how many thinking of quitting?

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

Chanault #21 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 17:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3701 battles
I am thinking of dropping back to tiers 1-4 and if the fun doesn't come back buh-bye. It is no fun to keep playing and just losing, losing, losing.

paradat #22 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 17:28

Major

• Players
  • 34758 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
I some times take breaks after a particularly long and arduous month long mission. Other than that I love this game. WOT is going to be part of my game time for as far out as I can predict.  I thought War Thunder might pull my time.... just did not happen. Other game coming out may compete but WG has a really good thing going here that I will likely always be a part of. I hope to be here until the very end.

Edited by paradat, Sep 26 2014 - 23:26.

paradat #23 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 34758 battles
  • [TBW] TBW

View PostChanault, on Sep 15 2014 - 18:24, said:

I am thinking of dropping back to tiers 1-4 and if the fun doesn't come back buh-bye. It is no fun to keep playing and just losing, losing, losing.

That is a great idea. If you feel like your are burning out take a break. If you are striving and not having fun. Uninstall XVM, select a handful of tanks that you just like to play and ignore your stats and recapture the fun.

Don't forget to have fun, if the game is becoming work you need to back off and get some perspective.

Now if you have fun working then by all means continue as you are.

Necrophore #24 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 30617 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

After making the mistake of taking my scouts out of the garage this past week, I've let my premium time run out and switched games. It's just been team after team of everyone sitting in the back row waiting to die, where the majority don't fire a single shot. I can't adapt to the "hide in a corner" meme, so I'm out for the duration. (Whichever company comes up with a decent PvE tank game is going to make a mint.)

Rosha_ #25 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 18:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13129 battles

I agree that MM optimum should be 1 tier difference, however (theres always a "however") what is the wait time players will find acceptable?   This would be greatly effected by how many are online and in que!  While the EU servers have such a large player base that 40,000 players are on even in the wee hours of  the night.  This is not true of the NA servers.

Perhaps an option to wait for a 1 tier difference match was available and if the wait is too long they could opt for a 2 tier difference?

Personally I think the whole concept of stats should be dropped.  This would stop the whining and complaints of high stats players vs low stat players.  It would just be he played better then me -or- I played worse then him.  Then on to the next match. The game would just be play and have fun.   There are those who love stats as it helps their self image which they don't get in real life.  They could still  chart their own stats though they would't have  coloured numbers to "prove" their superiority" over others which would actually remove a lot of chat bashing as well.  

Badger_Attitude #26 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 18:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 785 battles

People don't quit because the game is hard

people quit because some of the people on here and in the game have the mental acuity of a 9 year old and the social graces of a pig

I like the game to much to let the dipsticks bother me

Hazakdds #27 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 18:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14955 battles

^^  Agreed Badger.  The times when I've gotten up and walked away are when I've been busting hump to earn XP for better equipment, and then just got stuck on the corner of a building or rock, or trying to negotiate a city, then being ranted at for being a noob or <insert insult here>.  

I seriously don't believe the stats will ever be nerfed or removed.  That is the foundation of the achievement (stat) model of the game.  It's what produces the income stream for the company.  Addiction takes many forms young Padawan...

jkk101 #28 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 19:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13891 battles

I truly believe that free to play games have a poison view on things .They want people to spend money and they goto great lengths to try and achieve this to the point that they really drive a lot of players away .I feel this is a very bad way to do business  and serves to remove alot of the fun from players until they quit playing .I have never used XVM but I'm sure if I did I would be surprised at just how lopsided the skill was on a game to game basis .Too many times have a I seen a side just get annihilated in under 2 minutes for it to be just coincidence .A game for me is about fun and if I can't have fun I quit the game I have quit this game 2 times myself once for about 2 months another time for over a year I think .It just got to the point to where I was grinding what seemed like forever and took a real beating along the way trying to get all the modules unlocked .It became so tedious and just empty it just wasn't fun at all .Now it seems credits are very hard to earn a year ago I could make 1.5 million credits a day off game play and missions .But today it takes me days almost a week of good playing to get to a million  .When I look at what premiums can cost like the T-34 just turns my stomach and I know they are doing this to try and persuade me to spend real world money to make credits easier to come by by giving me better MM .I understand that they need to get money for a game but to do that is a very fine line I believe they are on the verge of slowly choking the life from this game and that is a sad thing .

