Clanspotlight HARM

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Nemesis79 #21 Posted Aug 26 2014 - 13:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27388 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Congratulations to Zemke and everyone in the HARM family on the spotlight. These guys have been great to work with, and you'd be hard pressed to find a more honest, upstanding, tenacious clan in WoT.

The_KoolaidMan #22 Posted Aug 26 2014 - 20:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 27657 battles

Go HARM!  I look forward to the absolute tank company, if I'm not in it I'll be sure to watch the twitch recording and see how we did.

Edit: Just been informed that I am going to be apart of the tank company :)

Glad to hear it! :)

~HBFT

Very excited!

~Fireboy

Edited by FireAtWillMaBoi, Aug 26 2014 - 21:29.

GhostOps21 #23 Posted Aug 26 2014 - 21:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8959 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1
Congrats HARM, it was cool to see HARM and 2HARM still has many of the old TOTH guys. It was a great time romping around in Africa with you Zemke, ZAAHN, CAMN, and Zhukov. Although it was now a few years ago, I still have not forgotten my time in TOTH. I wish you guys the best of luck in your future endeavors. 

TankSchu #24 Posted Aug 26 2014 - 22:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 24498 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View Postmac1232, on Aug 26 2014 - 03:33, said:

Congrats on the Spotlight HARM. I wouldn't exactly agree with your wording of how we were involved,we did map you and stopped another 2 attempts before you got back on and re-established yourselves for the fight. After over 3 weeks, we just got bored and moved on, same reason we just pulled of 8 pieces to go find us some fights(3 teams a night, they need to be fed). That and the huge frigging war to the south we were trying to skirt. In the end, we enjoyed the fights, got to work on some maps we are atrocious on and made some gold. GL to you and yours.

Wait, you got bored with fighting us and were worried about the war from the south interfering, so you pulled off the map the same night we downsized you to 1 piece of land left so that you could find more fights? Well, that makes perfect sense. How about, why did you even stay on the map after you mapped us for another week while we re-landed and re-engaged you if you were bored? Hmm. But perhaps you forgot about some other detail that you forgot to mention, too.The WHOLE reason why we got mapped so fast in the first place. You know, about the person and the thing at the place doing the stuff? Yeah, we know about it. *shakes head in shame for you*. It's ok though. It's in the past, We know better to not let the stuff happen again. GL and GF. May your tank drive straight and your client not lag spike as you run into an open field with a FV215b (183) aimed at your engine bay firing a HESH round.

mac1232 #25 Posted Aug 26 2014 - 22:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles

Yay!

Edited by mac1232, Aug 27 2014 - 04:58.

mac1232 #26 Posted Aug 26 2014 - 22:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles
Oh, but either way, still, congrats on your Spotlight, enjoy it.

TankSchu #27 Posted Aug 26 2014 - 22:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 24498 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
I totally believe that. But since we're expanding upon it, that member offered us your strats and we refused. Funny how as soon as we that member left and we locked down our TS and started using fresh blank maptactics with the link only given to certain people, that's exactly when the fights became balanced to in our favor. What's even more intriguing is how my comment was absolutely completely vague, but you just blurted out a nice confession but made us out to be the bad guys.  Wish I was that creative.

mac1232 #28 Posted Aug 26 2014 - 23:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles

TC tomorrow. 

Edited by mac1232, Aug 27 2014 - 04:59.

TankSchu #29 Posted Aug 26 2014 - 23:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 24498 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View Postmac1232, on Aug 26 2014 - 22:28, said:

You got mapped in the first place cause we are better then you and that's how that went down. If the extra detail is one of our players getting kicked when I was on vacation, joined you guys day 1 of the fights(cause he was angry about being kicked), I get back, bring the guy back cause I was pissed he was booted without my knowledge, then to come to find out, from your own words(oh but you didn't look, so honest), and his own, he was relaying our maptactics since our TS wasn't as secure as we thought. (Links posted in description, but weren't locked to anyone coming in without tags. Our own fault.) We got knocked down to 1 piece? We gave three total pieces of land to evil gaming, gave 2 others too ROTA. So going from landslide wins against you, to 50/50's which we then find out our tactics were being leaked  is very questionable. At the end of all this, while having EGing and others asking for our support in the war which we didn't want no part of, the issues with the LEAK, we chopped it up as a lesson, fixed our TS, removed the player and jetted. I never felt the need too voice what happened, cause we took it as a lesson, but seems your words sparked some fire within me. Funny thing is, we're off the map and bored now, we were looking for something to do :-) .

