Want to win more? XVM - Because it is a team game.

SaskO want to win more xvm

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Fishrokk #21 Posted Sep 25 2014 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 17579 battles
  • [K-S-W] K-S-W

View PostDraconX3, on Sep 23 2014 - 09:08, said:

Again, since this is just a repost of the same article that was put up not long ago. Ill say what I said there.

All this talk about what to do to "win" is all well and good if the match allows it.

But then your team lemmings all down one way, dies in 2 minutes flat and leaves you "protecting" the open flank.

This happens over and over again.....Im sure SOME people out there can take on 15 tanks by themselves but yaknow..whatever =X

But yeah, totally can control your WR 100% of the time. Totally.  But hey, Im just a casual player with less than 50 billion matches. So what do I know.

So you only won 56% of your games over the last 60 days because you got good teams?  Interesting...

I heard a saying from MLB, back when the seasons were about 150 games.  "You're gonna win 50 games, and you're gonna lose 50 games.  It's what you do with the other 50 games that counts."

Okami_Ryoko #22 Posted Sep 25 2014 - 20:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23748 battles

I don't like it when a sub 49% player uses XVM, looks at his team, and says "noob team gg"

It's as if any team that can't carry him is bad.

1Sherman #23 Posted Sep 25 2014 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 5303 battles
In my opinion, XVM is useless because there will always be games that XVM says you'll win that you end up losing and there will always be games that XVM says you'll lose that you end up winning. MLB Hall of Famer Yogi Berra was famously quoted with saying "It ain't over until it's over." In this case that is true. The game isn't over until the results screen shows up. Inbetween then and when the countdown reaches 0, anything can happen.

Dunfalach #24 Posted Sep 25 2014 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 18752 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View Post1Sherman, on Sep 25 2014 - 17:24, said:

In my opinion, XVM is useless because there will always be games that XVM says you'll win that you end up losing and there will always be games that XVM says you'll lose that you end up winning. MLB Hall of Famer Yogi Berra was famously quoted with saying "It ain't over until it's over." In this case that is true. The game isn't over until the results screen shows up. Inbetween then and when the countdown reaches 0, anything can happen.

I turn win percentage chance off on mine. That's not what it's there for. But it has so many other useful things. The OP talks about predicting the actions of enemies and allies based on their WN8 scores, and that's one aspect. But it also has a last known location marker on the minimap, view/firing range circles, a counter of how much damage you're doing...some of those depend on which configuration of XVM you're using, but there's lots of information in there that has nothing to do with win chance calculations.

Snow_Dog42 #25 Posted Sep 25 2014 - 23:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 30011 battles

View Post1Sherman, on Sep 25 2014 - 17:24, said:

In my opinion, XVM is useless because there will always be games that XVM says you'll win that you end up losing and there will always be games that XVM says you'll lose that you end up winning.

XVM does not say, "You will win" or "You will lose."  It merely gives you what it thinks the odds are.

If I understand your argument, you seem to be implying that "Statistics tell us you won't throw boxcars on the next toss; yet, sometimes you do throw boxcars so statistics must be wrong."

This is misunderstanding what the odds mean.

SunnyKim #26 Posted Sep 26 2014 - 00:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33371 battles
xvm has created toxic players that do nbothing but complain about baddies or mm or whatever game after game after game..... many time this crap attitude effects the other players.... instead of complaining about your team and talking crap about them and setting yourself up for a bad game shut your mouth and keep it to yourself and try to carry harder if you are that damn good.... pic for example.... this c100 player was talking mad trash before the game and didnt do anything in the game and his poor attitude causing fights was the main reason we lost.... me, the baddy, at the top of the team.... this is why you should shut the hell up and just play.... sooooo sick of people complaining about one thing or the other soon as the battle loads.... YOU are just as big if not more of a problem than the tomatoes you scream about.... so if you are going to use xvm get the hell over it and use it subjectively or uninstall it... you might just enjoy the game more

Sask_Outrider #27 Posted Sep 26 2014 - 04:24

Major

• Players
  • 31633 battles

View PostSunnyKim, on Sep 25 2014 - 17:08, said:

xvm has created toxic players that do nbothing but complain about baddies or mm or whatever game after game after game..... many time this crap attitude effects the other players.... instead of complaining about your team and talking crap about them and setting yourself up for a bad game shut your mouth and keep it to yourself and try to carry harder if you are that damn good.... pic for example.... this c100 player was talking mad trash before the game and didnt do anything in the game and his poor attitude causing fights was the main reason we lost.... me, the baddy, at the top of the team.... this is why you should shut the hell up and just play.... sooooo sick of people complaining about one thing or the other soon as the battle loads.... YOU are just as big if not more of a problem than the tomatoes you scream about.... so if you are going to use xvm get the hell over it and use it subjectively or uninstall it... you might just enjoy the game more

Toxic players have always been in the game.  Do you want to know why I know this?  I probably see 10 toxic tomatoes to every 1 toxic good player.  XVM allows player to understand who they can count on in a battle and who will most likely make a bad move on the enemy team.

The rest is just crap.

SaskO

SunnyKim #28 Posted Sep 26 2014 - 11:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33371 battles
true.... more people need to use it subjectively and not lose their mind soon as the battle starts

TheBlueBaron #29 Posted Sep 26 2014 - 12:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 68687 battles

"then your team lemmings all down one way, dies in 2 minutes flat and leaves you "protecting" the open flank. This happens over and over again.....Im sure SOME people out there can take on 15 tanks by themselves but yaknow..whatever =X"

This sounds more like tier I - V play. When the tanks become faster, it's less important to defend a 'flank' or position on the map (aside from individual tanks rears). In classic battle tactics in real life, and sometimes on WOT you push all of your troops into whatever zone you find a weakness, generally wherever you've destroyed enemy tanks without losses. You avoid area's, retreat out of areas where you are losing. Sending 2 or 3 tanks into the area to guard a flank just means you are likely going to lose the 2 or 3 tanks sent there with little or nothing to show for it. Sure there are great areas on the map from which you can fire from. And on some maps there are areas it's a really good idea to control, but no area on the map must be defended. With higher tier, faster tanks, getting back to the friendly base in order to defend it if needed is easier. Even the base doesn't need to be defended, provided you take theirs, or kill all their tanks. It becomes a bit more about killing their tanks, where ever they are, than in defending an area? 

1Sherman #30 Posted Sep 26 2014 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 5303 battles

View PostSnow_Dog42, on Sep 25 2014 - 23:59, said:

XVM does not say, "You will win" or "You will lose."  It merely gives you what it thinks the odds are.

If I understand your argument, you seem to be implying that "Statistics tell us you won't throw boxcars on the next toss; yet, sometimes you do throw boxcars so statistics must be wrong."

This is misunderstanding what the odds mean.

Not quite. What I'm saying is that XVM isn't 100% accurate and if something isn't completely flawless, then don't use it because there will always be times when XVM (or any other thing that isn't perfect) will be wrong.

Sask_Outrider #31 Posted Sep 26 2014 - 17:40

Major

• Players
  • 31633 battles

View Post1Sherman, on Sep 26 2014 - 08:07, said:

Not quite. What I'm saying is that XVM isn't 100% accurate and if something isn't completely flawless, then don't use it because there will always be times when XVM (or any other thing that isn't perfect) will be wrong.

People always get hung up on the % win chance where XVM is so much more than that.

The stats you see of each play are accurate to a point.  I have never seen a blue or better player "guard the arty".  Can't say the same for a red player.

bulldog1986 #32 Posted Sep 28 2014 - 06:06

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 33382 battles
  • [ESPRT] ESPRT
Thanks for following up with Inchon Sunny, we will keep an eye on that situation.

KaiserSchnitzel #33 Posted Sep 30 2014 - 05:49

Captain

• Players
  • 10139 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

Actually the best part about XVM for me is that 100% of the time people who tell me I suck are demonstrably worse players than I am by every metric except for number of games played. Players better than me - if they have that opinion of me - tend to not express that opinion . So, yes; you can get called names in a game, hit tab, look at the person's stats, and just disregard it. 

Bottom line is that you know when you screwed up and someone telling you that by calling you names isn't going to help. You might get good advice from somebody better. You won't get good advice from xX_GeneralRommel_Xx with 22k games and a 49% win rate pinging 12 squares on the map before the battle starts. 

And lol at the deep purples farming damage in the back...yeah, I see that. I actually just find it funny. It's not like it really hurts the team. They do their thing and it works; I'm glad when they are on my team, and when they are on the other team I can absolutely call which tank is going to kill me and what my time of death will be. It's a game within the game for me.

XVM opened my eyes. Once I started using it everything made sense.  Now I know what's going on and I can just have fun when I'm playing because I win more than I lose, and I am usually don't get carried. I'm a part of the win, and not the reason for the loss, and I don't have to post negative nonsense on the message boards.

KaiserSchnitzel #34 Posted Sep 30 2014 - 05:54

Captain

• Players
  • 10139 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

View PostSask_Outrider, on Sep 26 2014 - 12:40, said:

People always get hung up on the % win chance where XVM is so much more than that.

If people would look at a 33% win chance as a 1/3 chance to win, they might be more positive. As far as I'm concerned, anything between 33% and 66% is an even chance. Outside of that, it's only an estimate anyway.

CreepyJanitor #35 Posted Sep 30 2014 - 11:36

Captain

• Players
  • 11797 battles
  • [GANDP] GANDP
OP has a reasoned message...and I enjoyed jonny-ringo's response. Good thread.

Luna__ #36 Posted Sep 30 2014 - 13:03

Captain

• Players
  • 28303 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
I used to use xvm, then just couldnt get stats working this patch so its been off for the past several days. I can recognize most of the good players by name/clan tag (primarily playing T10 on west limits the number of players you interact with), and I just assume everyone else is probably going to be useless. Even if I play well every single game it doesn't matter if I win or lose. We don't have 100% wr for a reason, it's how far you can get above 48% that makes the difference.

Cpl_Maida #37 Posted Oct 01 2014 - 10:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 33105 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
Does XVM show you recent WN8 or overall WN8?

Thanks,

Cpl.

Edited by Cpl_Maida, Oct 01 2014 - 12:10.

Sask_Outrider #38 Posted Oct 01 2014 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 31633 battles

View Post1Sherman, on Sep 24 2014 - 17:19, said:

What do you do if you computer stinks and installing XVM will only make your FPS worse?

XVM will not make your FPS worse.  Generally FPS is based on your graphics card and not your CPU.

Dunfalach #39 Posted Oct 01 2014 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 18752 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostCpl_Maida, on Oct 01 2014 - 05:11, said:

Does XVM show you recent WN8 or overall WN8?

Thanks,

Cpl.

The default one that I use is overall WN8. However, I've heard that can be configured, I just haven't taken the time to learn to customize mine.

Cpl_Maida #40 Posted Oct 01 2014 - 18:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 33105 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostDunfalach, on Oct 01 2014 - 12:30, said:

The default one that I use is overall WN8. However, I've heard that can be configured, I just haven't taken the time to learn to customize mine.

Thanks for the reply.

Also tagged with SaskO, want to win more, xvm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users