Bugs and Glitches

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

SiberianExpress #1 Posted May 17 2011 - 19:11

Wargaming America

• -Players-
  • 7572 battles
Report gameplay bugs and glitches here

Please make sure to describe in as much detail as possible the circumstances of the bug or glitch, as well as (if you consider it important) under which circumstances it does not occur. Posting screenshots, or video attached to your description would be most helpful.

When posting in this thread please make sure there aren't any more specific threads you can post to, such as:
Map Bugs and Glitches
Graphics Issues
Audio and Voice Issues
Launcher issues
Update issues
Registration and Login issues
Connection, Lag and Ping issues
Compatibility issues
Localizations and Translations

jaykay82 #2 Posted May 18 2011 - 03:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 9422 battles
Clan issues.

We had to leave our clan because of a clan leader MIA, and attempted to join another (created fresh today). We all receive the message "The player does nto have sufficient rights to join a clan" when accepting an invite, and the leader gets the same message when attempting to accept our applications.

Any help?

notdeadyet #3 Posted May 18 2011 - 07:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 15119 battles
  • [RXR] RXR
I am dead. But I am not dead yet.  I was killed, but my tank still says I have 33% health and shows me with 52/160 hitpoints, and a damaged left track. Posted Image

jaykay82 #4 Posted May 18 2011 - 07:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 9422 battles

View Postnotdeadyet, on May 18 2011 - 07:26, said:

I am dead. But I am not dead yet.  I was killed, but my tank still says I have 33% health and shows me with 52/160 hitpoints, and a damaged left track. Posted Image

I believe that is a mroe recent update, where you can be dead when all your crew is dead, even though you still have HP. Not positive, but I have seen this happen before, from the other side of the gun :P

SiberianExpress #5 Posted May 18 2011 - 08:02

Wargaming America

• -Players-
  • 7572 battles

View Postjsck82, on May 18 2011 - 07:43, said:

I believe that is a mroe recent update, where you can be dead when all your crew is dead, even though you still have HP. Not positive, but I have seen this happen before, from the other side of the gun :P
yes  :Smile_great:
If all of your crew is knocked out before your tank is destroyed it will be inoperable.

SiberianExpress #6 Posted May 18 2011 - 08:05

Wargaming America

• -Players-
  • 7572 battles

View Postjsck82, on May 18 2011 - 03:29, said:

Clan issues.

We had to leave our clan because of a clan leader MIA, and attempted to join another (created fresh today). We all receive the message "The player does nto have sufficient rights to join a clan" when accepting an invite, and the leader gets the same message when attempting to accept our applications.

Any help?
Not positive about the exact "error" but I know you can't leave and join a clan in the same day, you have to wait 24 hours.

devildog2nd #7 Posted May 18 2011 - 17:48

Private

• Players
  • 6 battles
  • [DB] DB

View PostSiberianExpress, on May 18 2011 - 08:05, said:

Not positive about the exact "error" but I know you can't leave and join a clan in the same day, you have to wait 24 hours.

Alright, I'll wait until tonight to check it out. Thank you much!

RayJones #8 Posted May 21 2011 - 22:08

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles
Since the 0.6.4 patch update nearly every other battle suddenly the server stops showing my flares/pings on minimap when I ctrl+left click on any of the sectors. Same goes for ctrl+right click for opening the bird's eye view when I use an SPG on a particular area of map, the "Special Reticule" key still works though . There is no particular time of battle where this problem specifically occurs. Sometimes it occurs right after the battle loads(during countdown) or in some other times during postmortem mode. However, the problem gets fixed automatically after the battle ends or sometimes after a random duration during the battle itself. There are no indicators to tell when it starts working again during a battle except trial and error (a waste of valuable battle time) so you have to just keep playing ahead assuming it doesn't work.

I have tried manually reproducing  this bug and any recursive factors associated wiith it but have failed to find anything useful except lag. Yes I do have lag issues and my latency hovers from 300-400ms. I asked other players in the battlefield whether they were facing this mini map glitch along with me but they replied in negative even though some of them were suffering from lag like me. Could it be a compatibility issue with the new flash mini map introduced in the recent update as this problem never occurred with me in the older minimap.

Troubleshooting:

1) I didn't spam the ping function so that the server suspended me to use it.
2) Reconnected the mouse. Still cant ping minimap.
3) Restarted the game. No improvement.
3) Restarted the computer. No improvement.
4) Tested the mouse in other games/windows. Mouse OK.
5) Checked Device manager for mouse driver issues. No problems found.
6) Used a different mouse. Problem Persists.
7) Checked DirectX for DirectInput errors. No problems found.
8) Uninstalled the game. Deleted "World_of_Tanks" and "wargaming.net" Folder. Reinstalled the game using a new downloaded v0.6.4 WoT US client. Problem Persists!

