how many thinking of quitting?

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

782GearUSMC #401 Posted Dec 10 2016 - 18:07

Major

• Players
  • 28284 battles

Although I still play, I quit a long time ago. Makes no sense? :)

I am not into stats. Although I might, I overall care nothing about moving up tiers, nor do I care about acquiring the armor that everyone just has to have. I will contribute to team-effort but in my way and not as others believe I should. My primary interest is just acquiring credits to experiment with certain armor and equipment and looking (experimenting) for the best strategic spots on the maps. Win, lose, c'est la vie, it's a fantasy game.

Sometimes my finger hovers over the "connect" icon and then back off and not play. Sometimes I will play a couple of battles and then disconnect. There is nothing about the game that is so great as to get deeply involved. There are as many bad players in the higher tiers as there are in the lower tiers. Basically, the pub is nothing more than a grab-a$$ free for all with the majority of players running around like they are in a Go-kart, and playing, tag.

Steamboat_Willy_Sr #402 Posted Dec 10 2016 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 41255 battles
  • [FTRP] FTRP
This game has gone from a primary source of internet entertainment to a secondary, maybe worse.  It's fun for a game or two now and then, but inevitably a bad match up or bad RNG turns fun into frustration.  For me, there are no goals good enough to press on through the frustration aside from an occasional event/special for something I want, and those are becoming fewer.

Blackhorse_Three_ #403 Posted Dec 10 2016 - 18:56

Captain

• Players
  • 6629 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

The game has become a victim of it's own popularity.

The history-conscious grogards have all but died-off, and have been replaced with console-twitchers who do not care.

Overall toxicity is a contributing factor - Sure, I could turn all that off and not come to the forum, but all that should be part of the ... [flagging] game experience

View PostScanjoon, on Dec 10 2016 - 12:07, said:

There are as many bad players in the higher tiers as there are in the lower tiers. Basically, the pub is nothing more than a grab-a$$ free for all with the majority of players running around like they are in a Go-kart and playing tag.

Excellent summary - and I don't care who doesn't like to hear it, but alot of folks who desperately need their own server in Rio are a significant part of that. There are only a few players on the NA server who see it, and fewer yet who are willing to say so.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #404 Posted Dec 12 2016 - 21:53

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postdeadizdead, on Dec 09 2016 - 20:56, said:

To be honest it is one of the only games like this i have gotten my dad into, and it is fun to play with him.

^..See, that's the spirit!  :rolleyes:

View PostArteei, on Dec 09 2016 - 21:26, said:

my premium time just ran out and i dont know yet whether i will be taking a break or something more permanent but some things would need to change for me to regain interest enough to pay for more tanks or time. i do find it interesting all the new premiums i have been seeing lately and thinking what a big investment that is and if i regret buying the tanks and time i bought. I wish you all the best if i dont see you guys in game for awhile. 

^..Here's a quick question for you {and hopefully I can still catch you before you go}...:unsure:

*If Wargaming.net gave you one free 'superly awesome hall pass' to change one major aspect of the game...what would it be..? But remember, you would only have the power to change one thing...so, what would it be..? Let me know...

This would be mine, by the way:

Baaldor #405 Posted Dec 12 2016 - 21:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9827 battles

View Postjkk101, on Sep 14 2014 - 20:59, said:

So last couple of days been seeing players post that they are quitting. I was wondering how many have been thinking of or been close to quitting? I know the game is tough when you first start and it takes a long time to get better and I was wondering how many new players are being lost. I believe a lot are leaving due to the 2 tier spread and poor MM I.E putting 50% WR players on one team and 40% WR players on the other. I would like to see just how many are leaving WG has to know not that we will get the true numbers here because most new players probably don't even come on the forums. 

What?

I don't see an issue, i see an even spread of 40% rs, taters like myself, and then the peeps that play well. So, the only ones I really see complaining about tier spreads are teh ones in light tanks, and they have a lot more games than I. 

Firmitatis_robore #406 Posted Dec 12 2016 - 22:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39677 battles
  • [GWT] GWT

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 12 2016 - 20:53, said:

^..See, that's the spirit!  :rolleyes:

^..Here's a quick question for you {and hopefully I can still catch you before you go}...:unsure:

*If Wargaming.net gave you one free 'superly awesome hall pass' to change one major aspect of the game...what would it be..? But remember, you would only have the power to change one thing...so, what would it be..? Let me know...

