how many thinking of quitting?

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

capt_jay #41 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 21:08

Captain

• Players
  • 20349 battles

We should have a thread entitled: "define fun".

1) I like to drive around and shoot up things, but when I win less than everyone else, then it is not fun for me

2) I like to be challenged, I don't want to win cause I can click buttons faster than someone else. I want to employ strategy and tactics in order to increase my chances of winning.

3) Winning is fun, losing is not fun

4) I want to have fun, but I don't want it to be work, I just want to not have to try or think too much but still win a lot.

5) I want to play this game for 4 years, learn almost nothing in the process, and not understand why it is not still fun

I see way too many 1,3,4 and 5 players in this game.

I've played a good amount of online games. The one I don't like are the ones where you basically have 3 options, button A, B, C. The guy that can click them the fastest, in the right order dominates. Sorry, not interested, not my idea of fun. I'm bored in a week or two, cause there is no challenge and no variety,

I've played other games where the strategy and tactics were so complex that it just became so much work, I had so much 'homework' to do in order to be good at the game, it just became enough for me, I moved on to something else.

For me, WoT strikes a really good balance between the two. This is not a game where you will come in and be a dominate top 1% player in a couple weeks. Maybe not a couple years. This game is full of mental challenges. Learning weakspots on a vast array of tanks, learning all the details of a fairly large number of maps - terrain features, firing lanes, good sniper spots, not just this side is field, that side is city etc etc etc

This level of demand is not fun for everyone. It was not fun for my buddy, he hung in there for a while cause he knew I really liked the game, but ultimately it was not 'fun' for him, he was definitely a 1,4 player. He doesn't play WoT anymore, he and I play another game together...and it is mind numbing and boring to me and not the least bit challenging, but I play.

WoT was not fun for me from about game 500 to game 2000. I made all the prototypical mistakes, rushed up the tiers (to tier 4 anyway) in scout tanks no less, so I kept getting MUCH higher tier matches and getting slaughtered game after game. I didn't know about stats, I didn't know about mechanics and most importantly, I didn't know about these forums. But I'm too damn stubborn to give up and I like war machines in general (hurry up WoWarships!). I tried to find some help and some answers. Soon enough I found these very forums. Things slowly got better after that.

I've been playing this game for just a little over a year. I have gotten better in that time, I have gotten to the point where I don't feel I am a burden to my team in most battles, I pull my own weight on average. Until I got to that point, it galled me personally to the point where I WOULDNT let myself quit. Not everyone is like that, I understand that.

I like winning. A lot. I like when my chance to win is affected by MY play/ability and MY knowledge, even if only to a small degree. I like the fact that the team that uses better strategy and tactics often wins more. Nobody likes getting rolled 15-3 I don't think. You know what literally gets my heart beating faster? When we are down to 1 or 2 tanks, the game is on the line and _I_ am one of those tanks. That is like a drug, I love it, I want to get that rush all the time. Seal clubbing I am not a fan of, but I have been known to play some tier 2 tanks. Don't have 3 skill crews in them, I am not a green player, I am just grinding a new line. I don't have a tank higher than tier 8 and I only have 1 of them. I am not such a good player that I can have so much free XP available that I can skip the first 5 tiers of tank line, so I end up at lower levels. Apologies if I am ruining someone elses fun in the process.

I don't particularly care if I am the best on my team. Not my goal. I don't care if I am the best of the 30 tanks involved in the battle. Not my goal. My goal is to get better every week. Eventually I want to go against Sela and Anfield et al and I want to kick their [edited]. I most likely will never get there, but I will keep plugging away.

