• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

sirericbreheny #261 Posted Mar 03 2015 - 18:32

Captain

• Players
  • 12666 battles
  • [GRIP_] GRIP_

View PostStg_Lowery, on Jan 06 2015 - 02:26, said:

To W.O.T. take your discipline and stick it. your system sucks and the program need a lot of work to make it fun. Really tried of match that are over in 3 mins with one side getting major help from the program and other side getting majorly screwed.

Sergeant Lowery I completely agree, the Desertion Program works to the disadvantage of the lower tier players and to the advantage of any higher tier players whom are using QUESTIONIABLE tactics to wipe out flanks of the Allied Players luring the players that remain into a Blowout Match.   A Non-Win Situation from which Desertion looks like a better alternative than suiciding.

Whyld #262 Posted Mar 13 2015 - 21:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25150 battles

View PostJetstorm20, on Oct 26 2014 - 15:46, said:

Just make the things like them were before! 

this system is so stupid ... let us play this game ! we are not all into clan wars or anything like that !

Also I hate when even trying to continue a match that I know i not going to win ... i got frustrated and leave 

and I got nothing for the effort

thanks to your stupid "desertion" system

what if i want to leave before the match ends eh? ITS MY CHOISE WHY WE HAVE TO BE "PUNISHED" for that? ehh?

you are a selfish self centered twit with epic entitlement issues

Whyld #263 Posted Mar 13 2015 - 21:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25150 battles

View PostGillesMartinVincent, on Feb 24 2015 - 08:43, said:

In fact, you can't force people to play.

Quitting the battle before destruction is exactly like getting shot for no reason. You know those guys. They run up to the enemy like suiscouts, get shot, 1 less player on your team, that's it for that. This player served exactly no purpose whatsoever. He might as well not have entered the battle to begin with. We might as well have started with 14 players instead of 15. And we call those idjits what they are, don't we. Now let's see. Who's gonna fix that behavior? Rephrase that. Who's gonna force people to play? Rephrase that some more. Who's gonna force people to play the way you want them to play? None of that is possible. The only thing WG can do is ban people from playing at all. If that's their only tool to improve the game, to make it more fun or to make it any fun at all, it better actually genuinely honestly do what it's intended to do.

Here's the most significant aspect of this rule. It does not change the way we play the game, at least not the way it's intended to change it - it makes it worse, not better. But changing the way we play, to make it better and more fun, is its intent. Therefore the rule is useless at best, and detrimental at worst. Get rid of it.

If you really want to keep it, change the penalty to something like a mandatory walk through the low tiers for a week or for a few battles or for a fixed amount of XP or back up to a certain tier let's say from 1 through 5. Let's see how players react to that. Gets rid of botting. They can still play, but not with their cherished high-tier tanks, therefore cannot advance through those high-tiers by playing badly. It's original and might even teach something. I mean, would you hire a noob driver for your F1 team? Would you hire a bad driver for any vehicle?

wrong.  At least the yolo moron spotted enemy tanks and isn't just faking multiple tanks at a time.  This system was a reasonable attempt to slow down afk players.  It failed because of selfish entitlement filled gas bags like you.  Zero reward for zero effort must be implemented.

GillesMartinVincent #264 Posted Mar 14 2015 - 04:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 23289 battles

View PostWhyld, on Mar 13 2015 - 15:35, said:

wrong.  At least the yolo moron spotted enemy tanks and isn't just faking multiple tanks at a time.  This system was a reasonable attempt to slow down afk players.  It failed because of selfish entitlement filled gas bags like you.  Zero reward for zero effort must be implemented.

Let me see if I get it right. This system was a reasonable attempt to slow down afk players, but it failed due to "selfish entitlement filled gas bags". Well, the solution is simple: Slow down those selfish entitlement filled gas bags. So what system do you propose to do that? How about this. When you login, there's a prompt that asks: Are you a selfish entitlement filled gas bag? If you answer yes, login is suspended for a day. It's simple and it should work just fine as you'll see.

