Client crash, computer shuts down from shooting in Sniper

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Khan_77 #1 Posted May 20 2011 - 08:52

Private

• Players
  • 6563 battles
So this started after the game came out of beta (all during beta for months never had this issue). My computer is updated as far as Windows Updates and drivers for graphics cards. I also exceed the minimum requirements.

When I zoom in to Sniper mode every now and then (I'd say 2-3 times over a 2 hour play period) the moment I press the mouse to take a shot my computer shuts down. If I zoom out and and use auto-target and shoot I have no issues and can play non-stop. Tried both both running in SLi mode and with only one card. Same result.

Anyone else have this issue or have a clue as to what is up?

SKurj #2 Posted May 20 2011 - 21:34

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13512 battles
Just something to try...  manually set your video card fans to 100% and see if it helps, and/or even open up the case and have a house fan blowing in there.

ottoruge #3 Posted May 21 2011 - 06:20

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
I have the same issue, every one or two hour or so the computer crashes in sniper mode....running a fairly poweful system with GTX 580 in SLI as well as 980 extreme processor....so it should not be the ability of the GPU / PCU which is the issue...anyone with similar experiences?

SKurj #4 Posted May 21 2011 - 21:37

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13512 battles
I'm suggesting that perhaps its heat.. if you are using the stock fan speed curves that comes with your drivers they may not be doing well enough.   Just a suggestion to manually set to a high value and see if the crashes continue.  Sniper mode has always pushed my cards harder than any other in game mode with WoT.

RayJones #5 Posted May 22 2011 - 18:37

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles
Try this plain sniper scope.It increased my FPS during scope mode. Maybe it will solve your problems too. Good Luck :Smile_great:.

Khan_77 #6 Posted May 27 2011 - 06:36

Private

• Players
  • 6563 battles
Will try plain sniper mode. I don't think it's a heat issue as I don't have the sides on either side of my case, I have a standing fan in my game room that blows directly at the tower (and me) and I keep the AC at around 70 degres F. Plus the noraml 4 or 5 tower fans my case has.

k3nnynapalm #7 Posted Jul 21 2011 - 17:25

Private

• Players
  • 341 battles

View PostKhan_77, on May 27 2011 - 06:36, said:

Will try plain sniper mode. I don't think it's a heat issue as I don't have the sides on either side of my case, I have a standing fan in my game room that blows directly at the tower (and me) and I keep the AC at around 70 degres F. Plus the noraml 4 or 5 tower fans my case has.

I have the same issue, but posted under...

http://forum.worldof...-then-with-wot/

I've changed fan settings, graphic quality settings, updated vid card, etc. Other games run more than fine, cept for WOT. I'm starting to think its an installation issue - only because I didnt realzie my buddy installed it on my PC the morning before I installed it myself. ... maybe a conflict? I'll try the uninstall and reinstall.

Out of curiousity, did you uninstall your Beta version before installing this one? I wonder if thats' part of it. A buddy of mine has the same video card as me, and his is working fine. As for overheating, I took a room fan and started blasting it into my PC case, and it still shut down.

Hope this info helps... let me know if you found anything, and I'll let you know how my reinstall goes when I'm home from work.

thanks!
-kenny

Mooglytonkers #8 Posted Nov 04 2011 - 18:51

Private

• Players
  • 4302 battles
I installed WOT last week and after a few hours my PC will immediately SHUT OFF.   Temperature sensors not indicating anything out of the norm.  It's an instant shutoff,  not a shutdown.   Doesnt happen on any other graphically intensive games I run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users