New Clan Positions

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

OSC_Wolf #61 Posted Sep 20 2014 - 23:33

Private

• Players
  • 11640 battles

View PostBlackhorse_Six, on Sep 19 2014 - 18:44, said:

Well, We did, sort of, but we wanted other, optional, position titles like "XO", "Cadre", "Battle Captain" and "Trooper" to mesh with the Army/Cav theme ...

One of us might even have advocated the standard US Army abbreviations for battalion/squadron staff positions:  S-1, S-2, S-3, S-4, S-5

No Blackhorse has ever been listed as a "Recruit" any longer than it took to change it to "Soldier" (Trooper).

So far as the game titles go, it always seemed more logical to apply the term "TC" or "Tank Commander" to everyone who was not otherwise slotted in a "Leadership" position.

After all, every player is his own Tank Commander ... it only makes sense ...

Why Army?   Use Marine Corps standards.........

:)

stagnate #62 Posted Sep 20 2014 - 23:38

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 36506 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

The one possible improvement would have been expanding the rank of who can activate stronghold resources.  The quartermaster position seems ideal (since it already deals with gold) at the very least.

All this work and that was not part of the update.

Tevix #63 Posted Sep 21 2014 - 00:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 41613 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
So a personal/combat officer can demote themselves to Quartermaster and empty the clan treasury and leave the clan?  To stop this the Quartermaster position should move above these two ranks to prevent this from happening.  Only Commander/Dep Commander should be able to access the treasury position.

RobertViktor68 #64 Posted Sep 21 2014 - 08:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 56903 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

View PostPrototypePegasus, on Sep 19 2014 - 14:01, said:

Another redundant and pointless change. Just like your new game mode for chaffee racing, a pointless waste of time. Doesn't the company have anything better to do? Like Finnish your HD textures that killed my laptop. Or Making more maps into 3 firing lanes, and exorcising deforestation skills?

Commander

• Modify Clan data and settings

Executive Officer

Oh hell no... Modify clan data and setting had better not include changing clan names, tags, description in the portal, map color.

If it does I foresee many smaller clan dep coms backstabbing their CO's and changing the names to better suit themselves.

I wan't an answer on this PM'd to me.

These new ranks, pointless. The current system works fine and there is no need to change it. If you were to dumb to figure out how to run an alright / ok sometimes clan ( see HT for example ) with the current ones, this new setup will only make it worse.

Also the term "Private" for the men/women in your clan that might have been there for years as just a soldier....that sounds like a downgrade, and honestly it's a bit insulting.

oh Proto.... Chaffe races will be fun.

Master_Scrub #65 Posted Sep 21 2014 - 16:03

First lieutenant

• Veteran Testers
  • 47477 battles
  • [RS] RS

View Postcctank1, on Sep 20 2014 - 16:53, said:

Will executive officers be able to manage strongholds?

Because reading is hard...

Blackhorse_Six_ #66 Posted Sep 21 2014 - 17:20

Major

• Players
  • 48160 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostOSC_Wolf, on Sep 20 2014 - 18:33, said:

Why Army?   Use Marine Corps standards ... :)

Pretty much the same, except where the USMC applies the term Tank Leader ...

Tank Leader = First Sergeant in a USMC tank company ...

Blackhorse_Six_ #67 Posted Sep 21 2014 - 18:17

Major

• Players
  • 48160 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostMoguai, on Sep 20 2014 - 16:03, said:

How about just allowing commanders to assign permissions to the ranks as they see fit?

This is the best solution.

All of the Leadership positions require the Commander's trust ...

It only takes one guy to screw it up ...

(+1)

Piper_VGL #68 Posted Sep 22 2014 - 18:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24247 battles

Junior Officer's should have the minimap display a random map that does NOT match the current map.

LIMA LIMA MIKE FOXTROT

Ironhand3 #69 Posted Sep 23 2014 - 15:27

Captain

• Players
  • 41412 battles
  • [ARMG] ARMG
I like the new positions but you still missed one an important one we need a training officer position. 

had111 #70 Posted Sep 23 2014 - 16:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 23353 battles
  • [HAFR] HAFR

View PostPrototypePegasus, on Sep 19 2014 - 15:01, said:

Another redundant and pointless change. Just like your new game mode for chaffee racing, a pointless waste of time. Doesn't the company have anything better to do? Like Finnish your HD textures that killed my laptop. Or Making more maps into 3 firing lanes, and exorcising deforestation skills?

Commander

Executive Officer

Oh hell no... Modify clan data and setting had better not include changing clan names, tags, description in the portal, map color.

If it does I foresee many smaller clan dep coms backstabbing their CO's and changing the names to better suit themselves.

I wan't an answer on this PM'd to me.

I completely agree with this. I saw in the past when DC kick more then 70 players from the clan and open his own clan, imagine what they can do with this option.

This option must be removed for Executive Officer. If not commanders should demote all Executive Officer's in the clan, unless you have person of trust. Or you can make an option where commander can chose which  executive officer can have this option.

About allocate gold leave that to quartermaster and commander only but you should allow executive officers even personal officers to be able to see treasury log.

Personal officer should have more options regarding strongholds.