Finally, and I don't want to say this cause everyone will probably skip the wall of text above, see this, and neg rep me for it. Generally, the people that whine about 'stat monkeys' are the ones with awful stats themselves. Stop lying to yourself, awful stats mean you are a bad player, it's true, I don't care what argument you throw. It means you don't carry your own weight and someone has to pick up your slack. And I am not talking about players with under 5k games, it takes a while to figure out what is going on. It takes longer if you never find the forums. What I cannot understand are the 400 WN8, 42% W/R guys with 20k+ games. HOW do they stay motivated to play this game? How do they not LEARN anything in 20k game? I use my stats mainly to monitor my own progress. They are certainly not good enough to give me any sort of elitist ego. Not everyone on here with good stats lords them over those that don't.  I have had several blue/purple players help me in various ways, from platooning to critique of replays and advice. The game is what it is, and there are some very, very good players out there. I played high school football, I only played in spread formations cause I was MAYBE the 4th best WR on the team. I knew I was never going to be good enough to play college football, let alone ever think about playing in the NFL. It seems like what a lot of people are asking for is a high school varsity WoT, a College WoT and an NFL WoT. I know my buddy when he and I used to play together, he bitched about that a lot too.  I've never decided that was a good or bad idea, but I know I have learned at least some of what I know about this game from watching better players play after I was dead. Players that I would never have gotten the chance to watch if I had been relegated to players all my own level.

If you are not happy, yeah, I don't know why you waste your time. Cut your losses and go have some fun, life is too short and there are soooo many video games out there, surely you can find one that makes your happy

Psychosooner #42 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 22:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5290 battles
<<<<< Not quitting. I've learned a lot and am making progress plus I'm having too much fun to quit.

Samurai_Mouse #43 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 22:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8524 battles
I'm not quitting but i am cutting back a lot.. until theres an equal or near equal chance of winning a match theres simply no point in playing. I'm glad the warpack subscribers, unicums and clubbers are having a great time killing the game while insulting the hell out of everyone else, but its also not my idea of fun or sportsmanship. Perhaps  with WG's reworking to a skill based Matching system when havoc is implemented, it'll be a worthwhile game once again..

NoldatESG #44 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 23:00

Major

• Players
  • 24604 battles
  • [ESG] ESG
I think they need to have no more than 1 tier difference between tanks.  Running my tier 8s in tier 10 matches is getting old real fast.  That and the insanely OP tanks.  If someone is going to own me, I want them to at least be doing it because of skill.

Hawk_ftw #45 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 23:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 15017 battles
Yep... a good bit of my valuable time (relatively) into the game and known several decent players quit because of the match-making and though it used to be worse it still makes no sense that player and crew skill don't have significant impact on match maker. Having 2 or 3 tiers over my head 40% (or more) of the time every time I drive a heavy or lite is old because mostly you make very little difference to the team WR unless everything lines up right (rare). Its so bad on the weekends with the mandatory clan requirements that I almost only play mornings anymore for just a while and then hang it up.

Samurai_Mouse #46 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 23:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8524 battles

View PostHawk_ftw, on Sep 15 2014 - 15:00, said:

Yep... a good bit of my valuable time (relatively) into the game and known several decent players quit because of the match-making and though it used to be worse it still makes no sense that player and crew skill don't have significant impact on match maker. Having 2 or 3 tiers over my head 40% (or more) of the time every time I drive a heavy or lite is old because mostly you make very little difference to the team WR unless everything lines up right (rare). Its so bad on the weekends with the mandatory clan requirements that I almost only play mornings anymore for just a while and then hang it up.

I dont mind tiers spread so much. A 2000 game player is still a 2000 game player whether they're in a tier 5 or tier 7 tank. But when you pit a 2000 game player against a 25000 game player, something is seriously wrong on both ends..

Edited by Whiskey_Blue, Sep 15 2014 - 23:11.

Black_Stealth_Badger41 #47 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 23:38

Captain

• Players
  • 39268 battles
  • [DBN] DBN

Many times.. many many times. Why?

They talk about how Match Maker will never be skill based.  However it is already! When you constantly see matches where you have a ton of red players on one team maybe one or two yellows up against a team full of purple/ Blue and green on the otherside. Guess what that's a skill biased MM and not RANDOM when it happens all the time.

When they keep nerfing and buffing tanks on a constant basis EVERY Patch.
When they don't take people playing this game seriously through customer support

When you have the head guy calling all players/ customers idiots and whiners.. working as intended. It rubs off on the employees.

When you allow banned modification to be used in a game. even though you have a banned modifications list. Then when people get caught using them it's a two tiered system Their friends and then everybody else. If you're a buddy you get a temp slap on the wrist if you're a nobody you get the ban hammer.