They need to bring the fun back to WOT for everyone and not just those that pay to play to not do this a huge mistake that will cost them new players everyday I wonder just how many come and play for a few weeks to go out the door quietly and never return .The game play I believe to be very unbalance and needs to be addressed soon while they still have a player base to do so or the changes they make could be to late and the wait for a game too long to help.I believe on it's current path a year 2 at the most will see a huge decline in the player base for this game.       

Stauffenberg44 #29 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 19:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15247 battles

I put up a thread a month ago titled "I'm posting this for those who feel the same (you know who you are)" that dealt with the increasing frustration and aggravation the game was causing me. I had no intention of quitting, but I did need a break and a rethink. The responses were quite interesting and my feeling that there must be many people out there feeling as I did turned out to be true. The aim was to constructively engage the issue of rising levels of frustration (most notable since the patches from early Spring onwards), not to simply whine about it.

I took a 3-week break after that and came back with a completely new approach to WoT which sees me enjoying the game much more. I gave a "progress report" about all the specific changes I made to accomplish this, and it is in the same thread which you can find here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/381691-im-posting-this-for-those-who-feel-the-same-you-know-who-you-are/page__fromsearch__1

jkk101 #30 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 19:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13891 battles

View PostStauffenberg44, on Sep 15 2014 - 19:17, said:

I put up a thread a month ago titled "I'm posting this for those who feel the same (you know who you are)" that dealt with the increasing frustration and aggravation the game was causing me. I had no intention of quitting, but I did need a break and a rethink. The responses were quite interesting and my feeling that there must be many people out there feeling as I did turned out to be true. The aim was to constructively engage the issue of rising levels of frustration (most notable since the patches from early Spring onwards), not to simply whine about it.

I took a 3-week break after that and came back with a completely new approach to WoT which sees me enjoying the game much more. I gave a "progress report" about all the specific changes I made to accomplish this, and it is in the same thread which you can find here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/381691-im-posting-this-for-those-who-feel-the-same-you-know-who-you-are/page__fromsearch__1

Well I was going to read your post right up until the first 4 lines where I seen it say people couldn't except criticism and would call you a whiner and then you come here and basically call everyone here  a whiner well is hypocritical on such a major level.Just unreal you can give any negative feedback and here comes the trolls.

Shadowcat20 #31 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 19:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36350 battles

The whole Winx thing is broken to my mind. Stats are driven by damage done and xp earned. But what about those who only play low tier or mid tier? The higher the tier played the more xp and damage earned. This explains why new players run out and get a tier 8 prem right off. To get into the high scores right away and jump start their WIN scores. Plus the xp earned helps them to push past the low tiers quickly and get into the mid tiers to keep their ratio up.

Until win has a tier/xp and tier/dam adjustment to even it out it is broke.

I elited EVERY tank in US, German, Soviet, Jap, and chinese up to tier 6 weather I was good at them or not just to get all the lines. Needless to say that will kill your dam/win rate quickly. Now that my games are up there and I am into tier 9 and 10 the stat monkeys love to call me a baddie. With a  7 year old comp running 5 FPS I guess I am just not up to the standards of the PRO wannabees. But if they want to be pros they need to get off the pubs statpadding and play clan wars and tourneys with the big kids. Provided they can hack it...but then look how many stay in the pubs....big fish in a little pond is all they will ever be.

Edited by Shadowcat20, Sep 15 2014 - 19:41.

Kenshin2kx #32 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 19:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

View Postjkk101, on Sep 15 2014 - 03:59, said:

So last couple of days been seeing players post that they are quitting. I was wondering how many have been thinking of or been close to quitting? I know the game is tough when you first start and it takes a long time to get better and I was wondering how many new players are being lost. I believe a lot are leaving due to the 2 tier spread and poor MM I.E putting 50% WR players on one team and 40% WR players on the other. I would like to see just how many are leaving WG has to know not that we will get the true numbers here because most new players probably don't even come on the forums. 

Thinking of quitting ... sure, all the time ... just like I think about swearing off women and becoming a monk after a particularly bad social gathering or date.

