an Arty tip

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

YusefAdama #1 Posted May 19 2011 - 23:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15764 battles
I see people talking about lack of arty penetration on the front/glacis of Bigger tanks, etc.here's the answer
Aim for the engine Behind the turret, the more your reticul is oblong, hang that center dot just behind the tank and lay your cross hairs on the turret,good chance for a one shot.
If your ret is round, lay that dot right on the engine and watch it burn!(if you happen to actually hit the target),
just my 2c,
Bob
I forgot the whole premise! Don't TRY for a frontal shot, hit the engine, if your off you may still hit the front, but you may seriously  damage that tank,
B

Bucktard #2 Posted May 19 2011 - 23:47

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 38664 battles
  • [BETAS] BETAS

View PostYrgalTidge, on May 19 2011 - 23:34, said:

I see people talking about lack of arty penetration on the front/glacis of Bigger tanks, etc.here's the answer
Aim for the engine Behind the turret, the more your reticul is oblong, hang that center dot just behind the tank and lay your cross hairs on the turret,good chance for a one shot.
If your ret is round, lay that dot right on the engine and watch it burn!(if you happen to actually hit the target),
just my 2c,
Bob
I forgot the whole premise! Don't TRY for a frontal shot, hit the engine, if your off you may still hit the front, but you may seriously  damage that tank,
B

If your crew is trained good this may help,but if they are not trained well,unless you hold on a stable ring,any hit you get is a good one. I can nail em on the run but I played arty all through beta.You get a feel for it after awhile.

YusefAdama #3 Posted May 20 2011 - 01:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15764 battles
I posted in the newcomers forum for a reason,:)
Bob

andyraptor #4 Posted May 20 2011 - 04:40

Major

• Players
  • 40056 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostYrgalTidge, on May 19 2011 - 23:34, said:

just my 2c,
Bob
B

+1

thanks for the advice :)

Although I have quite a good run of battles with heavies and meds I've only just started playing with arty (long M3 grind for my sins!!)
and I'll put this reticle advise into practice shortly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users