Ya I've thought of leaving many times but I only have Eleven tanks (11) Left to do to get senior engineer  only game reason I'm still here: (ohh and my clan mates/ friends)

Tier 9/10's left  Russia: Obj 430,
212A, 261, French: Lorr 40t, Bat chat 25t. Bat 155/55 Bat155/58,  US Arty: M53/M55 T92,  GB arty: FV3805, Conq GC.  Then of course all the new tanks they bring in.

The 9.3 patch has:

• U.S.A.: T37 (tier VI), M41 Walker Bulldog (tier VII), T49 (tier VIII)
  • U.S.S.R.: LTTB (tier VII), Т-54 lightweight (tier VIII)
  • Germany: Spahpanzer Ru 251 (tier VIII)

So I need to kill all of those (since I have my Master Tanker [killed one of everything]) and of course research all of those for the senior engineer tab.

Edited by HBadger41, Sep 15 2014 - 23:55.

Necrophore #48 Posted Sep 15 2014 - 23:40

Major

• Players
  • 30911 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS

View PostWhiskey_Blue, on Sep 15 2014 - 14:52, said:

I'm not quitting but i am cutting back a lot.. until theres an equal or near equal chance of winning a match theres simply no point in playing. I'm glad the warpack subscribers, unicums and clubbers are having a great time killing the game while insulting the hell out of everyone else, but its also not my idea of fun or sportsmanship. Perhaps  with WG's reworking to a skill based Matching system when havoc is implemented, it'll be a worthwhile game once again..

Warpack is not what sends a dozen players into the valley on Lakeville Encounter battles. There isn't a modpack in existence that can make up for a team too blind to read a map, too cowardly to push a 12 on 1 advantage, too clumsy to push a mouse button, and too pig-headed to listen to teammates telling them, "Don't go valley."

The game is not becoming unplayable because of the "unicum" that butchered half your team as they rush across the open field - it's becoming unplayable because half the team thought that rushing the field was a good idea. Every single one of them will post "thanks for the support" instead of "well, that was stupid", and then go on to do the exact same thing next battle. The game is running out of worthwhile players to build teams around, not the other way around.

skidsteer5 #49 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 02:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8500 battles

View PostNecrophore, on Sep 15 2014 - 23:40, said:

Warpack is not what sends a dozen players into the valley on Lakeville Encounter battles. There isn't a modpack in existence that can make up for a team too blind to read a map, too cowardly to push a 12 on 1 advantage, too clumsy to push a mouse button, and too pig-headed to listen to teammates telling them, "Don't go valley."

The game is not becoming unplayable because of the "unicum" that butchered half your team as they rush across the open field - it's becoming unplayable because half the team thought that rushing the field was a good idea. Every single one of them will post "thanks for the support" instead of "well, that was stupid", and then go on to do the exact same thing next battle. The game is running out of worthwhile players to build teams around, not the other way around.

The game is becoming unplayable because unicum players play in low tier matches platooning. Seal clubbing which happens far too often.

Lapdog1 #50 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 02:43

Major

• Players
  • 7150 battles

View PostNecrophore, on Sep 15 2014 - 17:40, said:

..... The game is running out of worthwhile players to build teams around, not the other way around.

And why would you think that is? May have something to do with matters brought up in previous replies in this topic?  

Team stacking is very obvious 40-60% of the time.

Inconsistencies in equipment performance, these often cover entire teams (we cant pen anything! etc. or the well known rush to get dmg since your side can hit ammo racks around freaking corners).

Now they have nerfed credit income into oblivion.

There is really no point in either paying or playing (working) for this company anymore. They have crossed the line in frustration for far to many players.

Fulcrous_really_heckin #51 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 03:12

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 32469 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postskidsteer5, on Sep 15 2014 - 18:11, said:

The game is becoming unplayable because unicum players play in low tier matches platooning. Seal clubbing which happens far too often.

I could say the same by saying that the game is unplayable because too many tomatoes play as if they have severed their brain hemispheres and are therefore conflicted with their actions.

MichiganMike #52 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 03:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35743 battles

View PostFox_Trax, on Sep 15 2014 - 12:10, said:

Then I quit because the girlfriend's work schedule changed. Then I quit because I dumped that witch and had a social life again. 