I thought that whole purpose of this new positions is stronghold but i guess i was wrong. So WG think about it.

twofourcharlie #71 Posted Sep 23 2014 - 17:19

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 90553 battles
  • [CARD] CARD

I agree with Black horse six , with some variations  tho , I would like to see an option to adapt to  other countries armoured structures, as in say ....The British /Canadian system  where they have Regiments , Squadrons , Troops , and Patrols , so that the clan may adopt a system that may suit the clans THEME better. you could also include  OrBats ( Order of battle ) to suit other countries hierarchies as well.At the risk of over complicating things, I would like to see  a Regimental Commander, Squadron Commanders , Troop, and Patrol Leaders, along with suitable Sergeants Majors,Troopers, Battle Captain,Adjutant, etc .... that could be added/modified by a clan leader, or his deputy as the see fits the clan personality. Responsiblaties for the assortment of clan management functions would then be designated by the clan commander to an officer of his choosing based on that persons capabilities and skill sets .

Sorry about being so long worded (?) on this subject ....

24C out

HappyAuer #72 Posted Sep 23 2014 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 15078 battles

Honestly the only thing broken was when they took the recruiters ability to kick players from the clan.

GG WG Fixing things that weren't broken since 2010

t42592 #73 Posted Sep 24 2014 - 19:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 21298 battles

View PostContent_WG, on Sep 19 2014 - 09:36, said:

Changes are coming to the positions within a Clan in Update 9.3!

Full news text

Note: As Strongholds continues to improve and add new features, they will be added to this table in the future.

Note 2: Even though the permissions for it are present on this table, we currently have no intention of activating the "Subversions" feature on the Global Map on the NA server.

Why do you suppose your reputation is in a free fall state? 

As an officer in SSGS, one of our concerns is the value of our members, how they perceive themselves as an integral part of the community.  They are soldiers, and as such, the title projects the professional state of someone in a soldiering capacity.

But for some reason, Wargaming.net wants to remove the value-oriented title of our soldiers, and call them privates.  Well, for our clan, this is a slap in the face, and while we have no control of how Wargaming.net makes creative decisions, this change is simply ignorant and devoid of being sensitive to the fans, let alone the people that value their capacity.

Effectively, the membership of all players that wore the 'soldier' icon, have been degraded to a rank, rather than a fighting member of a cohesive team.  Private denotes noob, or otherwise, no value to the organization.

We at SSGS do not affiliate with ranks, as such our community is not rank-oriented, and so everyone shows up as a soldier, whether they lead the battle, or follow the strats as a soldier.

(-1)

Maybe when the negative reputation dips below 10,000, Wargaming.net will recognize how insensitive, demoralizing, and unnecessary this change is.

This creative decision is not in the best interest of the fans, nor the community, and I would strongly recommend this be addressed, and remove the degrading our 'soldiers' to 'privates'.

Edited by t42592, Sep 24 2014 - 19:18.

PRG #74 Posted Sep 25 2014 - 01:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20437 battles

I don't understand why "soldier" was changed to "private." It makes the nomenclature inconsistent.  The other positions are named by function rather than rank. "Soldier" would be appropriate. 

I don't see the point in the reservist rank. Couldn't WG done something useful with a reservist rank?  Perhaps, be able to have a certain number of reservist slots over the 100 limit, but they're not eligible for clan wars, (perhaps skirmishes as well,) and there's a hefty cool down period for switching to and from reservist rank.  It would allow clans to not need to kick out a well respected clan mate that doesn't have the time currently. Then, the clan mate that's short on time isn't going to get harassed by recruiters from other clans, wasting both the recruiter and players time. Also, it would allow a clan to nurture newer player along, thereby helping improve the quality of the player base.  

Tedster_ #75 Posted Sep 25 2014 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 41515 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
what are the permissions regarding "attack another clan's stronghold" and "set time stronghold can be attacked"?

Unknown0ne #76 Posted Sep 26 2014 - 01:36

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29161 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

After doing some testing, it seems that Personnel Officer is effectively useless in its stated goal as they can simply demote themselves to quartermaster and clean out the treasury (as suspected). Sure, they can't then promote themselves back up,but with the clan treasury log it isn't like someone can be sneaky about it anyway.

Combat Officer on the other hand appears to be much more restricted in the assignment of roles, only able to set Junior Officer and below it seems.

Intelligence Officer (the old diplomat) can (apparently) move chips on the clan wars map, but can't actually manage agents. This may be because the CW map is frozen, but it seems to be updating fine in terms of permissions.

SavageSilhouette #77 Posted Sep 30 2014 - 18:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 775 battles
  • [LKZ] LKZ

I have one serious question.

Due to the fact that Personnel officers can change other players ranks, what is stopping them from bringing another account into the clan, promoting them to executive officer, and then changing the clans data/name/tag/info from that account?

Or even just modifying their own positions?

Despite not being able to play very much thanks to two jobs I would be very dissatisfied if the LKZ information was changed behind my back, and should that ever happen I will be sending a support ticket demanding it be changed back. As it will have been their faulty and poorly thought out system that allowed the incident to occur.

And unless you're unemployed you can't run a clan with just recruitment officers and soldiers. So this leaves a possibility gap that I would like closed.

PrototypeRewired #78 Posted Oct 03 2014 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 13420 battles
Someone should probably answer savage, he does have a point.

shnerby #79 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 23:58

Private

• Players
  • 7859 battles
they need a stronghold manager position that doesn't manage clan gold

FranklinXX #80 Posted Dec 30 2014 - 19:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55580 battles
  • [GAZOO] GAZOO

It would be nice if a combat officer could also manage strongholds - not sure that I'd want them to also be a Executive officer ?? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users