Sitting duck Five9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Five9 #1 Posted Sep 07 2014 - 06:25

Private

• Players
  • 316 battles
I just dont get how ppl have such good spotting. Im in a tier II-III in my PanzerjagrII and i get sniped across that field on the map with the giant empty field in the middle. I cant spot anyone on the olther side....are these guys like veterans playing on a low tier tank or is theresomething i missed for my own tanks?

Scorpiany #2 Posted Sep 07 2014 - 06:34

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 44141 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

It's all about View Range and camo. Firstly, if a tank spots you, everyone immediately can see you on the mini-map and on the field, regardless of distance. While the Panzer has nice camo and View Range, it's not always enough to keep it hidden. Hide behind bushes, and try not to get spotted. The further away you are from the enemy, or the more foliage between you and the enemy's line of sight, the less likely you are to be spotted.

Camouflage skills, 6th sense, and Camo Net all can help you stay hidden / know when you're spotted.

I recommend checking out my guide (whilst not 100% complete) to spotting mechanics. It should help you a bit. http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/56-a-guide-to-spotting-mechanics/

Edited by Scorpiany, Sep 07 2014 - 06:36.

Daishi2442 #3 Posted Sep 07 2014 - 07:00

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18367 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Sep 06 2014 - 22:34, said:

It's all about View Range and camo. Firstly, if a tank spots you, everyone immediately can see you on the mini-map and on the field, regardless of distance. While the Panzer has nice camo and View Range, it's not always enough to keep it hidden. Hide behind bushes, and try not to get spotted. The further away you are from the enemy, or the more foliage between you and the enemy's line of sight, the less likely you are to be spotted.

Camouflage skills, 6th sense, and Camo Net all can help you stay hidden / know when you're spotted.

I recommend checking out my guide (whilst not 100% complete) to spotting mechanics. It should help you a bit. http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/56-a-guide-to-spotting-mechanics/

This is mostly true, with some exceptions.  Render distance, the range at which you can visibly see the enemy vehicles, is 500 meters in cardinal directions, and 707 in sub-cardinal directions. When you get spotted, you appear on everyone's minimap who is within radio range of the spotting vehicle.  If an enemy vehicle is within that render distance but not spotted, they can engage you without you being able to see them.  The Pz Jgr I is a great TD with excellent camo and a dangerous cannon, however it has extremely poor view range, and thus needs to rely on stealth and friendly spotters to do its job well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users