password change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

DESERTROGUE #1 Posted Aug 19 2014 - 01:07

Private

• Players
  • 8499 battles
I have a new number and need to reset my password can some one help Im bout to frag myself

_Zesty_ #2 Posted Aug 19 2014 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 25704 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

https://na.wargaming.net/personal/

Edited by _Zesty_, Aug 19 2014 - 01:10.

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Aug 19 2014 - 01:10

Major

• Players
  • 42141 battles

OP go to your profile via game's mainpage (not forum) and change your phone number.  Then you should be able to change your password.  Hopefully it doesn't send you a confirmation text via your old phone number.  That's the only thing I could see that would be an issue.

Edit:  Just checked it's under Account Management once you open your profile.  Only stipulation I see is you can only change your number three times every six months.

Good luck.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Aug 19 2014 - 01:13.

ChopShopSuey #4 Posted Aug 19 2014 - 01:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7879 battles
  • [LCOWS] LCOWS

View Postheavymetal1967, on Aug 18 2014 - 20:10, said:

OP go to your profile via game's mainpage (not forum) and change your phone number.  Then you should be able to change your password.  Hopefully it doesn't send you a confirmation text via your old phone number.  That's the only thing I could see that would be an issue.

Edit:  Just checked it's under Account Management once you open your profile.  Only stipulation I see is you can only change your number three times every six months.

Good luck.

I think this is what his problem is. If you have a new number and have no access to it, you will have to write a ticket, show proof of your account via paypal sceenshots of your first purchase on said account, give them your IP provider and city you lived in when account was created. Been there, done that. It sucks.

DESERTROGUE #5 Posted Aug 19 2014 - 02:11

Private

• Players
  • 8499 battles
damnit i guess i will have to to get my son to do it im not that savvy on this

PDX_Dragon #6 Posted Aug 19 2014 - 03:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15615 battles
  • [_USSR] _USSR

Your phone number? 

Why don't you post your phone number here, in this thread?  I'm sure nobody in this forum would abuse that information. 

Yea, I see WGA asking for my phone number, Microsoft wants my phone number before they'll let me open my hotmail account that I've had for years. 

People are freaked because the NSA was recording what phone number we called, what phone number called us, the time of the call and the duration of the call. 

I pay my phone bill online now, but I ran across some 10 year old cell phone bills when cleaning out a corner of a closet the other day.  The bills included a list of every phone call I made,  The phone number I called, the phone number that called me, the time and the duration of each call. 

Why aren't people freaked out by AT&T having this information?  I think the NSA is less likely to sell it to somebody who might target advertising, or harvest God knows what from it. 

Look at what people are willing to share on Facebook.  I'm a techie, I've been a techie longer than many of you have been alive.  I wouldn't disclose my name, gender, or whether or not I like puppies on Facebook. 

Be concerned about all threats to our privacy.  It's good to be suspicious of government, but if you aren't as concerned by the potential businesses have of threatening your privacy, you'll probably get what you deserve. 

WGA has been asking for our phone numbers for months.  Why would anybody give it to them? 

How would giving WGA our phone numbers make us more secure? 

They have our E-mail addresses,  I don't mind sharing a spam trap E-mail address. 

A phone number isn't the most sensitive piece of information you can hand out, but it's information.  Something that was yours, and your friend's, now it's theirs. 

I'm still able to log in to these forums and play the game without disclosing my phone number. 

Edited by PDX_Dragon, Aug 19 2014 - 03:30.

Reckers #7 Posted Aug 19 2014 - 18:29

Captain

• Players
  • 10299 battles
  • [51KIA] 51KIA

View PostPDX_Dragon, on Aug 18 2014 - 22:00, said:

Your phone number?

Why don't you post your phone number here, in this thread?  I'm sure nobody in this forum would abuse that information.

Yea, I see WGA asking for my phone number, Microsoft wants my phone number before they'll let me open my hotmail account that I've had for years.

People are freaked because the NSA was recording what phone number we called, what phone number called us, the time of the call and the duration of the call.

I pay my phone bill online now, but I ran across some 10 year old cell phone bills when cleaning out a corner of a closet the other day.  The bills included a list of every phone call I made,  The phone number I called, the phone number that called me, the time and the duration of each call.

Why aren't people freaked out by AT&T having this information?  I think the NSA is less likely to sell it to somebody who might target advertising, or harvest God knows what from it.

Look at what people are willing to share on Facebook.  I'm a techie, I've been a techie longer than many of you have been alive.  I wouldn't disclose my name, gender, or whether or not I like puppies on Facebook.

Be concerned about all threats to our privacy.  It's good to be suspicious of government, but if you aren't as concerned by the potential businesses have of threatening your privacy, you'll probably get what you deserve.

WGA has been asking for our phone numbers for months.  Why would anybody give it to them?

How would giving WGA our phone numbers make us more secure?

They have our E-mail addresses,  I don't mind sharing a spam trap E-mail address.

A phone number isn't the most sensitive piece of information you can hand out, but it's information.  Something that was yours, and your friend's, now it's theirs.

I'm still able to log in to these forums and play the game without disclosing my phone number.

I'm not a techie, just a common-sense person who doesn't know everything.  IMHO, the purpose of the phone number is to verify.  As an example, if someone contacts WOT via my email address and says "I want to change my password", WOT should routinely shoot me a text message saying "We received a password-change request, and, to make sure it's not a theft, please verify that it's okay."  From my viewpoint, that is a reasonable request/use for my phone number.  I appeciate your concern that both businesses and government agencies might lack morals and tend to agree with you.  I just can't see the NSA or some gnome from the banking industry finding value in knowing my phone number.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users