Having read Fox_Trax's comments, I believe that playing WoT is rather like being caught in a bad relationship. She (WoT) promises to be fun and easy ("Play for free."). And everything is so exciting at first. You are thrilled with your new love. So, you put more and more time into the relationship.

And she demands more and more of your time. But you realize you aren't having the fun you thought you would. She isn't nearly as easy as she seemed to promised. You try again and again, and you aren't getting any ....wins. Your stats are lousy. You feel bad. No matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to please her. Her love is conditional.

But she promises that if you give just a little more - study the game mechanics, study the maps, buy the top gun and turret, move up to that heavy in the next tier - - - THEN the old magic will return.

But it doesn't. Each new investment gives only fleeting and unfulfilling satisfaction. And slowly you begin to realize that your life has been consumed by chasing the unattainable. She (WoT) will never give you the joy you sought. She will always be witholding and unattainable.

What to do? Consider the words of Fire _ Trax: "Then I quit because I dumped that witch and had a social life again."

I haven't played a singe game today. I went to a rifle range out the country. Had it all to myself. The weather was cool and damp. I brought along good cup of coffee and a sandwich. I tested four new loads I developed for my Ruger 77 7mm-08. I found it liked 28 grains of Alliant MR 2000 behind a hand cast 180 grain bullet. I cast my own bullets using a 50-50 mix of Linotype and wheel weights. It was all very satisfying. After that, I stopped a  little Mexican restaurant and enjoyed a chicken enchilada, beans and rice. 

A good time was had by all.

MichiganMike

Edited by MichiganMike, Sep 16 2014 - 03:23.

Samurai_Mouse #53 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 03:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8524 battles

View PostFulcrous, on Sep 15 2014 - 19:12, said:

I could say the same by saying that the game is unplayable because too many tomatoes play as if they have severed their brain hemispheres and are therefore conflicted with their actions.

says the man with 13000 battles to the man with only 6K.. give me a break..

starcaptain63 #54 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 04:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 3945 battles
I love this game and it is very frustrating, too. I have walked away for a week or so, avoided playing on weekends, and yes, even rage-quit a few times. Will I quit for good? Maybe. Maybe FALLOUT 4 will get released, maybe I can afford a higher connection speed. Maybe, maybe, maybe. :teethhappy: I got "talked down" by a few WoT tankers recently when I posted about the sheer number of jerk-wads I seem to be running into game wise. Coming here and getting feedback that was, for once, not schmeared with trolls- was refreshing. Hopefully, you are getting a positive vibe from the rest of us. Yeah, WoT has issues. The "historical accuracy" WG loves to pat themselves on the back about is lacking. The Hellcat is still too slow, The M4 too invulnerable, and the penetration is weird. I have actual WW2 era pictures of several  Panzers, killed by one shot with a nice little 37mm hole in them- dead as a doornail on the battlefield. Try that in-game and you'll be disappointed. But I still play because I do have a good run every so often and most of the time, I still turn a profit. That helps a lot with my desire to keep at it. I saw above that others think it might be a good idea NOT to fight two tiers above your own tier and I think that is a good idea, at least until you achieve tier 7. I seemed to have topped out at tier 6 and not sure if I will seriously pursue anything higher. The cost, gold or silver, is monstrous all told. I often find myself asking ; "Is this still the right game for me?" and I don't see that changing soon.  Ultimately, what worked/works for me is taking a break from the war for a while. Until I get the overwhelming urge to slip into my Cromwell and ride forth.

rugbynorm #55 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 05:37

Private

• Players
  • 76999 battles
  • [GCOT] GCOT

One of the things I've noticed is the greater tier differences

The return to THREE + arty per side. If I wanted to be a trap target and thrown out to be shot, I'd take up skeet shooting.

MM is creating more disparity rather than parity in the match

I've slowed down on higher tier matches, It's turned into gang tactics, roaming gangs of tanks just walk around and obliterate teams and many heavies just sit back just sit back and watch. I am a very aggressive tanker and play hard. I don't see the reward for being that way any more.

Because of XVM I see so much arrogance and criticism. I often get personal messages of insult out of arrogance, I usually give as good as I get but I draw the line at out of game threats.

