Control Issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Yankeegunner #1 Posted May 20 2011 - 15:45

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 30247 battles
I've looked (and used the search function!) - can't find this anywhere.

I've had a couple issues where my controls for the tank (note:  NOT the turret/firing) will not respond.  It's only happened three times, and the first two I just wasn't sure if it wasn't lag or something related.

Today I was driving my KV-3 in Mines and went to move up hill, and my tank took off across the landscape.  A} KV-3's don't take off...  so I rolled slowly across the map....  B} Turret could move (in fact I killed a guy in passing)  C)  Couldn't turn or stop.

Thought it was a keyboard glitch, but I've checked it in Eve Online and CoD and various forums/single player games.  keyboard is working fine.

Using updated Windows XP, with all drivers updated as of 1 May.

Sorry if this has been posted else where and I missed it.

thundermg1 #2 Posted May 20 2011 - 15:51

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13327 battles

View PostYankeegunner, on May 20 2011 - 15:45, said:

I've had a couple issues where my controls for the tank (note:  NOT the turret/firing) will not respond.  It's only happened three times, and the first two I just wasn't sure if it wasn't lag or something related.

Today I was driving my KV-3 in Mines and went to move up hill, and my tank took off across the landscape.  A} KV-3's don't take off...  so I rolled slowly across the map....  B} Turret could move (in fact I killed a guy in passing)  C)  Couldn't turn or stop.

Thought it was a keyboard glitch, but I've checked it in Eve Online and CoD and various forums/single player games.  keyboard is working fine.

Most likely lag. I've had plenty of times that my tank will take off in an "uncontrollable death dash", which usually results in 1)WTF? and 2)Me getting killed.
Once it sent me crashing through buildings(which the enemy was hiding behind) and resulted in 2 kills for me :)

Yankeegunner #3 Posted May 20 2011 - 15:53

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 30247 battles

View Postthundermg1, on May 20 2011 - 15:51, said:

Most likely lag. I've had plenty of times that my tank will take off in an "uncontrollable death dash", which usually results in 1)WTF? and 2)Me getting killed.
Once it sent me crashing through buildings(which the enemy was hiding behind) and resulted in 2 kills for me :)
Were you able to move your tank left/right faster or slower?   I can't imagine its lag, it's not affecting all the controls, which I think it would be if it was lag?  

Wouldn't it?

/scratches head..

RA6E_ #4 Posted May 20 2011 - 16:08

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17416 battles
The lagging causes a good number of varying control issues....when it was bad yesterday I couldn't fire my cannon at times ...non responsive??  It is really screwing with gameplay.

Yankeegunner #5 Posted May 20 2011 - 16:17

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 30247 battles

View PostGrunt_Dog, on May 20 2011 - 16:08, said:

The lagging causes a good number of varying control issues....when it was bad yesterday I couldn't fire my cannon at times ...non responsive??  It is really screwing with gameplay.
Honestly, I think it is *other* than lag - my gun, tracking and firing (and others hitting me) and updating the mini-map were occurring as it happened...

thundermg1 #6 Posted May 20 2011 - 16:21

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13327 battles
Well during the whole issue, I noticed that I had the "red" lag light lit and my ping was REALLY high....

@Grunt_Dog: LOL....I had that happen this morning....hit the trigger...nothing happened....as I backed up behind an M6 (we were alternating fires around a corner), BAM...gun fires and hits his turret. Luckly only minimum damage was done and he didnt seem to mind.

_Doom_Buggy_ #7 Posted May 27 2011 - 02:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 4351 battles

View PostYankeegunner, on May 20 2011 - 15:45, said:

If this happens again do this - immediately open your menu settings and go to controls. Click any of the WASD and try to map a different key to it. Does the screen show a number and not a letter? If so that's the exaact problem I'm having. i have a ticket open and hopefully someone will get back with me.  I have no lag issues and it only started after the patch.  As a work around I have mapped my directional keys to the arrow keys on my keyboard. Not the best option but it works for now.

For some reason something is causing the letter keys to be read as incrementing numbers. Doesn't matter what letters or combo I enter, all that gets read is 12345678901234567890 etc etc.  Even does it when I first load the game - go into the settings and try to remap. First key will work, all others are the number issue.

RayJones #8 Posted May 27 2011 - 06:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles
Check this thread for more info. Also as posted in that thread:

View PostFihnakis, on May 25 2011 - 02:31, said:

Yeah, it's not lag.

For those experiencing this problem: CTRL and open chat box then escape back out. Fixes it for me every time.

Yankeegunner #9 Posted May 28 2011 - 20:12

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 30247 battles
Thanks for the answers!  Appreciate it!

RayJones #10 Posted May 29 2011 - 07:04

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles

View PostYankeegunner, on May 28 2011 - 20:12, said:

Thanks for the answers!  Appreciate it!

Your welcome. Hope you have a nice time in the game :Smile_great:.

_Doom_Buggy_ #11 Posted May 29 2011 - 23:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 4351 battles

View PostRayJones, on May 27 2011 - 06:42, said:

Check this thread for more info. Also as posted in that thread:

Unfortunately doesn't work for me. Immediately on loading the game I have the issue, not just in battles. For some reason my character keys don't work beyond the first one. I've gotten around this temporarily by mapping my direction keys to my numpad or arrow keys.

_Doom_Buggy_ #12 Posted May 30 2011 - 02:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 4351 battles
Posting here in hopes it will help others. Long story short, I found the issue and have verified it is corrected.

My Internet provider is Xfinity (used to be Comcast) I had recently upgraded my AV software from them, but this time it installed a master suite called "Constant Guard" which includes another application called "GuardedID".

Uninstalling GuardedID corrected the issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users