File Check within the WoT Launcher

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

XiCynx #1 Posted May 17 2011 - 20:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 9808 battles
  • [USAG] USAG
I have been playing this game for quite some time now, I was going through and replacing a sniper reticle and tank icons but I forgot to make a back-up(my fault I know). So I went ahead and deleted them out of there anyways thinking that when I opened the launcher that it would automatically look for the files that were missing or there might have been an option to "Check Files" but there is not. Does anyone know how I can go about getting certain parts of the game files to reinsert into the game folders or do I have to re-download all 2.2GB just to get this problem fixed? So now when I go to launch the game it opens.. then closes right away, the launcher still works fine though.

Maybe it's possible to change a file to make the launcher think I have an older version and re-download the patch files again?

Filbee786 #2 Posted May 18 2011 - 15:41

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostXxSpawn, on May 17 2011 - 20:20, said:

I have been playing this game for quite some time now, I was going through and replacing a sniper reticle and tank icons but I forgot to make a back-up(my fault I know). So I went ahead and deleted them out of there anyways thinking that when I opened the launcher that it would automatically look for the files that were missing or there might have been an option to "Check Files" but there is not. Does anyone know how I can go about getting certain parts of the game files to reinsert into the game folders or do I have to re-download all 2.2GB just to get this problem fixed? So now when I go to launch the game it opens.. then closes right away, the launcher still works fine though.

Maybe it's possible to change a file to make the launcher think I have an older version and re-download the patch files again?

I had a similar problem ,, tho ended up De-Installing ,complete game ,,and Re-installing  ....   Hope you find a better way though !!  :Smile_harp::Smile-hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users