IMHO, at least for me, its much like that phrase "perfect imperfections" from that recent song on the radio ...

ShadowDancer27 #33 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 20:01

Major

• Players
  • 28264 battles

Whenever you go on a cold streak or a series of nothing going right from the tank lineup MM gives you to the 30 meter shot that hits dirt instead of tank....

And then you have a 60% weekend and it's all sunshine and daisies...

Until the next cold streak.

For the record I got far more Large Repair kits, First Aid and Auto Extinguishers this weekend than I used this weekend!  When you bust up a flank and get multiple kills without taking damage it s profit...getting mission goodies on top of that is even better.  So the game for now is smiling on me.  my really unproductive matches were either "DOH!" stupid mistakes - like trying to raid with my new T-34 with the stock functionally blind view range turret...or what is my current frustration machine - the T25/2.

siegersallee #34 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 20:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 41 battles
The game itself is losing its appeal to me because:

1) The current way MM works seems to create teams with absolutely no chance: having a majority of players with Personal Ratings in the double digits against teams of PRs above 1100.

2) The fact that tankers with absolutely no skills or knowledge of how to play are able to buy high tier premium tanks and then doom their team to defeat because they have not clue on what to do.

3) Now that premium tanks have been buffed, we will see even more of number 2 as more wallet warriors and window lickers buy their way to the higher tiers instead of grinding and learning.

4) The map rotation algorithm that puts a player on Ruinberg on fire 5 times out of 9 games.

5) The completely out of control player population which seems to be mostly immature, childish creatures who troll for fun.

6) I have always been bothered by the use of the word "Clan" to describe the organized teams of tankers who participate in wars. The term "Clan" is too similar to "Klan" which is a loaded word in the USA

7) The unquestioned Russian bias in tanks and the equally unquestioned German prejudice

8) The false promise of enhancements to physics, the damage engine, HAVOC etc...

9) The false promises of WarGaming.net to fix this or that and they never do.

10) The fact that a really bad team of low PRs can be put up against a team with 3 "pro" players. The bad team was wiped out 15-1. I was on the team. (PS: I usually play on the EU server)

11) The failure all these years of WOT to do anything about BOTs, AFKs, trolls, etc...

12) Full releases that are complete failures. Releases that are full of KNOWN bugs, but still inflicted on PAYING customers and then little of no recompense for lost premium account time.

13) Very poor account security that lends itself to hackers.

14) The growing use of illegal mods.

15) The inconsistency on difference servers between legal and illegal mods.

16) Misleading and conflicting information posted by official moderators, contributors, and administrators about what mods are legal etc...

17) I think I am growing out of the adolescent mind-set that fuels games like this. I am growing up and maturing and now find the whole thing to be childishly juvenile and a waste of time and money.

Further, a friend of mine was temporarily banned from the forum today.

Apparently he posted something a moderator did not like and got a warning. The warning and, more specifically, the reasons for the warning caused him to get mad and, I think, he over-reacted with a second moderator challenging post.

Because I know this guy in real life and I know how very precise and detailed oriented he is, I totally understand why he got mad about the warning for the first post.

Having read the post, I totally agree with him that the waring was unwarranted and the post perfectly in accordance with EULA policy. It did not attack or name called or put down anyone and it was not offensive.

Yet, a moderator took offense or was looking for a reason to be offended and acted very unfairly and heavy highhandedly.

The more one looks for offense, the more one always finds offense even where there is no offense.

This just further shows me that the WarGaming.net organization is inept. Give twenty-year-old moderators a little bit of power and it goes to their head.

Edited by siegersallee, Sep 15 2014 - 21:31.

N00BSAIB0T #35 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 20:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 58617 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Studies have shown that you can't quit.

PDX_Dragon #36 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 20:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41830 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U

What frustrates me about WoT is me. 

As I approach 11,000 games, I'm getting weary  of sucking. 

I know enough to get occasional 3,000 or even 4,000 WN8 personal triumphs, might be team wins or losses.  That's when I love this game.  I also get a LOT more zero damage 145 WN8 disappointments.  I'm thinking 145 is the base, bottom, worse WN8 a person can achieve, I've bounced against that number many, many times. 

This game is a roller coaster.  Great games are a rush that I want to have over and over again.  8 losses in a row, where I know I contributed nothing of value, make me sad. 

I've watched the streams of many unicums. 

They all seem to have web cams and I can see the wheels turning in their heads during the 30 second countdown as their eyes run up and down the columns that describe their team and the opposing team.  So when the bell goes off they know how strong the players in each tank are, and they already know armor thicknesses, speeds, reload times and a dozen other things about each tank.  I can't tell you the armor thickness of the 9 tanks in my daily rotation, and while I know what an IS3 or a Bat-Chat 25 is, I can't even identify the class of many vehicles from their names I see during those 30 seconds before the battle begins. 

When the flag drops these streaming Unicums aren't the ones sitting in the circle waiting to see where teammates are going, they are charging out, and not always to the same familiar location.  When the flag drops I move to where my type of tank usually goes.  If I'm in a lower tier I try to hang back a bit and support higher tier tanks. 

They move like predators, purposeful and confident.  I feel like prey, stumbling around until somebody puts me out of my misery. 

They reveal themselves and feast on the flanks and backs of the enemy tanks, many of which don't even react to their withering attacks.  I show myself and get hammered by 3 or 4 tanks before I can get a shot off. 

I think WoT is a great game.  I love that feeling I get when I do well.  But the down side is wearing on me. 

As bad as my win rate is, 46% rounded up to an orange 47% in the displayed XVM stats, after the string of 30% win rate sessions I've had lately I'm surprised it's not lower. 

I don't let abuse in the chat bother me, but I do read chat for tactical information so I see messages like "How can playing that bad be fun?".  That's a good question.  

Edited by PDX_Dragon, Sep 16 2014 - 01:34.

Willy_W_Wonka #37 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 46964 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

Planning to take a month or so off after getting the Type 62, as is with the bad teams and declining quality of the population very simple things are taking longer than they used too. Game already sucks up more time than college and a job combined but to top it off it causes too much stress for such grinding. Doubtful that if there is a monthly mission next month it will likely suck if there is one at all but still wanting a sale on tier 8 premiums.

More and more people are not giving a rat's anus if they win or not now days regardless of tier. We will see how bad it gets when the Type 59 pops up again next year or the year after. WoWP sucked so not much money there :teethhappy:

Its_a_dud #38 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 20:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8838 battles
Quit? No way...it's too much fun. Do I get frustrated with the long list of unfair things that happen...yes. But ultimately you can blame everything else...but its you that controls the outcome. Having fun and learning the game...so no way...I love it. 

Red_Ensign #39 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 7328 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
the game IS pretty repetitive, but I haven't thought of quitting.  I've taken a couple of long breaks though.

Kenshin2kx #40 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 21:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

View Postsiegersallee, on Sep 15 2014 - 20:16, said:

Apparently he posted something a moderator did not like and got a warning. The warning and, more specifically, the reasons for the warning caused him to get mad and, I think, he over-reacted with a second moderator challenging post.

Because I know this guy in real life and I know how very precise and detailed oriented he is, I totally understand why he got mad about the warning for the first post.

Having read the post, I totally agree with him that the waring was unwarranted and the post perfectly in accordance with EULA policy. It did not attack or name called or put down anyone and it was not offensive.

Yet, a moderator took offense or was looking for a reason to be offended and acted very unfairly and heavy highhandedly.

The more one looks for offense, the more one always finds offense even where there is no offense.

This just further shows me that the WarGaming.net organization is inept. Give twenty-year-old moderators given a little bit of power and it goes to their head.

IMO, one of the harder lessons to learn in life (at least for me) is the notion of being "dead right" ... I have not read the posting exchange mentioned, but would say in all fairness that many things can go wrong with humans and communication ... wars have been started based upon a misunderstanding or misinterpretation.  ... and usually the worst thing that can happen is for there to be an emotional escalation that progressively chokes out any chance for a reasonable outcome.  Though admittingly far easier said than done, it behooves your friend to approach the grievance in question in a non threatening/provocative manner - as the advocate of reason.

So instead of being "Dead Right" ... be "Head Right".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users