• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Camo_onion #1 Posted May 20 2011 - 21:14

Captain

• Players
  • 23391 battles
  • [AZUZA] AZUZA
No. Just... no.

You don't NEED premium or gold ammunition. They just greatly increase the speed of the grind. I'm just happy playing in my KV and T29, and I'll go up at my own pace. I probably will end up buying gold, but later, after the lag is fixed. Gold isn't a necessity though.

Whee #2 Posted May 20 2011 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 24475 battles

View Postsmilinglyer, on May 20 2011 - 21:12, said:

Game is free but you almost have to buy gold to play and the gold is WAY to expensive so don't even bother playing this game. 2500 gold a month for a premium account wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to spend 100-250 gold per game on ammo.  you don't have to buy gold ammo to play but so many people use it that you need to use the gold ammo as well. $15 a month for premium account. This game is the most expensive game to play if you want to actually have a fair advantage.

What? Are you sure? I disagree. The game is free, all you need to do is just grind grind grind. You don't need to spend gold to be on par with other players.

Consider me, a KV-2 tanker with the 152mm gun. I can own all tanks from tier 1 - 6, and even do significant damage to tier 7 tanks. I did all that without spending a single cash on WoT, just a lot of time (About 2 - 3 weeks to get the KV tank). You don't NEED gold to have fair advantage. There are soooooo many tactics in this game, and gold ammo doesn't mean it owns everything.

DemonicSpoon #3 Posted May 20 2011 - 21:20

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3086 battles
What the hell?
Do you even understand what gold ammo DOES? APCR only offers increased penetration. HEAT is basically AP ammo for guns that don't normally have it.

NO ONE uses gold ammo exclusively. In fact, almost no one even uses gold ammo at all. Hell, there are regularly forum threads about gold ammo not being worthwhile at all. Even if someone did load all gold ammo, it wouldn't make that much of a differences.

F34rmen00bz #4 Posted May 20 2011 - 21:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 4834 battles

Game is free but you almost have to buy gold to play and the gold is WAY to expensive so don't even bother playing this game. 2500 gold a month for a premium account wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to spend 100-250 gold per game on ammo.  you don't have to buy gold ammo to play but so many people use it that you need to use the gold ammo as well. $15 a month for premium account. This game is the most expensive game to play if you want to actually have a fair advantage.

I haven't spent a single cent and I'm going fairly decent.

Plus gold from clan wars and contests can make this game pretty cheap

FlatCat #5 Posted May 20 2011 - 21:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11878 battles

Can you tell me why you have to buy Gold to play?

1. Gold ammo nope not a have to I have gold and only used gold ammo twice in live.
2. 15 a month for prem nope I have seen players with tier 10 tanks not prem accounts and they are the very same tier 10 tanks any Gold prem player has.
3. this game is the cheapest game to play its free you can't get any cheaper then free

Sorry nobodys is going to pay you to play WOT

Tarza #6 Posted May 20 2011 - 21:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 2640 battles
A fair advantage? I dont understand this.

In my oppinion you dont have to spend a dime to have fun with this game.

I spent some because I thought it was worth it for entertainment I got out of it. I tried the gold ammo once and decided it really didnt do enough vs the cost to continue using it.

I guess it depends on the value you place on things that you enjoy, its a helluva lot cheaper to spend the $15.00 a month for entertainment in the game for a month than it is to go to the movies once, for what 2 hours of entertainment? plus gas, plus refreshments, plus wear and tear on the vehicle, etc....

If you think its a rip then dont play it, its not really a difficult concept to grasp.

The game is FUN, ADDICTIVE, and worth twice what they charge for double xp. Its not for everyone tho.

RG_Kortor #7 Posted May 20 2011 - 21:38

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 23279 battles
  • [RG] RG
personally, i have NEVER fired a gold round, and don't feel i need to. i do use premium account status and do *some* free xp conversions

until drill camp i never used gold consumables, and then it was only 1/match because they were free from VE day

Zakume #8 Posted May 21 2011 - 04:56

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31320 battles

View Postsmilinglyer, on May 20 2011 - 21:43, said:

Well Iv been playing since the beta and from what i have seen since this game has gone live is that a lot of people are using gold ammo. Depending on the tank gold ammo could be worthless. The Gold tank i use uses either gold ammo which does 184mm - 306mm penetration and 240-400dmg, the regular ammo has 50 less penetration which is a big difference in this game, 248mm reg to 306mm gold. The HE ammo does 40-66mm  and 315-525dmg.This is on a gold tank,other tanks in the same tier that isn't gold to buy only does250 mm penetration with gold ammo, and that's the IS3. Idk It just seem like way to much time getting your ars handed to you trying to buy new equipment and training crew. The crew training is a really big deal, you can train them to 100% with gold. Training them without gold takes a long time and you get killed a lot because of it. Skill and tactics are prolly the biggest factors but if you are using gold you have the advantage.The thing that i am frustrated about is the cost of the gold not the fact that you have an advantage using it. I mean this game is really really expensive to play every month if you use gold even half the time but once you get a premium account and see the difference its hard to go back to standard play.

