how many thinking of quitting?

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

Flarvin #421 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 22:18

Major

• Players
  • 54040 battles

View Postjamesdoz, on Dec 22 2016 - 16:14, said:

I think a lot of people don't quit because they either Spent a lot of Time or money , or both and they don't want to see both go to waste , My 2 cents

So they continue to waste time and money on a game they no longer care for. Just because they wasted time and money in the past on it? 

Probably true, but odd. 

Botterell #422 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 22:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 19849 battles

View PostCavScout19D, on Dec 22 2016 - 21:00, said:

Perhaps some of these folks could actually help you. 

Not with their attitude..... they were venting and blaming other players for the loss in the game.  Its never the fault of the person venting always the fault of other players.

slaughterz #423 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 23:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19143 battles
  • [CHAPY] CHAPY

View PostShadowcat20, on Sep 14 2014 - 23:37, said:

Still enjoy it, but am too old to measure my worth by a vidio game score.

Agreed.

My win rate is 100% satisfaction listening to all these guys whine about not affording premium tanks. priceless indeed.

Bloodscourge #424 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 23:14

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 40017 battles
  • [--DRB] --DRB

<--- Wallet Warrior!

Wallet Warrior's unite!

Speaking of which I was MOST pleased that the new top of the German line is a VK72.01....It's been killing me for years I couldn't buy one ;p

Edited by Bloodscourge, Dec 22 2016 - 23:16.

Highrollz #425 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 23:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 51672 battles
  • [RS] RS
There has never been a game created that does not have a beginning or an end, time conquers all. I think the process has been sped up due to the lack of player involvement in improving the game with WG. In the end there is not a game if people do not to play it. With that being said even at the very least if player suggestions were not working it would still be drawing them into play to continue moving in a direction that might help both parties. The sad thing is, these forums have tons of thoughts in them on this game, tons of ideas and tons of issues that could and can be resolved. It does no one any good if the the developer wants no part in growing by the players that feed them. My one biggest gripe is the map rotation. Its sad, abysmal and disappointing. I can't even pretend to get excited about a map I've played thousands of times. Which for the most part they are designed to funnel tank types in certain areas. Wash, rinse , repeat. blah blah blah

Botterell #426 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 23:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 19849 battles
There are many inherent flaws in wot...not the least of which is MM.  Matchmaking is horrid at best....unless it is the intention of wot to keep most players hovering around the 50% win rate...it does this job quite well...but at the expense of good gaming...instead you have one team playing aggressively with ridiculously speedy tanks....that are able to hit you when traveling full speed over hills.....I could go on and on....but everyone knows what wot is like to play......at least in the random matches.  Do game developers read the forums for ideas and critiques.....I doubt it.  I think they create the forum for players to vent to other players...all the while counting their dollars as newbies and purists purchase tanks in the hope of finding the perfect balance between longevity, speed and killing power.  Sadly I don't think the perfect tank exists.....I watch people driving the OI....straight into the thick of battle....taking a pounding and being able to one shot most tanks....no skill required.

Flarvin #427 Posted Dec 22 2016 - 23:59

Major

• Players
  • 54040 battles

View PostBotterell, on Dec 22 2016 - 17:52, said:

There are many inherent flaws in wot...not the least of which is MM.  Matchmaking is horrid at best....unless it is the intention of wot to keep most players hovering around the 50% win rate...it does this job quite well...but at the expense of good gaming...instead you have one team playing aggressively with ridiculously speedy tanks....that are able to hit you when traveling full speed over hills.....I could go on and on....but everyone knows what wot is like to play......at least in the random matches.  Do game developers read the forums for ideas and critiques.....I doubt it.  I think they create the forum for players to vent to other players...all the while counting their dollars as newbies and purists purchase tanks in the hope of finding the perfect balance between longevity, speed and killing power.  Sadly I don't think the perfect tank exists.....I watch people driving the OI....straight into the thick of battle....taking a pounding and being able to one shot most tanks....no skill required.

Its the 15v15 random teams format that keeps players' WR around 50%.

A single player can only carry so much on a team of 15. Also a single player can be carried easier on a team of 15. 

Botterell #428 Posted Dec 23 2016 - 00:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 19849 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Dec 22 2016 - 22:59, said:

Its the 15v15 random teams format that keeps players' WR around 50%.

A single player can only carry so much on a team of 15. Also a single player can be carried easier on a team of 15. 

How do you account then for 15-2 victories time and time again?

Flarvin #429 Posted Dec 23 2016 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 54040 battles

View PostBotterell, on Dec 22 2016 - 18:04, said:

How do you account then for 15-2 victories time and time again?

Snowball effect. 

A game with no respawns; means when one side goes up one tank, it is easier for them to get another kill. Due to having more guns still active. 

Think of a team sport, where one team scores. The other also permanently loses a player from the game. Down a player will make it easier for the other team score again, and then your team will lose another player. There would be a lot more blow outs if any team sport played with that format.  

Botterell #430 Posted Dec 24 2016 - 16:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 19849 battles

today:

four losses, 15-4, 15-3, 13-2, 15-0

seems to be the norm now.....so frustrating.....no matter how well I play ....MM seems to be against me the majority of the time.  I hate this [edited]match making.....a monkey selecting teams would be better balanced than this (B....S).

Botterell #431 Posted Dec 24 2016 - 16:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 19849 battles
Now loss 15-7....I was top scorer...didn't matter....such B...S should not happen if the teams were randomly matched...which they are not. Its either RNG or MM which determines if a shot will go wild or the hit will cause little or no damage.  And no I am not angry because of the loss.....the game is pointless to play 50% of the time because no matter how well you play....the team you are on will lose the game. Maybe people who pay real money for their tanks and spend real money on gold have better winning streaks? Please let me know if you do.

CrankyOldYank #432 Posted Dec 24 2016 - 17:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 61681 battles
  • [S0R] S0R

View PostBotterell, on Dec 24 2016 - 10:46, said:

Now loss 15-7....I was top scorer...didn't matter....such B...S should not happen if the teams were randomly matched...which they are not. Its either RNG or MM which determines if a shot will go wild or the hit will cause little or no damage.  And no I am not angry because of the loss.....the game is pointless to play 50% of the time because no matter how well you play....the team you are on will lose the game. Maybe people who pay real money for their tanks and spend real money on gold have better winning streaks? Please let me know if you do.

No. I spend more money than anyone and have my "great WN8 but loss" games too. Sometimes three or four days at a time I can't get ahead of the 48% curve. I also have my crap WN8 wins. Usually not as often, but they do happen. Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

Bobomite #433 Posted Dec 24 2016 - 19:07

Captain

• Players
  • 19198 battles
  • [BOBO] BOBO

I have stepped away for a while at times, but never quit.  I tried the other 2 tank games out there and to be honest I find the core experience of driving a tank more satisfying in WoT.  I will still play them occasionally, even.

Yea all the WoT flaws (arty, pay to win premiums, seal clubbers, crappy corridor and tiny maps) annoy me.  But at the end of the day I just like driving a tank around and blowing stuff up.

I really wish they would make more natural terrain maps and also stop screwing up every new game mode.  

I had great hopes for historical battles but I cannot imagine a worse way to do it than how they built that out.  Oh yea then challenge or national mode... that stupid carry the flag game, the horrific rampage mode...  Wow they have wasted a ton of resources making terrible game modes now that I think on it...

Plus all the april fools and goofy game modes.  Soccer... Racing... Probably a few more I forgot over time... ugh.....

I don't know why they cannot just stick to the basics and make more maps that actually resemble something 30 tanks might battle on.

I suppose it's probably a miracle they haven't messed up the core mechanics of actually driving around and shooting.

Urabouttudie #434 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 00:08

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

Thinking of quitting? HHhhmmm...as soon as another game comes along that catches my attention for  5 minutes I'm out of here...

as for quitting...I stopped giving money to this company simply based upon principle a very long time ago.

...not that A game isn't worth spending money on...just not this game, at this time.

Botterell #435 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 19:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 19849 battles
Why aren't people who use aimbots banned from wot....or any other enhancement that gives them the advantage when playing?

FluffyBadBad #436 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 20:45

Captain

• Players
  • 29431 battles

i quit a couple years ago. just logged in to see if there was a free tank for x-mas.

just premium discounts that aren't all that good...

MedioMorde #437 Posted Dec 25 2016 - 22:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11467 battles
  • [B4D] B4D
I have quit this game like 10 times. I come back because I forget how bad MM, Arty, and most incoming WG changes are (thinking the changes will be good). Then I play for a couple days.. get one shot by arty like 4 times in a row, and quit. Yeah, but what choice do we have. There isn't really anything that compares in terms of gameplay and graphics, WoT has a grit to it that gives you a warm and fuzzy.

Edited by MedioMorde, Dec 25 2016 - 22:54.

MountainLion1 #438 Posted Dec 26 2016 - 00:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24613 battles
I still really enjoy this game a lot, my grown son and I platoon when we can. He is just coming back from a 3 month break from WOT. He gets so frustrated with the terrible MM that seems to have the battle decided before it even starts. We have both invested a lot money into this game with the purchase of premium accounts and buying numerous premium tanks. If he decides to go to play other games and drops out of WOT I guess I will be leaving as well, it wouldn't be the same playing without him. I can tell by reading the forum that there are a lot other players that feel the same way that he does. I hope things truly change in the near future because I do really enjoy playing this game with my son.  

Edited by MountainLion1, Dec 26 2016 - 00:26.

GRUMPY__reaper #439 Posted Dec 26 2016 - 04:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 33121 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
I quit every dam night.... Some nights earlier than others....MM usually cause's the later

Edited by GADOLINIUM_reaper, Dec 26 2016 - 04:08.

ledhed14 #440 Posted Dec 26 2016 - 12:59

Major

• Players
  • 14421 battles
  • [_SOA_] _SOA_
I thought the update would have me playing , but nope I am still only messing around . You lose so much skill not playing much , it makes already bad MM and blowouts just worse. This game is very HARD to jump back into . For now I see NOTHING , motivating . So many other games just gave " missing parts " you want here . All this being said it is still the best Tank game . Just missing reasons to keep playing it .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users