I humbly request you to kindly look into this issue :mellow:. Its really annoying when you can't guide your team in critical moments of battle.Thanks.

Update: The above bug is only experienced in the following areas of ANY in-game map and I am not the only one facing this problem. Since pinging/direct Arty zooming still works in rest part of map, it obviously means lag or high ping has nothing to do with this issue.

Click to enlarge.
Posted Image

DarknRahl #9 Posted May 22 2011 - 19:10

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 2251 battles
  • [OCAU] OCAU
Critical hits being registered with no damage. Penetration occurring with no damage registered. This happens a lot, around 1 out of 2 games.

As an example, I fire at the side of a King Tiger's turret and penetrate, get a hit sound effect and a crewmen saying "That one went right through etc" but no damage is registered and the tank is still at 100%. Other times you get a "critical hit" crewman sound effect with no damage registered and this isn't against tracks but against turrets etc.

I just had a game where I penetrated an IS3 _twice_ in a row in the side hull from 100m with my Ferdi, no damage was registered and he was still on 100%. These problems occur with both AP and HE. This has only started occurring since the latest patch.

Invisible tanks coming around corners. Due to the way the spotting system works tanks coming around a corner on a city map don't appear as soon as they come out from a behind a building, instead they suddenly appear in the middle of the street and have already shot you before you get a chance to shoot them even though you knew they were coming. This happens when they are outside the 'atuo-see' radius as sight checks aren't constant.
The same spotting problem occurs with super fast tanks, out of nowhere a tank doing 55km/hr just suddenly appears right in front of you with no time to react. Spotting checks need to occur far more often for these problems to be fixed.

von__Manstein #10 Posted May 22 2011 - 23:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 2943 battles

View PostRayJones, on May 21 2011 - 22:08, said:

Since the 0.6.4 patch update nearly every other battle suddenly the server stops showing my flares/pings on minimap when I ctrl+left click on any of the sectors. Same goes for ctrl+right click for opening the bird's eye view when I use an SPG on a particular area of map, the "Special Reticule" key still works though . There is no particular time of battle where this problem specifically occurs. Sometimes it occurs right after the battle loads(during countdown) or in some other times during postmortem mode. However, the problem gets fixed automatically after the battle ends or sometimes after a random duration during the battle itself. There are no indicators to tell when it starts working again during a battle except trial and error (a waste of valuable battle time) so you have to just keep playing ahead assuming it doesn't work.

I have tried manually reproducing  this bug and any recursive factors associated wiith it but have failed to find anything useful except lag. Yes I do have lag issues and my latency hovers from 300-400ms. I asked other players in the battlefield whether they were facing this mini map glitch along with me but they replied in negative even though some of them were suffering from lag like me. Could it be a compatibility issue with the new flash mini map introduced in the recent update as this problem never occurred with me in the older minimap.

Troubleshooting:

1) I didn't spam the ping function so that the server suspended me to use it.
2) Reconnected the mouse. Still cant ping minimap.
3) Restarted the game. No improvement.
3) Restarted the computer. No improvement.
4) Tested the mouse in other games/windows. Mouse OK.
5) Checked Device manager for mouse driver issues. No problems found.
6) Used a different mouse. Problem Persists.
7) Checked DirectX for DirectInput errors. No problems found.
8) Uninstalled the game. Deleted "World_of_Tanks" and "wargaming.net" Folder. Reinstalled the game using a new downloaded v0.6.4 WoT US client. Problem Persists!

I humbly request you to kindly look into this issue :mellow:. Its really annoying when you can't guide your team in critical moments of battle.Thanks.

I have the same problem.  Have you noticed that the ping and right click failure only occurs on the edge of the minimap?  In particular, the upper edge?  There seems to be a dead zone there since the patch (6.4)

Penty #11 Posted May 23 2011 - 03:48

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 24973 battles
  • [DOND] DOND
Got stuck on a rock in Komarin located on the north side of the middle island. Attached File   shot_017.JPG   77.29K

Moving this to the appropriate thread.

RayJones #12 Posted May 23 2011 - 09:21

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles

View PostVon_Eichstedt, on May 22 2011 - 23:01, said:

I have the same problem.  Have you noticed that the ping and right click failure only occurs on the edge of the minimap?  In particular, the upper edge?  There seems to be a dead zone there since the patch (6.4)

Hows your latency? and are you having lag issues? Just want to make sure that this bug isn't due to server lag.

