Jump to content


Transfering crews


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Slacker #1 Posted May 18 2011 - 02:31

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2671 battles
  • 576
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011
I'm no noob but ive never transfered crews before. I would like to know what kind of a skill % drop should I expect from a 100% light tank crew with 40%ish repair skill to another light tank.

HELLSGUARDS #2 Posted May 18 2011 - 02:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 2063 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    04-27-2011
100 to 90

KoopaKrab #3 Posted May 18 2011 - 02:43

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10427 battles
  • 258
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-18-2011

View PostSlacker, on May 18 2011 - 02:31, said:

I'm no noob but ive never transfered crews before. I would like to know what kind of a skill % drop should I expect from a 100% light tank crew with 40%ish repair skill to another light tank.

Secondary skills do not get diminished (i.e. your repair will stay at 40% for the new tank).  Your crew will take a 10% penalty when retrained for the same class tank (light to light), or a 20% penalty when retrained for a different class (light to medium).  
-This 10% drop in skill is for when you pay 20,000 credits per crew member, if you want to retrain them for free, then they take a 20% hit to skill.
-Also, your secondary skill, reapair, won't go up again until your crew is at 100% skill.

KoopaK

Slacker #4 Posted May 18 2011 - 03:38

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2671 battles
  • 576
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011
:angry:

Damn that sucks not transfering then my PZ38H crew shall serve in the mini maus until they die of old age!

MrPerfect #5 Posted May 18 2011 - 08:38

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 6837 battles
  • 165
  • [KK] KK
  • Member since:
    01-08-2011

View PostKoopaKrab, on May 18 2011 - 02:43, said:

-Also, your secondary skill, reapair, won't go up again until your crew is at 100% skill.

Any idea if they still use the skill? Someone had posted here that until the crew hits 100% again, you do not get to use the secondary skills you've already earned. So for example, that 100% crew with 40% repair would drop to 80% and effectively have 0% repair. That doesn't sound right to me though.  :blink:

Rickenbacker #6 Posted May 18 2011 - 12:38

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 131
  • Member since:
    08-17-2010
They still use it, but it won't go up again until you reach 100% in your primary.

stickjock #7 Posted May 18 2011 - 13:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 5345 battles
  • 5,134
  • [USBOT] USBOT
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011
Babying my PzKpfw IV crew lately... working my way to the 3601 but figure sincne my Pz IV crew is sitting at 92% (without bonuses) I might as well keep them running till they hit 100%.  Only research left for my IV is for the 3001 and the Hummell so it'll be a while until the Pz IV hits Elite status anyhow.. so, get that 100% and work some secondary skills in the meantime... then switch them over to the 3601 when I get it...

avandelay #8 Posted May 18 2011 - 19:48

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20879 battles
  • 183
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostKoopaKrab, on May 18 2011 - 02:43, said:

Secondary skills do not get diminished (i.e. your repair will stay at 40% for the new tank).  Your crew will take a 10% penalty when retrained for the same class tank (light to light), or a 20% penalty when retrained for a different class (light to medium).  
-This 10% drop in skill is for when you pay 20,000 credits per crew member, if you want to retrain them for free, then they take a 20% hit to skill.
-Also, your secondary skill, reapair, won't go up again until your crew is at 100% skill.

KoopaK


What happens to your crew if you return them to an earlier tank. ie keep a light tank crew around once you get into heavier tanks.

MrPerfect #9 Posted May 19 2011 - 06:22

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 6837 battles
  • 165
  • [KK] KK
  • Member since:
    01-08-2011
I think it's the same deal if you downgrade to a prior tank. They loose the 10-20% they always loose when transferring tanks. Which seems kind of funky to me, if they learned how to use a tank it shouldn't be something they just forget. Every once in a while it's fun to play in a lower tier, so being able to just put a crew bank into their old tank without penalty would be great fun.

View PostRickenbacker, on May 18 2011 - 12:38, said:

They still use it, but it won't go up again until you reach 100% in your primary.
OK, thanks. That's how I thought it would work.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users