This would be mine, by the way:

honestly the one thing i would change is spgs wouldnt be able to hit for any more than 3-500 damage, and that is if there is no buff to reload or accuracy. But after seeing the changes coming next patch and 0 attempt to fix any real issues i dont think they pay attention to the forums other than to lock them if we argue too much. I have stopped paying for anything to do with this game, unfollowed everyone on Twitch that streams it, and unsubbed from everyone on Youtube that has WoT content and this is not to try to force a change but i would rather forget this game exists than keep hoping for positive change that is never coming. Like the spgs like to repeat "just deal with it" so that is what i am doing. If you are ok with how things are and willing to spend real money on it then to each their own but as for me I'm not.  Best of luck to all of you and merry Christmas. 

awildseaking #407 Posted Dec 13 2016 - 00:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13337 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

I like the gameplay enough not to, but my play is rather streaky because I'm at arguably the worst tiers to be right now: 5-7. There just aren't enough players in the 3-7 range to get top tier. I'm almost always bottom tier, which really doesn't help when I don't even have my first skill in a t6 med crew going against t8 credit grinders with 3 skill crews. Playing in a 1 skill BP against t9s is downright painful, but this tank could be a lot of fun if it faced t5 more than 10% of the time.

I really do enjoy playing my t8 prems though. When the game is balanced, it's actually quite fun!

Edited by awildseaking, Dec 13 2016 - 00:45.

Nis #408 Posted Dec 13 2016 - 01:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10161 battles
 Sure am not putting anymore $ in to this

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #409 Posted Dec 14 2016 - 10:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24685 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR
I did quit for 2 month im back

OXEN_HeavyGUN #410 Posted Dec 14 2016 - 10:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39311 battles
  • [VML] VML

i quit for awhile when they pulled the wt-100 out of the game. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

got back in . 

---------------------------------------------

#1 one complaint i have for this game is RNG. the firing system on this game drives me nuts. absolutely bonkers. getting random 100-500% shell drift hitting dirt on under 200 meeter shots on a a 7ft tall target ....... then you compensate and guss what. now your shooting high like you didn't even aim. i have a good hit rate . i Hate missing . RNG is to save NOOBS . with the matches being randomly picked , and skill per team being lopsided which i understand can happen if we are all picked at random. last thing we need is some program helping us die and miss shots. guns don't fire like this. GIVE US WINDAGE , DIRECTION AND WIND SPEED LET US COMPENSATE OUR SELVES PLEASE> make the firing system completely manual and id be happy camper. let me or us all adjust our Minutes of angle / distance compensation for drift / shell drop expectancy. tell us if the bore is left twist or right or smooth, leave rng for auto locking shots. when i aim i want it to be all me . 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm just bidding my time till i come crossed another game to binge on. an the firing system is something i can agree with the ballistics of. when i go do range time and competition shooting. my guns don't randomly generate some variance. if i miss and get a poor score it was on me  ....... 

been looking at eve real hard. mite just bite the bullet and give it ago. if my last game played was along time ago. you know what happen . i couldn't choke down anymore rng and i found a new game. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this games big and i dont think it will fail. but other epic games have had mass exodus in the past and have been left limping till they slowly died off. some times developers make changes and dont listen, to the populous and it leaves. at that point they have to either try and compromise or find a way to reinvigorate love for the game. i kind of want WG to find a way to reinvigorate my love for what has been my most favorite game to-date . open world ares would be cool, a paint shop, a personal icon making shop like in armored cored , maybe a shooting gallery. small cities , possibly drive a small shop truck to go get your new tank parts if you want . a online pub area . build a sim drive to town and go chat and play board games/ meet people. just ideas . have a truck for taking delivery of a tank . maybe drive around town with one a trailer like some hillbilly with quads. heck i am down for what ever lol. just add stuff more maps. 

lonezewolf #411 Posted Dec 14 2016 - 11:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15300 battles
  • [PTON] PTON

My opinion is this, World of tanks the game itself can be very fun but every game has it disadvantages. After awhile it gets tiring. And the frustration comes to play. There's plenty of reasons why a lot of people stopped playing. Reason listed below.

