Movement bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

mocs #1 Posted May 20 2011 - 00:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16062 battles
  • [TDC-H] TDC-H
On two occasions, I have entered the game and the tank immediately begins moving forward.  I can move the turret, but I cannot change direction or speed.  I move forward until I hit something impassable, then wait to die.  

I have seen this happen to one other player as well, and confirmed via chat that his symptoms were the same.

This has only happened to me twice, both have been since the recent upgrade, both were on different maps.  I thought it was a glitch the first time, the second I started thinking towards a bug, then decided to submit a report after seeing it happen to another player.

I am NOT running a bot of any type, he claimed he was not either

Fihnakis #2 Posted May 20 2011 - 04:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 19049 battles

View Postmocs, on May 20 2011 - 00:01, said:

On two occasions, I have entered the game and the tank immediately begins moving forward.  I can move the turret, but I cannot change direction or speed.  I move forward until I hit something impassable, then wait to die.  

I have seen this happen to one other player as well, and confirmed via chat that his symptoms were the same.

This has only happened to me twice, both have been since the recent upgrade, both were on different maps.  I thought it was a glitch the first time, the second I started thinking towards a bug, then decided to submit a report after seeing it happen to another player.

I am NOT running a bot of any type, he claimed he was not either

I will second this problem. Have had it happen 5 times already in the past 23 matches. Went as far as unplugging KB and plugging it back in but nothing. Was hoping if I exited battle I could reenter but I guess you can't do that :(

But if I exit the battle then join another match in another tank I can move fine.

RayJones #3 Posted May 20 2011 - 22:24

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles
Its due to lag. Had a similar problem post patch. During battle my tank suddenly started moving around in circles as if the right movement key was pressed...but it wasn't.  Trying to fix it  I started randomly pressing the movement keys for a few seconds was finally able to gain control of my tank.  Maybe this temp fix may work for you guys too.

mocs #4 Posted May 24 2011 - 00:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16062 battles
  • [TDC-H] TDC-H

View PostRayJones, on May 20 2011 - 22:24, said:

Its due to lag. Had a similar problem post patch. During battle my tank suddenly started moving around in circles as if the right movement key was pressed...but it wasn't.  Trying to fix it  I started randomly pressing the movement keys for a few seconds was finally able to gain control of my tank.  Maybe this temp fix may work for you guys too.

Can't say it was due to lag... I was at 52ms consistently, didn't have any problems in any previous games, didn't have any problems after, and suffered no effects of lag as far as seeing other tanks "jumping"

Fihnakis #5 Posted May 25 2011 - 02:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 19049 battles
Yeah, it's not lag.

For those experiencing this problem: CTRL and open chat box then escape back out. Fixes it for me every time.

_Doom_Buggy_ #6 Posted May 25 2011 - 19:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 4351 battles
I've been having this same problem recently. Past few days and I would suddenly lose control. Mouse and function keys would work but all letter keys would be numbers. Another odd thing is that if I hit the same key over and over it will increment (ie WWWW will display 1234...hitting wasd will be 1234, etc)
In the past I'd exit the game and reenter the battle - that fixed it every time. Today though nothing is working.

I'm running latest version, no bots and am using Windows 7 64bit on an HP Elitebook 8540w.  This laptop has a full size keyboard so it's not something with the number pad.

Frustrating to be sure...glad it's not just me though.

_Doom_Buggy_ #7 Posted May 25 2011 - 23:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 4351 battles

View PostTurdFerguson, on May 25 2011 - 19:09, said:

I've been having this same problem recently. Past few days and I would suddenly lose control. Mouse and function keys would work but all letter keys would be numbers. Another odd thing is that if I hit the same key over and over it will increment (ie WWWW will display 1234...hitting wasd will be 1234, etc)
In the past I'd exit the game and reenter the battle - that fixed it every time. Today though nothing is working.

I'm running latest version, no bots and am using Windows 7 64bit on an HP Elitebook 8540w.  This laptop has a full size keyboard so it's not something with the number pad.

Frustrating to be sure...glad it's not just me though.

Okay...bit more data. Just reinstalled the client and still having the issue.  When I start the game and the garage loads, I'll go into the settings and check my movement settings. The keyboard is working fine at this point because I can see the letters as I enter them.

I enter a battle and immediately check the settings. I still enter text as text.  Now when the counter hits zero and the game starts, my tank goes immediately straight forward. Checking settings and now all my letter keys are being input as numbers. The function keys work, shift keys, alt, ctrl and esc all work fine. Going into chat and text is working fine.

One last thing to try - going to reinstall and not use my colorblind mod. I'll post results soon as I have em for others having this issue.

_Doom_Buggy_ #8 Posted May 26 2011 - 04:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 4351 battles

View PostTurdFerguson, on May 25 2011 - 23:48, said:

Okay...bit more data. Just reinstalled the client and still having the issue.  When I start the game and the garage loads, I'll go into the settings and check my movement settings. The keyboard is working fine at this point because I can see the letters as I enter them.

I enter a battle and immediately check the settings. I still enter text as text.  Now when the counter hits zero and the game starts, my tank goes immediately straight forward. Checking settings and now all my letter keys are being input as numbers. The function keys work, shift keys, alt, ctrl and esc all work fine. Going into chat and text is working fine.

One last thing to try - going to reinstall and not use my colorblind mod. I'll post results soon as I have em for others having this issue.

Update for all who may be having this issue. Did a full wipe/reinstall of the client including nuking the WoT game folder and preferences folder. System is running latest version of flash, latest system updates. Still having the issue from a clean install.

Have a post on the bug threads so hopefully the devs will see this and figure out what is going on. I'm not the only one experiencing this so hopefully we'll get some love and have this issue corrected.

Yankeegunner #9 Posted May 28 2011 - 20:16

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 30619 battles
My post on  the same thing  :)

GLAD I am that I'm not the only one!  I thought I was going nuts for awhile.  I've had this happen now a total of 4 times, but *NOT* in the last couple days.  

Thanks to everyone for their answers/help.

_Doom_Buggy_ #10 Posted May 29 2011 - 23:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 4351 battles

View PostYankeegunner, on May 28 2011 - 20:16, said:

My post on  the same thing  :)

GLAD I am that I'm not the only one!  I thought I was going nuts for awhile.  I've had this happen now a total of 4 times, but *NOT* in the last couple days.  

Thanks to everyone for their answers/help.

Hey Yankee,

My ticket is still open, but assigned to someone so hopefully we'll have some kind of fix soon.  As a work around I map my movement keys to my number pad or my arrow keys and that works fine.  I also have to assign my consumables to my function keys. It's a major pain when having to take my fingers off the keys to hit my left shift key (I play SPG and TD mainly)

_Doom_Buggy_ #11 Posted May 30 2011 - 02:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 4351 battles
Posting here in hopes it will help others. Long story short, I found the issue and have verified it is corrected.

My Internet provider is Xfinity (used to be Comcast) I had recently upgraded my AV software from them, but this time it installed a master suite called "Constant Guard" which includes another application called "GuardedID".

Uninstalling GuardedID corrected the issue.

mocs #12 Posted May 31 2011 - 06:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16062 battles
  • [TDC-H] TDC-H
I use XFinity as well, but I use Avast... that ain't the issue (unless it is MORE than just that)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users