RayJones #13 Posted May 23 2011 - 19:54

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles

View PostVon_Eichstedt, on May 22 2011 - 23:01, said:

Thx for the info :Smile_honoring:. I ran some tests and confirmed the exact sectors of map where this bug occurs. Updated my previous post.

__RNG #14 Posted May 23 2011 - 20:19

First lieutenant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 43340 battles

View PostDarknRahl, on May 22 2011 - 19:10, said:

Critical hits being registered with no damage. Penetration occurring with no damage registered. This happens a lot, around 1 out of 2 games.

I think this can be caused for two reasons:

1) Skirt armour. For some reason when you penetrate the skirt and bounce the hull it registers as a penetration.
2) New track mechanics. In other words you shot a tank's treads in the center, below the hull. You got a critical hit because you damaged the track - you didn't destroy it.

Also:

Sometimes when you are killed by a fire your tank doesn't change into it's death model. The tank looks like it's fully operational but on fire, even though it's dead. This has happened to me a few times now.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8477/worldoftanks20110523152.jpg

von__Manstein #15 Posted May 24 2011 - 23:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 2943 battles

View PostRayJones, on May 23 2011 - 09:21, said:

Hows your latency? and are you having lag issues? Just want to make sure that this bug isn't due to server lag.

This is definitely not a lag issue.  The ping or SPG aiming never happens.  Is this a thread for the developers to fix these problems, or for us to just let off hot air?

TheDeathWish #16 Posted May 25 2011 - 19:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19399 battles
  • [URMOM] URMOM
i would like to report that alot of shots are not registering here lately even at close up im using a T34 with a 120mm and i can shoot 3 times and nothing but nerfed shots. anyone else having issues

_Doom_Buggy_ #17 Posted May 26 2011 - 03:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 4351 battles
I'm really hoping the devs are checking these forums. I'm having an odd issue in-game that makes the game totally unplayable.

After the last patch I began to have intermittent issues in-game where my keyboard input would bug and stop working. Specifically, I lost all motion control and trying to type in chat would show up as numbers. The odd thing is that the numbers would increment no matter what key I would hit. So if I typed into chat 'Hello' I would see 12345. If I typed in WWWWWW I would see 123456.  To correct the issue I would have to exit the game and restart.

This morning the problem became much worse and slightly different.  I cannot control any tank at all in-game and the odd text to number issue is happening in the client even if I'm not in battle. I can type in chat both in-game and out with no problems.  If I join a battle my tank will drive straight forward until it hits something. My mouse works fine and some of the keys work as normal (shift, enter, esc, ctrl, alt, function keys)

If I'm out of a battle I can chat with no issues. If I select Menu - Settings and try to change the key mappings the issue shows up here as well.

I have no problems with any other programs or games on my computer.  I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with 4gigs of memory. Running all latest drivers and system has all updates applied.

One last item - since the reinstall of the client I'm noticing that I don't see the tanks after the game countdown timer stops - I see shadows but no tanks.  I tried to change my graphic settings but I'm getting an error when I try to set textures to High that this requires 64 bit.

I love this game and have dropped a small amount of cash into it at this point but I need some help to get this fixed.

NOVA5 #18 Posted May 26 2011 - 06:46

Private

• Players
  • 51399 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Yes there are a few bugs an glitchs,eg: In map Lake view on a sorta flat ground one of my enemys is criping up on me,he's just on the other side of a rock,what I don't is his partner right in front of me until he rams me, then shoots me,of course I died,then I see him,an its to late
For the partner to get that close in real life I couldn't miss him,it must have been a dream for him,I don't shoot,becuase I can't see him,he can see me.

When I'm doing arty,the enemy just disapears an people are fighting with him,all of a sudden he moves from one spot two tank lengths away from where he was
so in other words,the enemy is blinking in an out of view.I would say there is a glitch in the system...

NOVA5

__RNG #19 Posted May 26 2011 - 14:14

First lieutenant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 43340 battles

View PostBigCheese256, on May 23 2011 - 20:19, said:

Sometimes when you are killed by a fire your tank doesn't change into it's death model. The tank looks like it's fully operational but on fire, even though it's dead. This has happened to me a few times now.

Happened again - only this time in my IS-7.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/952/worldoftanks20110526140.jpg

The sky vanished? O.o

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/7073/worldoftanks20110526112.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7073/worldoftanks20110526112.jpg

T30's gun clips with the rear hull.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3952/worldoftanks20110526132.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3952/worldoftanks20110526132.jpg

RayJones #20 Posted May 26 2011 - 14:28

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles

View PostBigCheese256, on May 26 2011 - 14:14, said: