?arty qu please help?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

racingfan #1 Posted May 19 2011 - 03:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5792 battles
well i am not that new 2 this game but i never used arty before a couple weeks ago (about a month (not every day) i have been playing this game from about 2-3 weeks before the north American servers were up at all

??now the qu, i cant figure out y i get shot by other arty in my arty or see arty rounds flying 3/4 way across the map and killing people i cant do it on my arty how do others do it??????????

yes i know restarted qu don't tell me that or that i am stuiped just answer my qu please

thanks

PwntUpRage #2 Posted May 19 2011 - 04:15

Major

• Players
  • 10776 battles
  • [-PACK] -PACK
Hit shift and you get a top down view of the battlefield.

Move this around until you find an enemy your team mates have spotted for you.

Wait for reticule to close on target, account for round travel time, lead target if he's moving, now fire.

Hopefully its as simple as this :rolleyes:

Daemus #3 Posted May 19 2011 - 04:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 1434 battles
What PwntUpRage said. Make sure you are using snipe mode (SHIFT) to get the overhead view.

Playing arty has been tough the past couple of days since the patch due to lag. It affects them more than any other tank because of the long shell travel times.

As for killing other arty that your team doesn't have spotted, you can view their shot trails to get an idea of where they are at. Move your overhead view to that area and wait for another shot from them to see where their shot originates from. If they aren't moving after every shot, you can lob a shell at the area you saw their shell trail originate at for a chance at hitting them without ever spotting them. This can work with any tank you can't see but arty are usually easier targets due to the probability that they won't move after firing.

As far as aiming, I have found it best to place the line that shows the estimated shell path so that the end of the line is on top of their tank.

Lougle #4 Posted May 19 2011 - 09:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13052 battles
Some of the starting guns in artillery have very very short ranges.

Get those gun upgrades asap.

As for getting shot by other arty,  4 ways really.

1)  You are scouted by somebody on their team so they see you and shoot you.

2)  They were watching where you are using the top down interface and saw your shell trail.  This one is quite fun and I try to do it often.

3)  They were watching where you are and saw a fence/tree/house get damaged.  They shot you using logic from your destructive habits.

4)  They just took a lucky shot.  Many maps have limited spots for arty to set up.  If there is no targets and I have plenty of shells,  I'll go fishing sometimes.

How to avoid these things?  Mostly move after shooting, and try not to set up in the obvious spots.  Also don't get spotted by the other teams scouts.

YusefAdama #5 Posted May 19 2011 - 23:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15764 battles
Get a good radio, can't stress it enough, you will be able to see the enemy arty at a much greater distance,then the shoe is on the other foot,heh
Bob

racingfan #6 Posted May 20 2011 - 00:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5792 battles
well i got a bison i got good range with that the shift key thing is what i needed thanks a ton guys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users