Which Tank should I purchase?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Magusigne #1 Posted May 17 2011 - 23:36

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 9583 battles
Debating on adding another slot to my garage.

Thus far I'm doing this

Russian Medium: Currently at T-34
Russian TD: SU-85 and loving my 107mm
German SPG: Grille
USA Heavy: M6 when will it end.

Right now I'm debating on adding either a Russian Heavy or a German heavy to my grind.

Thoughts? I played a German Tiger I in beta and thought it was pretty painful.

Sturmtiger_304 #2 Posted May 17 2011 - 23:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
If anything, go for the Russian heavy tree & have fun. Nothing is like blowing low tanks up at tier 5.

a1fox3 #3 Posted May 17 2011 - 23:48

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 32548 battles
  • [CXT] CXT
Yes go for the Russian heavy and keep the KV with upgrade turret in your garage and you will get a free tank and a free slot for it.

Also get the KV-3 and keep it in your garage and you will also get a free tank and free slot.

If you think you can get to the Top T10 US heavy then you will also get a free tank and free slot for it to.

Read this for all the free tanks and free slots you can get.
http://game.worldoft...ed-and-improved

:Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena:

Gaglug #4 Posted May 19 2011 - 19:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4132 battles
If you already have Russian mediums and TD, go Russian heavies.  They share some equipment between them and you can train crew across/between them as well.

In beta I played German and Russian heavies up to T8, and now I'm pushing all three heavy lines.   I preferred the Russian heavies then, but I have to say I'm enjoying the German line much more now than I did then.   It all comes down to personal preference and playstyle...if you didn't like playing a Tiger in beta, you won't like it in release either.  :)

andyraptor #5 Posted May 19 2011 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 40056 battles
Looking at your present garage I would be asking myself if my play style is "medium type"?

You said you did not enjoy the Tiger in beta so are you a "heavy type" player in reality?

If not .. I would look to developing a German medium line or even the German TD :)

EDIT

If you check my NA Server profile you'll see that I have played neither of these lines and I'm basing my advice on what I think is your dominant play style :)

DemonicSpoon #6 Posted May 19 2011 - 20:26

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3204 battles
Why did you consider the Tiger painful? If it was all the module damage, that's been fixed.

Anyway, the two heavy tiers have different playstyles. The Russian heavies are more in-your-face with slower-reloading, higher-damage, low-accuracy guns, good speed (starting at the IS; KV and KV-3 are bricks), and good armor. They are very vulnerable to SPGs, however, tanks to fewer hitpoints, less top armor (I suspect), and reliance on slope for protection.

German heavies have smaller, faster-firing guns. The 88mm L/71 on the Tiger does little damage per shot for its tier, but fires quickly and is VERY accurate. In addition, it has the best penetration of any tier 7 heavy (203mm compared to the 175 of the IS equivalent). German heavies tend to sit back and support a bit more.

Klaxius #7 Posted May 19 2011 - 22:24

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2702 battles
  • [XTRME] XTRME
All depends on your personal style of play.

Getting up close, personal, and dirty: Russian Heavies
Long range accuracy: German Heavy, Med, or TD
HUGE DPS: US Heavy
Good firepower + mobility: US Meds
I will beat you to any spot on the map + Imma smack you at point blank range: Russian Med

Krakti #8 Posted May 21 2011 - 19:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 2069 battles
and if you are used to playing FPS games, just consider this:

Russians=Shotgun
Germans=Sniper
US=Assault Rifle

Thats my consensus on the break downs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users