These players are in Competition with other Clan's or Platoons, so I don't interfere with their games. I just play RANDOM games with different players on each team each game. That way i can play MY GAME, MY WAY, and it doesn't heart the Clan or platoon. And Yes I know there are Cheaters, but have no idea on what or how they do that. What bothers me is when the GAME ie W.O.T. CHEATS to protect their PETS, or just to cause me trouble. Since i have the WORST GUNNERS in the game. even though MOST are 100% trained, and circa 80 to 90 % Dead Eye. They can' t hit the BROAD SIDE OF A BARN. But as I said I'm waiting for the 1 shot kill on me by RED ARTY at the start of a GAME.  NO ONE WILL BELIEVE ME WHEN THAT HAPPENS. BUT IT WILL GIVEN TIME. GOOD LUCK:hiding:

hammerfall314 #165 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 19:54

Private

• Players
  • 4452 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U
When are they going to Niezdarny the arty...  I wanna play with my friends and it wont let me join a platoon with my SPG.  T_T

Edited by hammerfall314, Jun 21 2017 - 19:56.

ChaiSniper_xD #166 Posted Jun 22 2017 - 18:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Much appreciated with the videos! I am learning so much before I step foot in this game!

imnolegend #167 Posted Jun 29 2017 - 12:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 2309 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
:coin:

DasWolfpack #168 Posted Jun 30 2017 - 19:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I'm sure the videos are lovely, however, any idea when we'll see a "Don't everybody go RIGHT!!!" in the command wheel? Asking for a friend.

mackwrench #169 Posted Jul 01 2017 - 02:07

Private

• Players
  • 11601 battles
Hammerfall, next patch they are allowing one arty per platoon

Nlfyskiod #170 Posted Jul 04 2017 - 01:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
let me play stop letting me wait 5 min to load a game i have no time between each match to wait for your slownes

GoHard_DNA #171 Posted Jul 04 2017 - 08:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostNlfyskiod, on Jul 03 2017 - 20:32, said:

let me play stop letting me wait 5 min to load a game i have no time between each match to wait for your slownes

You also have to remember that the server population is at an all time low... Also are you going into Random battles?

Pappy1961 #172 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 17:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12338 battles
  • [MUG-M] MUG-M
First thing you need to know...  WARGAMING does NOT care how good a customer, how much you play OR how much money you spend on the game.....    

Ticket #1093914

Category:
WoT
Sub-category:
In-Game Goods
I would like to officially request the return of all premium time, silver and gold that I have purchased since the date WG did the patch a couple months ago where they trashed out the friends and contact lists. During this time frame I have continued to play, I rely heavily on my contacts list which stays near the 300 mark to enjoy my gameplay and to run my clans. WG has made that part impossible with the code mistakes they have made in the patches. You turned my T54 lightweight tank from a tier 8 to a WORTHLESS tier 9 tank which I had to sell for WAY LESS THAN HALF the price I put into it. I BOUGHT WITH REAL MONEY AND PREMIUM TIME the silver and gold to to research, crew aND TRAIN UP THE CREW TO GET THIS TANK THE WAY i WANTED IT JUST SO WG COULD ruin AND MAKE IT A totally unplayable IN CLAN WARS AND STRONGHOLDS TIER 8, THIS WAS THE ONLY REASON I WORKED SO HARD TO ATTAIN THIS TANK!! I feel that wargaming OWES ITS USERS BETTER SERVICE when it comes to NOT CHANGING THE ITEMS THE PLAYERS HAVE WORKED HARD TO ATTAIN!! As of yet I have not contacted the BBB or an Attorney, I have however researched it a bit and found out that the BBB in California has already got several complaints about WG and the WOT game due to just such as this. I have experienced during th past few months FIRED SHELLS DISAPPEARING in front of my face when fired at POINT BLANK RANGE at enemy tanks, the gun fires, and NOTHING!! I PAID REAL WORLD MONEY FOR THE SILVER TO BUY THOSE PREMIUM ROUNDS AND THE JUST FARTED AWAY WITH NO EFFECT!!! I have submitted ticket during this time frame concerning the problems and as yet WG just closes the tickets WITHOUT addressing the problems in the replies, you just close the tickets. Honestly, I think a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT MIGHT BE A BETTER ANSWER.... But for myself, right now first, I am requesting a full refund of all in game items used from the date of wargamings contact list screw up patch to the day they got it working again, which was this last patch. So very near a 2 month time-frame here is in question. PLEASE DO NOT just blow off this request and close this ticket. IF that is what you do I will be left no choice but to try and rally support for a group lawsuit against wargaming. Please advise as to what if anything wargaming is willing to do to try and make right the wrongs they have been doing to the player base. I await a reply to this ticket and DO HOPE YOU DO NOT JUST CLOSE IT!!!