View Postmac1232, on Aug 26 2014 - 23:20, said:

Just wow....confession? The person in question TOLD us you used the strats. When we brought him over and you "confessed" that he offered but you "declined", we booted him immediately. If he was cheating for us, which we don't need to cheat again'st you guys, which is the funniest part about it, why would we remove him and make sure each of the clans he is in now know's exactly what he did for you guys again'st us. Funny you say you gave your tactics out to only the people playing the match, we did the same once we figured something was going on, and that's when our 15-1, 15-3,15-4 wins for us came out of it. Just amazes me how you've tried to turn that on us, when we bite our tongue cause we aren't a naming and shaming kind of clan but your full of crap. I'm not saying you guys didn't give us good fights, Westfield being our Achilles heel and Prok we had some crap losses. That's why we were there to fight and better ourselves on them. I just wonder how many win's you earned without the help of this guy and his relaying. Done with this garbage show of yoursTankSchu.

Ok, first off. We never even considered using stolen strats. Why? What does that prove? That we have better intel? Pfft, rather beat someone with better tanking. Which begs the question... if DICE is such a better clan than HARM (which on paper you're 2.5x the clan as us), then why even bother attacking us in the first place? Seems like you just wanted to bully us.

Secondly, when your clan member left your clan, then joined us, that was the first day you attacked us. You said it yourself. Then you won against us with landslide victories (which indicates that our plans each night were being relayed to someone in your clan, allegedly). Then we got mapped. Then your old clan member left us and went back to you. Which you also said and agree with. At which point we re-took land and battles were a fair fight. At which point, we started making progress against you. Which you also agree with. But now you're twisting the story to make it seem that we turned this player into a spy for us, yet he never came back to our clan. Ever. So please, who's doing the smearing now?. Whatever, you want to keep making HARM out to be the good for nothing dirty clan, then that's your prerogative. Funny how both your posts contradict each other just a little bit. If you're going to tell the story, tell it right at least. First sign of a lie is inconsistency from post to post.

Edited by TankSchu, Aug 27 2014 - 00:01.

The_KoolaidMan #30 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 00:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 27657 battles
Settle down you two, save this for the absolute companies. ;)

mac1232 #31 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 00:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles

Went to write out another story but to hell with it. The guy got booted cause of his stats then joined you guys when we attacked you, offering strats cause he was pissed about the boot. When I returned, I saw him in a battle against us and asked why he was kicked by my DC's. I let him back, which ended up burning me in the end cause of what he did and removed him again, making sure to warn those he joined then and now. My OP was all about just saying, you guys didn't map us, we got bored and left. Giving up land to EG and ROTA as we were pulling out. We don't sit in one spot for awhile, even if making gold. We stayed for over 20 days there. We had good fights, and hard lessons on maps. You guys played well and even surprised us. You didn't map us once, or twice like you said. You guys weren't the only ones we were fighting either, cause we sho like to fight. We didn't need or try to steal your strats, cause like you said, why would we need to? The guy in question who said you guys took the strats, let just say he was full of crapand move on, cause I have a very clear conscious on this. In all honesty, you guys are a good clan, better then shown on "paper", but trying to say we cheated? When this guy told us he helped cheat for you guys, really pissed me off. This is your clan spotlight, why I don't apologize for my OP, cause nothing wrong there, the rest, I'm sure no one else cares about and instead of trying to bash each other, enjoy your spotlight.

HBFT #32 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 00:37

Player

• -Players-
  • 5280 battles

While I can understand the need to settle a disagreement, this is not the place to do so.  If you would like to continue this discussion, I am more than happy to talk to you through PMs.  Let's celebrate / discuss HARM's time in the Clan Spotlight and have fun with this. :)

Thank you very much for your understanding!

mac1232 #33 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 00:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles

Hey, no issue here anymore, apologies.

No offense taken.  I appreciate your involvement and I thank you for stopping by to wish HARM grats on their Spotlight. :)

~HBFT

TankSchu #34 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 00:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 24498 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

I never said you cheated nor did I say we mapped you. Never got the chance to. :/ But whatever. I just don't like lies being told about us. I get very defensive about the reputation of HARM. Thus, I kept trying to make sure you got your story right, so when the guy in question hops to his next clan, you stop telling everyone that HARM is a dirty clan.

You obviously have pride in HARM, and that only speaks wonders about the quality of its players and the way that HARM takes care of its own.  I think the fact that HARM is on the Clan Spotlight already says a lot about what we think of them and I am happy that you have such passion for something that means a lot to a great many of us.  Thank you for your passion.  Never lose it.

~HBFT

The_KoolaidMan #35 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 01:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 27657 battles

I would've rather seen this settled with an absolute battle, much more manly.  Epic battles ahead.

haha well, there is a tank company coming up tomorrow evening at 4PM PDT in Tier X.  Hopefully some groups will show up and we can all have a good time! :D

~HBFT

Zemke #36 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 02:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 36661 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

As Commander of HARM, I would like to thank everyone at WoT for this opportunity, and thank everyone for the warm reception to this interview.  Also, I want to thank all the clans we have worked with in the past, and special thanks to Clans who have helped HARM and their leaders who have been free with very useful advice.

HARM members please refrain from posting.

Thanks,

Zemke

Sask_Outrider #37 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 02:33

Major

• Players
  • 27897 battles

View PostHBFT, on Aug 26 2014 - 17:37, said:

While I can understand the need to settle a disagreement, this is not the place to do so.  If you would like to continue this discussion, I am more than happy to talk to you through PMs.  Let's celebrate / discuss HARM's time in the Clan Spotlight and have fun with this. :)

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Unfortunately HBFT by mentioning DICE in the article and not asking the DICE side of the story you created this "disagreement".  Mentioning any clan in a "clan spotlight" other than the clan in question will create issues.  It's great for HARM to be spotlighted.  It is not great to mention other clans in the spotlight and not allow them a rebuttal.

Pirate_with_rum #38 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 03:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 12317 battles

View PostSask_Outrider, on Aug 26 2014 - 20:33, said:

Unfortunately HBFT by mentioning DICE in the article and not asking the DICE side of the story you created this "disagreement".  Mentioning any clan in a "clan spotlight" other than the clan in question will create issues.  It's great for HARM to be spotlighted.  It is not great to mention other clans in the spotlight and not allow them a rebuttal.

I agree with this. Without letting DICE respond, we only hear one side of the story, and it could very well be the wrong side (Not taking sides here, just stating facts). Private messaging does not change the public's opinion towards a clan, so these disputes almost have to be dealt with publicly. Without letting a clan respond to a message like HARM included, they are in essence sabotaging DICE's public image.

I urge caution when publishing these HBFT, as this is a clan spotlight, not CR/D. Insults should be left out of these. 

I can definitely see both of your points and I can see now that I was a bit unclear.  I do not have a problem with discussing what is presented in the article.  If someone would like to present their point of view, then that is perfectly fine.  That having been said, I would like to keep things relatively constructive.

~HBFT

mac1232 #39 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 05:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles
Not much of a poster, but enjoy reading what's current on here. I appreciate bringing the spotlight back, always interesting to look in the minds of other clans and hear their idea's and such. Hope it sticks around.

Edited by mac1232, Aug 27 2014 - 05:06.

Pirate_with_rum #40 Posted Aug 27 2014 - 05:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 12317 battles
I hope we get interviewed someday! *high hopes* but there are plenty of other clan that deserve it more than us...

Also tagged with Clanspotlight, HARM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users