Lag, Chat Spam, Team mates giving away positions, Bullies, And people will just shoot you. There's plenty more but you get the idea.

When i first started playing wot i was new to everything. Did i die a lot? (Yes). But kept playing.... A year or two down the road i been attacked by a few unicorns who i (Managed to destroy) and they started attacking my stats.

I had received many mean and unpleasant comments about how bad i play... There's been a lot of things that happen though out my World of tanks career.

I invested 50$ into this game, and invested 13k battles as well. I don't play often I hardly play at all to be honest. Stopped mainly playing due to (Lag) And the game just gets (Boring)

People in tier 4's Spamming gold till Kingdom come. Its getting upsetting to play (For me). What's killing the game, Could be the MM... But i wont blame the MM. (What doesn't kill you makes you stronger). 

Therefore i would probably blame the people who like to use stats to justify themselves as being better than you. I turned my chat off, I would probably turn it on here and their, but the toxicness of the of the players themselves kills it for me. 

Will i keep playing this Dying server... (Probably) I invested a lot of time into this game, own a small clan, got kicked out by multible clans cause i wouldn't use TS (Teamspeak). There's a lot of good people on WOT, who just want to play and enjoy the game, then you have those who take the game a bit too seriously. Whichever is the case. 

Edited by lonezewolf, Dec 14 2016 - 11:48.

Sunserrae #412 Posted Dec 14 2016 - 22:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 15962 battles

If you do not enjoy playing/paying for the game just stop. Life is too short to piss away the time you have on this planet being unhappy, when you can control where that time goes. It sounds like you made a sound choice. Bravo.

:trollface:

Digital_Malamute #413 Posted Dec 14 2016 - 23:26

Major

• Players
  • 46759 battles
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP
Every player, relative, friend, friend of friend, clan members, old clan members I've known or referred to the game has stopped playing.  That's around 100 or so with probably 60 being FORMER paying customers.

Botterell #414 Posted Dec 15 2016 - 00:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 19849 battles
I had hoped that the latest update might address the unbalanced teams in games.....my second game in .....15-2....no such luck.  I don't know how much more of this crap I can put up with.....one or two interesting balanced games then a spat of four or five totally one sided (both ways).  Glad I don't spend money on this game.....the developers don't care to listen to anyone when comments are given about the team balance and wonky RNG.  They just want to keep the noobies paying and paying......introducing new tanks at premium prices.  I am not the best wot player and I am not the worst....I play for fun only.....and each day there is less and less of it.  Two more friends quit and uninstalled over the past month...vowing never to come back.  I see it more and more often now.  The game used to be total fun...now almost total frustration.

Sunserrae #415 Posted Dec 15 2016 - 00:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 15962 battles

View PostBotterell, on Dec 14 2016 - 23:04, said:

the developers don't care to listen to anyone when comments are given about the team balance and wonky RNG.  They just want to keep the noobies paying and paying......introducing new tanks at premium prices. 

They are a business not a gamers Utopian dream. Making money is their end goal. 

:trollface:

RenamedUser_1023481477 #416 Posted Dec 15 2016 - 00:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 559 battles
I have been trying to quit since I was 15........the longest I have gone was a month but it was too much to take....I was ________ in my pants just watching the neighbors female beagle saunter across the back yard. 

Botterell #417 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 21:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 19849 battles
I recently turned team chat off....makes for a more fun gaming experience.  There is always someone telling you how to play and with the chat off....its nice to just play the game and forget about the constant mud slinging by some players.

Botterell #418 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 21:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 19849 battles
The reason I turned the chat off: I had one player being an [edited]by telling everyone that the random games should be for serious paying players only and those people wanting to have FUN should consider other games or a different server.  The last dozen games have been one sided as always...but at least I dont have to put up with the [edited]comments from some players.

CavScout19D #419 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 24434 battles

View PostBotterell, on Dec 22 2016 - 15:42, said:

I recently turned team chat off....makes for a more fun gaming experience.  There is always someone telling you how to play and with the chat off....its nice to just play the game and forget about the constant mud slinging by some players.

Perhaps some of these folks could actually help you. 

jamesdoz #420 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 39320 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX
I think a lot of people don't quit because they either Spent a lot of Time or money , or both and they don't want to see both go to waste , My 2 cents

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users