WITHOUT IDENTIFYING players, I would like to see statistics of how many players are penalized, what they are penalized for and what the penalties are. Take note, I do NOT WANT to see identities, just what is being done about game abuse.

VariaVespasa #56 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 06:24

Major

• Players
  • 75902 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

View PostMichiganMike, on Sep 15 2014 - 05:53, said:

Everyone gets to this point. WoT is good at putting the new player on the tread mill, running after the next, better, more powerful, tank. Eventually we all wonder if it is worth it. I believe WoT is a dead end. In team chat during a game, a guy on my team said this was his first game back, after being away for a year. His comment: "Now I remember why I quit playing."

I began playing this game in April, 2013 after knee surgery kept me home from work. My first mistake was racing up the tiers as fast as I could - without learning the basics of the game - mechanics, strategy, maps, etc. As a result a earned a poor set of stats - about a 46% win rate over all.

This continued until about three months ago. I made a few changes. First, I began playing spgs and found I have a talent for the things. Second, I began learning some of the fundamentals of the game. And I have started over with some tier 3 and 4 tanks and practiced my skills there. The result is that I have a 50-60% win rate in these low tier tanks. And I am enjoying playing arty.

But, YES, I think almost daily about quitting. Why? I have come to the conclusion that WoT is a dead end. They advertize online that one can pay for free. Yet, the depend upon WoT to generate a revenue stream so the owners can make a profit and continue to develop the game. The two claims conflict.

This conflict creates a game filled with compromises. Perhaps the most profound is MM. It appears designed to keep a skilled player from truly excelling. Instead, it appears to push most players into a narrow statistical norm (45-55% win rate) that is very difficult to escape.

MM also creates lopsided, run away wins or defeats. Skill and effort seem to have no effect on the outcome. After 2 or 3 of these abominations and I quit and go work in my shop.

RNG is another factor that is dead ending the game imo. I can take the same machine (let's say my M44) into one battle. Same day, same time, same me, same machine. Yet, in one game The rounds coming out of the tube are on target, I do damage. I get 2, maybe 3 kills. In the next game the same M44 over shoots, under shoots, and when it hits, it does minor damage. RNG is, I believe, such a powerful factor in determining a player's performance, that the player's actual effort at least feels as if it makes no difference.

I believe the game is designed this way to keep players looking for the next, great tank, moving up to the next tier, etc. All of this is to lead players to spend money on camo, on spending money of getting crews at 100%, buying "gold" ammo, etc.

The game can't be free, and make money for the owners - and be a satisfying game. Too many compromises have to be made in the attempt to be free and make money.

Also, I believe the game is a technological dead end. Band width is, I think, the problem. I had only rare problems with lag and high ping in 8.9 and 9.1. With the release of 9.2 odd, spiky ping is now pretty frequent. The reality is flying turrets, over flying fighter planes, more spectacular explosions, high def tanks, all take up band width. WoT can only take the online game so far because of technological limitations.

I would be less inclined to quit if WoT would do two things. First, forget about flying turrets, and put R&D time into more maps. Second, improve MM, so that teams of similar skill play. That would reduce the run away, lop sided wins and losses and make the games more competitive and fun.

As for me, I have sold off about 1 out of 3 of my machines. I have reduced them to 10. I kept the ones with the best stats, and provide me with the most enjoyment. I am playing less. Tomorrow I go the the rifle range to put real projectiles down range. And I am not spending another real world dime on "WoT. I did that once upon a time to free up experience. No more. The game isn't worth my real world dollars when there is a real world out there that provides a lot more pleasure.

Will I quit? No. But I am playing less. I am not spending real world dollars on the game.

MichiganMike

So very many things wrong with this post.

It IS play for free.  They make money off people who want to pay for convenience, same way a lot of games do, with one level of truthfulness or another.  Pay for extra bank space, extra bags, faster travel, more garage slots, more zones, etc.  The only clash between free and making a profit is garage slots, and the fact thats its not easy to get them without paying, and the opportunities that do come up are outside of the players control.  But theyre also the cheapest things on the menu, so you dont exactly have to hock the family jewels to buy some, especially during a sale.  20 bucks will get you a couple dozen slots.  Cheap at the price if thats the only cash you spend on the game.  Dirt cheap.  WoT is one of the best out there on the ftp model really- there is NOTHING at all in the game that you cant get playing for free that you can get by paying.  No tank, no tier restrictions, no credit limits, none of the usual stuff that other games dink you around on (Swotor anyone?) .The only thing paying gets you that you cant easily get for free is more of it at once (ie- garage slots).  Even the premium tanks can be had from missions nowadays.  And you can earn useful amounts of gold from tournaments etc with no cash outlay.  F2p and profit are not conflicting to any meaningful degree here.  You are mistaken.

You think f2p is a dead end?  You are entirely wrong.  Its the future (Or would be if the future werent already here).  It wasnt that long ago (only 5 years or so) that monthly subscriptions were the norm.  Perhaps youre too young to remember, but they were.  It was DDO that pioneered f2p, and, happily, did it pretty well, and proved the model.  Since then the trend has been towards f2p across wide swathes of the gaming community, some implementations being better than others.  WoT is better than many.

Compromises- what compromises, precisely, are you talking about? Name them.  Name just three.  Go on, I'll wait.   And remember, you brought up compromises specifically as a consequence of a conflict between f2p and profit, so whatever examples you offer MUST be shown to relate to that supposed conflict.  Your MM issue does not, or at least you have not shown that it is related or even attempted to show a relationship. 

Tech dead end- From a certain point of view every single game on the planet is a tech dead end- they'll all be surpassed and outdated eventually.  But your reasons are flat-out ridiculous.  Band width? Really?  And then you blame on band width stuff that does not affect bandwidth-  The servers dont send turret explosion videos over the net to you when they happen, or animate those fighters overhead just for you.  The fighters are a script thats part of the map on your comp.  Its extra work your cpu has to do run them maybe, but that doesnt involve bandwidth in any way.  The high-def tanks ONLY show your tank in HD, nobody elses.  Again, NO bandwidth involved.  NONE.  Learn the difference between server-side stuff and client-side stuff and you wont look so ridiculous.

MM is not rigged to "keep you in your 45-55% win rate place,  you scurvy peasant you!". Thats a natural result of pugs.  You want skill-based MM- thats just going to make your win rate closer to 50% and even harder to escape from, you know.

VariaVespasa #57 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 06:40

Major

• Players
  • 75902 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

View PostWhiskey_Blue, on Sep 16 2014 - 04:26, said:

says the man with 13000 battles to the man with only 6K.. give me a break..

How many games do you have to have before you can say it?  I have 46k games- can *I* say it?

Because, of course, you couldnt possibly be silly enough to try to suggest that the person with fewer games is more likely to be right by virtue of having less experience...

Samurai_Mouse #58 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 08:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8524 battles

View PostVariaVespasa, on Sep 15 2014 - 22:40, said:

How many games do you have to have before you can say it?  I have 46k games- can *I* say it?

Because, of course, you couldnt possibly be silly enough to try to suggest that the person with fewer games is more likely to be right by virtue of having less experience...

Is that supposed to be an insult??  If it is, it failed.  Of course I can be right; even with my paltry liittle 2K games experience behind me.. Why can I be right and not you?? Because I willingly accept that someone with greater amounts of practice and experience is going to be better  or at the least have a greater level of skill refinement than the person just getting started. Pitting me against you on the same battlefield in the same tank would most likely be an excersize in boredom for you as even if you WERE a tomato or potato, youd be a tomato/potato on a skill base that stretched 46000 games. I wouldnt even be a challenge for you.. and thats exactly my point. With that many games behind you, WOT must have been a completely different game than it is today hen you started. it was newer, younger. How many 46K game veterans did you have to go up against wen you first started??  How Many 26K game vets did you have to face?? Today, new players start going up against heavily experienced vets starting at tier two. They dont stand a chance and the vets get labeled seal clubbers.. Its a bad situation all around and theres little joy to be found there. The Noobs scramble to get better and more powerful tanks so they might possibly stand a chance at winning and getting ahead and instead they end up going against even more powerful tanks and the same level of skill and higher from their opponents. BUT, WG does rake in a good amount of money from the sale of premium tanks, gold rounds and garage spaces ( not to mention free experience ) because of it. Thats well and good for WG, but n the end you are left with the fact that all youve accomplished on any given day is to kill a few noobs who werent even a match for you and all the noob has done is died time and time again only to be berated by the wot community for having bad stats and being a lousy player. Yeah, there are "some" who consider that entertainment, but it seems quite obvious that a great many in the community  dont exactly see it that way..