What is a selfish entitlement filled gas bag? First, it must be selfish. Why do any of us play World Of Tanks? For our own personal pleasure. That's textbook definition of selfishness. So all WoT players are selfish. Second, it must be "entitlement filled". What are any WoT player entitled to? Play for free, of course. So all WoT players are entitlement filled, with the right to play for free. Third, it must be a gas bag. I'm not sure what that is metaphorically, so my guess is it's probably related to the amount of hot air it spews on the forums. Well, that's easy to measure and by the simplest measure - the total number of forum posts - Whyld, you're more of a gas bag than I am. Not that this is what I'm saying, but that's what I come up with when I analyze your argument logically to the best of my ability.

The point is, since all WoT players are selfish and entitlement filled, then all WoT players should answer yes to that login prompt and get their login suspended for a day. But to be truly fair, according to your argument, only those WoT players who are also gas bags, therefore post on the forums, should answer yes to that question and get their login suspended for a day. Also, the system failed as you said, due to all WoT players, but especially due to those who are also gas bags, like yourself.

Does your argument sound reasonable at this point? Not to me. Do you think you've convinced anybody with your argument? I hardly think so. Could you make an effort and come up with a genuinely reasonable argument? We'll see, won't we.

Dirtimus #265 Posted Apr 03 2015 - 15:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 796 battles
Newer player here.  So, after skimming through 14 pages of topic, I realize why I was penalized all my XP and silver twice last night.  Sent in 2 tickets and was referred to this policy.  I play arty and don't move much after spawn.  Our base wasn't guarded, so was killed before getting more than a couple shots off.  But I was told I'm inactive?  Wish'd I'd read this discussion first...

Capt_Blackwood #266 Posted Apr 17 2015 - 05:10

Private

• Players
  • 858 battles
  • [S-A-W] S-A-W

There are times when my just goes way too damn high and it won't go back down. This is the first time I've had to drop because of that.

Hmm...

Willderyes #267 Posted May 01 2015 - 19:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3174 battles
  • [BOND2] BOND2
Seems like a pretty straight forward rule to me. If you just play the game honestly and for the purpose it is intended you shouldn't have any problems. A warning now and then should not be a problem. If you can't handle that in a "game" then you're going to have a real hard time in the "real world".

ld762n #268 Posted Jul 17 2015 - 21:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 17849 battles
Let me see been having random shut downs and have received punishment...... okkkkkk.  Been being hit with "BUY GOLD" messages both in and out of battles....  hmmm yeap I deserve it the gold sellers don't. 

Weasel_Ops #269 Posted Nov 17 2015 - 06:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 236 battles
Stupid rule, took me twice as long to get to tier III arty than should have. Poor players resulted in our base getting ganked way too often in a row.

Shouldn't the game just look for input? If the idea is to punish afk and bots, why don't they just flash a prompt on the lower corner of the screen after idk...5min of inactivity. If you're camping you should be able to hit ctrl+click without it disturbing your strategy, watchers will be able to click it away. The only people punished would be those that are legit afk and / or bots.

Or did I miss something important?

*Edit:
Also wth is the issue with the matchmaking? Whenever I was a tier I I would only fight tier I's until I unlocked tier II's then I'd fight those, even though I couldn't afford them. Then when I unlocked tier III's they showed up too, even though I hadn't been able to purchase the tier II's yet. By the time I finally made it to tier IV now all I face are tiers V, VI, VII. Is the whole point that 90% of the time I'll be on the bottom most rung of the matchmaker? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Edited by Weasel_Ops, Nov 17 2015 - 06:53.

Hellsfog #270 Posted Nov 17 2015 - 14:19

Major

• Players
  • 30624 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
Starting at tier 4, light tanks, except the Ke-Ho for some reason, generally get mm one tier higher. You are playing a tier 4 scout, Pz38t, which will get the equivalent of tier 5 mm.

GeorgePreddy #271 Posted Nov 17 2015 - 14:53

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postherironman, on Oct 01 2014 - 15:37, said:

I was teaching my nephew to play the game, he is eight,

Game is rated Teen... it's not designed for or meant for 8 year olds.

Weasel_Ops #272 Posted Nov 18 2015 - 22:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 236 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Nov 17 2015 - 14:19, said:

Starting at tier 4, light tanks, except the Ke-Ho for some reason, generally get mm one tier higher. You are playing a tier 4 scout, Pz38t, which will get the equivalent of tier 5 mm.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Is there a resource I was unable to find that explains all this in very basic terms but will allow me to make a more informed decision on tank choice in the future? