LAG

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

ELSdeadmeat #1 Posted May 19 2011 - 01:48

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Do I have to say more... hope we get another compensation day because the LAG has made the game unplayable for me.

Starfire #2 Posted May 19 2011 - 01:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5321 battles
  • [_BB] _BB

View PostELSdeadmeat, on May 19 2011 - 01:48, said:

Do I have to say more... hope we get another compensation day because the LAG has made the game unplayable for me.

I don't know about unplayable but it is HORRIBLE and a LOT of players are having issues.  Frankly, go back to the last patch until you fix this.

wargamer2009 #3 Posted May 19 2011 - 02:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 24397 battles
  • [END-U] END-U
they do not care

Turlagh #4 Posted May 19 2011 - 02:31

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3197 battles

View Postwargamer2009, on May 19 2011 - 02:26, said:

they do not care

The fact that no one has officially addressed this leads me to agree...they don't care.

MDK187 #5 Posted May 19 2011 - 02:36

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 10773 battles
I am giving them a couple days to get this fixed or they will see another dime from me .....

kaomera #6 Posted May 19 2011 - 04:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9687 battles
It's probably a combination of everyone downloading the patch at once and a lot of people on at once. It should hopefully sort itself out soon. But it is pretty much unplayable right now. I've damaged team members twice today due to lag, and with the new auto-perma-ban-no-recourse I'm kind of scared to play further. Now, admittedly I'm not the best player and I probably could have avoided both instances by taking into account where my allies where and where they where likely headed, but if they only want the top % of players to be able to play that's less money coming in, so I have to assume that the devs are looking into this - just might not be an instant fix. Until then I'm sticking to only playing the tanks I'm most familiar with, and no Arty, no sniper mode, and no autocannons...

new_users #7 Posted May 21 2011 - 00:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 61 battles
Well since no admin is answering us in any way, I'd like to say THANK YOU for screwing up the game @ssholes by putting the patch on the servers we play with. How retarded/cheap are you idiots. Take your game and shove it.

To rest of you boys... Hope you guys have fun cause I'm not taking this crap no more.

Tacti_Kilt #8 Posted May 21 2011 - 01:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 7811 battles
I so regret going premium. I felt that I have been totally screwed. I am some what new and really enjoyed the game at first, but since the patch, this blows. These guys are the Bernie Madoff's of the gaming world...as in made off with our money.

Kritdonkulus #9 Posted May 21 2011 - 01:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31821 battles
  • [DICE] DICE
Frankly all your complaning does little to solve the issue, if the dev's forseen this they would have put in measures to fix it.
It's very difficult to get the true scope of what a patch will due to a game unless the server your testing it on has the same
load.

Granted you can run extensive AI testing to stress a server, but if they only have one; well that means you can't play while
they're testing. Also while I do not know much about this company, perhaps they could not afford to license the software. I'm
sure they're doing the best they can; after all they want your money so just calm down and let them do their job.

Daemus #10 Posted May 21 2011 - 02:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 1434 battles

View Postnew_users, on May 21 2011 - 00:28, said:

Well since no admin is answering us in any way, I'd like to say THANK YOU for screwing up the game @ssholes by putting the patch on the servers we play with. How retarded/cheap are you idiots. Take your game and shove it.

To rest of you boys... Hope you guys have fun cause I'm not taking this crap no more.
Where did you see that the reason for the lag is because they put the patch on the servers that host the game? If that is the case, then I agree that is terrible on their part, but I highly doubt that is the case. The more likely scenario is that they did not have the infrastructure setup to handle such a big jump in players. They went from seeing around 7k users online during peak times, pre-patch, to seeing over 12k users online during peak times, post-patch. Getting new servers isn't something most companies can do overnight, so I would expect that we just need to have a little patience until they get more servers in. I do think that premium accounts need to be reimbursed their time while the lag continues though and think it is inexcusable for them to not do so.

25Spartanspearman25 #11 Posted May 21 2011 - 02:04

Captain

• Players
  • 5446 battles
  • [STRKE] STRKE
wow, I'm suprised to see so many topics on this, don't you think you could have just posted in another one instead making another one to add to the other hundreds? I've had lag from day 1 of joining WoT. I've gotten used to it and have learned how to play with it. Now I think it is time that you learned. Once the lag gets fixed, who knows, you may get compensation, you may not, does it really matter that you just have 1 bad day comparede to the other hundreds? I doubt it's going to have an effect on your stats if that's wat you're worried about. <_<

Wrath_From_Above #12 Posted May 21 2011 - 02:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
You got to post when it's bad......I have never lagged until the patch now I'm getting lag spikes all the time.......starting to make the game unplayable

Daemus #13 Posted May 21 2011 - 02:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 1434 battles

View Post25Spartanspearman25, on May 21 2011 - 02:04, said:

wow, I'm suprised to see so many topics on this, don't you think you could have just posted in another one instead making another one to add to the other hundreds? I've had lag from day 1 of joining WoT. I've gotten used to it and have learned how to play with it. Now I think it is time that you learned. Once the lag gets fixed, who knows, you may get compensation, you may not, does it really matter that you just have 1 bad day comparede to the other hundreds? I doubt it's going to have an effect on your stats if that's wat you're worried about. <_<
You having lag since day 1, unless you didn't play until after 6.4 went live, is your problem. You need to get better net, adjust gfx settings/upgrade pc, move closer to the servers that WoT is hosted on, or do something else to solve YOUR problem.

The lag we have now, that EVERYONE is experiencing, is something that WoT staff needs to address. Whether it is a lack of infrastructure to handle an influx in players, poor decision making in hosting game updates on game servers, or something else happening that WoT has control over, it is something that the game company will need to sort out.

It is far from unreasonable for paying customers to expect compensation for a disruption of service. It has many precedents with other online game companies and is a generally accepted rule for the industry at this point.

aquabat #14 Posted May 21 2011 - 02:16

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 10370 battles

kritara said:

It's very difficult to get the true scope of what a patch will due to a game unless the server your testing it on has the same load.

As much as I somewhat agree with you that they do care and overlord already comented on lag elsewhere, the patch was thoroughly tested on the RU test for a couple of weeks. So they did stress test it. So lack of testing or lack of time to know what would happen is no excuse.
I'm willing to accept their excuse that it is their NC server fault, even though the problem seems to happen only at night (when the server is more crowded).
Spoiler                     

Yellow13 #15 Posted May 21 2011 - 07:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1087 battles

View PostDaemus, on May 21 2011 - 02:16, said:

You having lag since day 1, unless you didn't play until after 6.4 went live, is your problem. You need to get better net, adjust gfx settings/upgrade pc, move closer to the servers that WoT is hosted on, or do something else to solve YOUR problem.

The lag we have now, that EVERYONE is experiencing, is something that WoT staff needs to address. Whether it is a lack of infrastructure to handle an influx in players, poor decision making in hosting game updates on game servers, or something else happening that WoT has control over, it is something that the game company will need to sort out.

It is far from unreasonable for paying customers to expect compensation for a disruption of service. It has many precedents with other online game companies and is a generally accepted rule for the industry at this point.

lolwut, move closer???? like what, am I gonna pack up and move to another part of the state for a GAME?! especially a free to play game, lol, you're either trollin or crazy

Daemus #16 Posted May 21 2011 - 15:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 1434 battles

View PostYellow13, on May 21 2011 - 07:34, said:

lolwut, move closer???? like what, am I gonna pack up and move to another part of the state for a GAME?! especially a free to play game, lol, you're either trollin or crazy
You are taking that literally rather than realizing it was meant as a bit of humor about those who live halfway around the world and complain when they get lag from a server they are thousands of miles from? Maybe you haven't been around games enough but it usually doesn't take too long on game forums to find people living a hemisphere away from the game servers that are reporting lag as a bug. If you live in the US you shouldn't be experiencing net related issues with lag, if in fact you are not a troll :Smile_great:  and actually have lag issues outside of what is globally affecting WoT players since 6.4.

You may have poor Internet, like using dial-up or poor cable/dsl, but location shouldn't be causing your problem within the 48 US States (not sure about AK, HI, or territories). In general, if you are on the same continent, then simple distance shouldn't be causing highly disruptive lag in a non-twitch game under normal circumstances.

stickjock #17 Posted May 21 2011 - 15:19

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT

Posted Today, 04:59 AM

The release of v.6.4 update led to the increase in the amount of traffic and some unexpected changes in its structure what affected previously stable network connections. The lag issue on the US server is local however hurts a huge region of Eastern United States (and all related traffic that goes through it). The servers in data center are working fine and their capacity is sufficient for the time being.

We have run a few tests that showed no packet loss or any other kind of instability from our side.

Spoiler  

There are some connectivity issues with local ISP (Charlotte router):

ae-4-4.car1.Charlotte1.Level3.net
ae-11-11.car2.Charlotte1.Level3.net

They have already been contacted and the problem has been extended to the senior provider.

Though the issue is not directly on our side we apologize for the inconvenience caused and will do our best to fix it as soon as it is possible.

Overlord posted this just today, early this morning... so... they ARE aware of the problem and doing what THEY can to fix it...

Full post here -->http://forum.worldof...398#entry560398

Daemus #18 Posted May 21 2011 - 15:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 1434 battles

View Poststickjock, on May 21 2011 - 15:19, said:

Overlord posted this just today, early this morning... so... they ARE aware of the problem and doing what THEY can to fix it...

Full post here --> http://forum.worldof...398#entry560398
Thank you for bringing that to attention. :Smile_honoring: Glad to know they have an idea of what is happening. I just hope efforts to fix it are truly underway because "the problem has been extended to the senior provider" isn't the progress I like to see after the better part of a week.

Either way, glad WoT is paying attention and I hope Level 3 gets on the problem and takes care of it.

Kwaji #19 Posted May 21 2011 - 23:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 1742 battles

View Poststickjock, on May 21 2011 - 15:19, said:

Full post here --> http://forum.worldof...398#entry560398

Funny thing is there are about 15-20 of us that have been telling them for months that those servers are lagging . Now thats its more then 20 its a big deal. I hope they do FINALY fix those servers so some of us can play yhe game the way it was ment to be played.

Yellow13 #20 Posted May 22 2011 - 04:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1087 battles

View PostDaemus, on May 21 2011 - 15:11, said:

You are taking that literally rather than realizing it was meant as a bit of humor about those who live halfway around the world and complain when they get lag from a server they are thousands of miles from? Maybe you haven't been around games enough but it usually doesn't take too long on game forums to find people living a hemisphere away from the game servers that are reporting lag as a bug. If you live in the US you shouldn't be experiencing net related issues with lag, if in fact you are not a troll :Smile_great:  and actually have lag issues outside of what is globally affecting WoT players since 6.4.

You may have poor Internet, like using dial-up or poor cable/dsl, but location shouldn't be causing your problem within the 48 US States (not sure about AK, HI, or territories). In general, if you are on the same continent, then simple distance shouldn't be causing highly disruptive lag in a non-twitch game under normal circumstances.
I honestly didn't know that lol, I was afraid that my close proximity to Charlotte (apparantly the root cause of the lag from what I've been reading).
I'm both happy and dismayed by this though, my internet connection is generally ok (as long as I'm directly connected as opposed to using wi-fi lol), im happy that my proximity to Charlotte will have little to no effect on my lag issues, but dismayed in that so many other players, potentially from all across the NA servers could experience this issue  :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users