Tier 8 Premium Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

R0gashX #1 Posted May 19 2011 - 00:48

Private

• Players
  • 4004 battles
Does anybody here find the new Tier 8 Premium tanks way over powered? I had a match here an Object 704 got killed by a Lowe when they were toe to toe. I in my opinion do in fact think that these new tanks are very much over powered and should get armor Nerf and gun Nerf.

Anybody agree or Disagree and what is your reasoning?

FlatCat #2 Posted May 19 2011 - 01:00

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11878 battles

View PostR0gashX, on May 19 2011 - 00:48, said:

Does anybody here find the new Tier 8 Premium tanks way over powered? I had a match here an Object 704 got killed by a Lowe when they were toe to toe. I in my opinion do in fact think that these new tanks are very much over powered and should get armor Nerf and gun Nerf.

What was that great insult in the old days of forums yes here it is:

[Your on my ignore list ]

1st time poster yep

Bundypanzer #3 Posted May 19 2011 - 01:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15269 battles
I don't agree as this game is a money making venture and the money is made by people buying gold to get an advantage over those that do not.

I have seen a lot of destroyed Lowe's out there too.

DemonicSpoon #4 Posted May 19 2011 - 01:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3086 battles
A KT or IS-3 would have beaten you worse.

TDs aren't for stand-up slugfests.

Green_Ghost #5 Posted May 19 2011 - 02:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38556 battles
  • [RAYGE] RAYGE
They are nice tanks, not OP I have died a lot on mine and I have did well. (using Lowe) it is slow and matched up vs higher tiers you have to really use some strat. The main concern is the folks are whining because someone bought a T8 and may not know how to effectively utilize it yet.

Bundypanzer #6 Posted May 19 2011 - 07:37

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15269 battles
Okay so whats the deal here I didn't bag anyone or mark them down and yet some one still marks me down.

Whats the rational behind this system ?

Edit. I see that the negative has been removed so thanks to who ever clicked the plus one to returned our posts back to neutral.

Only guessing here but I suspect the original poster voted us all down as some form of misplaced retaliation.

Lougle #7 Posted May 19 2011 - 09:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13052 battles

View PostBundypanzer, on May 19 2011 - 07:37, said:

Okay so whats the deal here I didn't bag anyone or mark them down and yet some one still marks me down.

They voted your post down because they do not agree with it.

Both the KV-5 and the Lowe seem to be decent gold tanks.  They are pretty fair for their tier.  You implied that they are too strong, and even suggested they get reworked to be weaker tanks.  (edit: this was directed to the OP... Bundy your post has no negative votes that I see)

I am guessing this is an opinion they did not agree with.

The tanks are fine.  They are new and we don't know all the weak spots and such yet.  Over time they will seem less and less a threat.  Just another T8 Heavy.

Gaglug #8 Posted May 19 2011 - 18:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4132 battles
I have a Lowe, and I have to say that the T8 premium tanks are not as good/powerful as the standard tanks that are fully upgraded.

The Lowe has a good gun, terrible mobility, and paper armor.
The KV5 has good front armor but an underpowered gun.

The only benefit that the T8 premiums give is plentiful xp for conversion (requiring more gold spend btw) and very good cash earning potential.   This is the exact reason I purchased my premium...xp conversion and ingame cash.

If you buy a Lowe or Kv5 expecting to dominate matches, you're going to be seriously disappointed.    Anyone who thinks either tank is OP is so far off base as to not even exist in our reality.

leon911 #9 Posted May 19 2011 - 19:10

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9 battles

View PostBundypanzer, on May 19 2011 - 07:37, said:

Edit. I see that the negative has been removed so thanks to who ever clicked the plus one to returned our posts back to neutral.

Only guessing here but I suspect the original poster voted us all down as some form of misplaced retaliation.
Some people will neg you if you say any thing good about the game. Others some how think that if you buy Gold you pay to win so they hate you for that.

The pay to win thing is such a big lie. If that were true anybody that has a prem account would have at lest a 70% win ratio I don't see a whole lot of them. So that throws that lie right out the window

I guess the worst thing is that some people just don't want anything to work out for others.

w4golf #10 Posted May 19 2011 - 21:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7887 battles
I saw an easy 8 beat up on both a Lowe and an KV-5 (4? 3? something like that) while the two had artillery support..... it was an adventure in fail for the big tank drivers.  The easy 8 driver did a good job, but should have been dead to rights a couple of times.... I attribute this to driver error.  The KV guy had a clue, the Lowe driver was miserable and couldn't begin to overcome some of the lumbering attributes of his vehicle.

Match ended in a draw after about 4-5 minutes of nonsense one easy 8 ready to go, Lowe reduced to 9 percent, KV didn't really take any hits, easy 8 took some arty damage and maybe an attack of the giggles.

KilljoyCutter #11 Posted May 20 2011 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles
That guy who took crew or module damage in his Lowe five shots in a row from my Priest is probably glad he spent gold on it right now...  premium tanks are not gods of battle, bestride the field with spear and shield in hand.

a_hippie #12 Posted May 20 2011 - 22:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 33212 battles

View PostR0gashX, on May 19 2011 - 00:48, said:

It's about time something German can kill a object 704. BTW, my Tiger has killed several Lowes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users