I haven't come across anyone using gold ammo outside of clan wars, and I play every day, so I don't know where all of these people are at who all have gold ammo. It is widely known that gold ammo is not worth the cost at all, and if anyone uses it outside of clan wars, they must be curious, stupid, or rich. You say your gold ammo lets you have 184-306mm of pen, and that without gold ammo u would have 50 less, so 134mm-256mm of pen. The average pen of that would be 195. You said the IS-3 is in the same tier as your gold tank, so that means your running a tier 8. 195mm of average pen at tier 8 is pretty good, and is only outclassed by the best guns for the heavies at that tier(which is what is supposed to happen for gold tanks compared to same tier "free" tanks).

People who use gold do have a slight advantage crew-wise if they decide to purchase 100% crew right off the bat to your lets say 50% crew(but honestly at tier 8 you probably have a better crew or could pay credits for 75% crew). However that advantage is short lived as is doesn't take THAT long to get 100% crew if you are somewhat competent. An example would be, since release I have not used gold in any way shape or form, however I have got a 6 man crew 100% with repair at around 90%, and another 4 man crew 100% with repair at around 65%(at the time of this post). I'm only at tier 7 atm and less than 900 battles, so it doesn't take long to get a set of 1 crew to 100%.

As for the cost of gold, it sounds like your just pissed at not being able to buy gold rounds and a bunch of other gold stuff to make grinding easier, however I don't want to get into an argument about that so I'll just stop here about that. For the prices, well we all want stuff cheaper but watcha gonna do.

raiffe #9 Posted May 21 2011 - 05:01

Private

• Players
  • 6656 battles

View Postsmilinglyer, on May 20 2011 - 21:43, said:

Well Iv been playing since the beta and from what i have seen since this game has gone live is that a lot of people are using gold ammo. Depending on the tank gold ammo could be worthless. The Gold tank i use uses either gold ammo which does 184mm - 306mm penetration and 240-400dmg, the regular ammo has 50 less penetration which is a big difference in this game, 248mm reg to 306mm gold. The HE ammo does 40-66mm  and 315-525dmg.This is on a gold tank,other tanks in the same tier that isn't gold to buy only does250 mm penetration with gold ammo, and that's the IS3. Idk It just seem like way to much time getting your ars handed to you trying to buy new equipment and training crew. The crew training is a really big deal, you can train them to 100% with gold. Training them without gold takes a long time and you get killed a lot because of it. Skill and tactics are prolly the biggest factors but if you are using gold you have the advantage.The thing that i am frustrated about is the cost of the gold not the fact that you have an advantage using it. I mean this game is really really expensive to play every month if you use gold even half the time but once you get a premium account and see the difference its hard to go back to standard play.

I've been playing for awhile, and I cannot say I've seen or heard anyone use gold ammo outside of a tourny or something along those lines.  Even then it's rare.  

The slight different in penetration of the AP gold ammo vs the normal ammo can easily be over come by good teamwork and savvy playstyle.

If you're getting frustrated with the cost of gold ammo, no one forces you to use/buy it.  Nor do I think you'll notice any difference in your gameplay.

andyraptor #10 Posted May 21 2011 - 05:18

Major

• Players
  • 40056 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Dished out as many +'s as my account allows for all the positive true responses here

well done guys

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY GOLD AMMO - PERIOD :)

minirhyder #11 Posted May 21 2011 - 06:13

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
World of Warcraft is $15 and there's no free option.

I'm thinking you're a troll.

METAL_BAWKSES #12 Posted May 21 2011 - 17:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3788 battles
Well, I've only played for a few days so far, but I don't mind the system.  I haven't spent a dime yet, but I've still been able to help the team win, even with my lowly loltraktor.  The game's more about working together as a team anyway.  Gold upgrades or not, tanks that go all Leeroy Jenkins meet quick and fiery ends.

fritz3d #13 Posted May 21 2011 - 17:54

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6887 battles
I've never used gold ammo. I've used plenty of gold to train crews and convert xp but not a single coin on gold ammo.

The gold fire extinguisher is the only gold consumable I find really worth getting, it basically makes your tank impossible to get on fire.

Achtung_T_Shirt #14 Posted May 21 2011 - 23:29

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 27168 battles
Free is good....at least for now.  Maybe when I get better I can upgrade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users