Answered
REOPENCLOSE

Replies

Jonathan Daley 

Hi Pappy1961,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Wargaming support!

Apologies for all the inconvenience caused by the loss of your contacts list and chat. This is not the experience we would like our players to have when playing our game.

While we agree that the ability to be able to contact your friends and clan mates through the in-game chat system is important, it is not at all necessary for the game to function. Players are still able to enter battles and modify their tanks as normal even with the absence of a chat function. Furthermore, alternate applications such as team speak can be used temporarily in the absence of the in-game chat to communicate with your friends and clan mates. Please keep in mind that the chat system is only used for communication and does not prevent a player from entering a battle or using any of their purchased items and/or tanks.

In regards to your concern about the changes made to light tanks such as your T-54 ltwt., please keep in mind that as part of the End User Licence Agreement that was agreed upon by players when creating your account, Wargaming from time to time may need to (a) deploy or provide patches, updates, additional content or other modifications to the Software (for example to enhance online gameplay, to add new features or to resolve software bugs); and (b) remove or suspend access to particular features, content or other parts of the Game. You can find the EULA here.

As for any issues you are experiencing while in battle such as ghost shells, kindly provide us with replays of the battles where you encountered these issues so we can take a look. To check if your client is set up for recording your battles, please select your "Settings" option and then check to see if the mark "enable battle recording" is checked.

If it is not, then you have not been recording any of your battles. To enable it, simply check it. After that, all your battles will be recorded and saved to the "replays" folder within your World of Tanks game directory. After selecting this battle recording option, please restart your game.

If you have been recording battles, then to access a replay, navigate to:

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\replays

Replays are listed in order by Date/Time/Country/Tank/Map

For example:

20160501_1858_usa-Sherman_Jumbo_10_hills

On May 1 2016 at 6:58PM A USA tank Sherman Jumbo was played on Hills.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to visit Frequently Asked Questions. Good luck, have fun & happy tanking!

Best Regards,

Jonathan Daley

Wargaming America Support

You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

Join Wargaming for an Epic Summer at the Let’s Battle Tour!
• August: Massive WWII reenactment at D-Day Ohio
• September: Aboard the USS Lexington in Texas

Pappy1961 
You failed to address the fact that due to contact list malfunction, we have also been UNABLE TO PLATOON WITH FRIENDS... an advertised selling point.... We can not message each other... we can not platoon... WE cannot do some of the items the game is promoted around. I THINK real world money requires meeting the "advertised" product requirements doesn't it? OR is false advertising ok so long as get our money?

Manny Dobbs 

Hi Pappy1961,

Thanks for writing back. Allow me to look into this for you.

We truly apologize about the inconvenience that this issue has caused you.

However, please note that we can only we are unable to provide a reimbursement/compensation of any kind for this issue. Please know that we strive to maintain fair and balanced support for all players across all servers. For this reason, such compensation is only provided server-wide and not for individual concerns.

What I'd advise here is that you stay tuned on our website as we would definitely post there if there will be a compensation for the Contact List issue.

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to check out our Support page by clicking this link.

Have a good day.

Best Regards,

Manny Dobbs

jimisphlat #173 Posted Jul 22 2017 - 19:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1707 battles
I'm not sure how much I can sympathize with you as I do not own the T54 and don't put mounds of money into the game. Nor do I notice WoT getting increasingly worse. In a few area, maybe, but I hardly think so. My contact list had been fairly stable for the past several months. Also, bringing a law suit against Wargaming would be an enormous expense compared to what you spent on WoT. The only ghost shells I have encountered have been firing at a Lago at 400+m in my Pz1C.

Edited by jimisphlat, Jul 22 2017 - 19:59.

Pappy1961 #174 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 19:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12338 battles
  • [MUG-M] MUG-M

View Postjimisphlat, on Jul 22 2017 - 12:57, said:

I'm not sure how much I can sympathize with you as I do not own the T54 and don't put mounds of money into the game. Nor do I notice WoT getting increasingly worse. In a few area, maybe, but I hardly think so. My contact list had been fairly stable for the past several months. Also, bringing a law suit against Wargaming would be an enormous expense compared to what you spent on WoT. The only ghost shells I have encountered have been firing at a Lago at 400+m in my Pz1C.

Mr 1566 BATTLES. You actually do state in your paragraph that YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED GHOST SHELLS.......   DUH!!

jimisphlat #175 Posted Jul 23 2017 - 19:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1707 battles

True. But 7.92 mm Machine ammo does not have enough velocity to reach targets out that far (400+m) and it quickly looses all velocity and pen. So to me that makes sense. I don't know what you're experiencing with the point blank misses. Save the replay and then slow it down and watch to see if you can track your shell.

regards~

jimisphlat

Edited by jimisphlat, Jul 23 2017 - 19:49.

Fulcrous___O_OII #176 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 07:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 42 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M
Parox, I remember him from 2011

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users