Now, you were saying something about being right by virtue of less experience. What the hell does more or less experience have to do with being right or even being able to critically observe the situation and make an accurate assessment of the peoples displeasure and the cause of that displeasure??? Matchmaking and RNG NEED too change. They were a great idea when they were created but that was then. This is now..

Edited by Whiskey_Blue, Sep 16 2014 - 08:22.

Driftin #59 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 08:42

Major

• Players
  • 27239 battles
  • [X-MEN] X-MEN
Today was the last straw for me. Tags dropped and game uninstalled. Between RNG, lopsided games nonstop, and WG's crap. I am out after 3 years...I don't expect anyone to care really, just figured I'd add one more long term player gone to the list.

jkk101 #60 Posted Sep 16 2014 - 10:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13891 battles

View PostMichiganMike, on Sep 16 2014 - 03:19, said:

Having read Fox_Trax's comments, I believe that playing WoT is rather like being caught in a bad relationship. She (WoT) promises to be fun and easy ("Play for free."). And everything is so exciting at first. You are thrilled with your new love. So, you put more and more time into the relationship.

And she demands more and more of your time. But you realize you aren't having the fun you thought you would. She isn't nearly as easy as she seemed to promised. You try again and again, and you aren't getting any ....wins. Your stats are lousy. You feel bad. No matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to please her. Her love is conditional.

But she promises that if you give just a little more - study the game mechanics, study the maps, buy the top gun and turret, move up to that heavy in the next tier - - - THEN the old magic will return.

But it doesn't. Each new investment gives only fleeting and unfulfilling satisfaction. And slowly you begin to realize that your life has been consumed by chasing the unattainable. She (WoT) will never give you the joy you sought. She will always be witholding and unattainable.

What to do? Consider the words of Fire _ Trax: "Then I quit because I dumped that witch and had a social life again."

I haven't played a singe game today. I went to a rifle range out the country. Had it all to myself. The weather was cool and damp. I brought along good cup of coffee and a sandwich. I tested four new loads I developed for my Ruger 77 7mm-08. I found it liked 28 grains of Alliant MR 2000 behind a hand cast 180 grain bullet. I cast my own bullets using a 50-50 mix of Linotype and wheel weights. It was all very satisfying. After that, I stopped a  little Mexican restaurant and enjoyed a chicken enchilada, beans and rice.

A good time was had by all.

MichiganMike

Your right Mike for me this game can be very fustrating at times and i have been playing less and less of it .I have a life and im sick of the grind everything is a tedious grind with this game .A game is supposed to be fun not fustarting and this game is seriously becoming more like work then play for me.I want to play my E75 and E100 and grind to the IS-7 but with no credit income how can i ?The E75 and E100 on a bad game can cost 36,000 credits just to repair and even with a good game you make next to  nothing in return with them.I decided to go back and focus on the lower tier tanks tiger 1,T-150 and KV-1S but find that credits are becoming harder and harder to earn .I been playing the tiger 1 alot latly and doing exceedingly well master badges 1,2 and 3 70% of time times been doing this for a good week now and have made maybe 700,000 credits that means i can grind for 2 or 3 months like this to buy the IS-7 and add another 2 or 3 months just to grind it past stock .No sir WOT i have a life i have a job kids and better things to do then waste it away on you my friend.Just to goto a battle where one team has 60% ers and be on a team with 45% ers plus a 2 tier gap is just stupid to me .I'm with you mike got me a 30.06 wincheaster model 70 this summer gonna pratice get ready for dear hunting spend time with my family and i will still work in a game or 2 here and there.But yeah WOT i'm done with your grind  your fustartion if you can't give me fun what good are you?I play games to have fun not be fustarted and have lopsided team after lopsided team tossed at me with a 2 tier spread on top  with very little to no credit gain .

Edited by jkk101, Sep 16 2014 - 10:09.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users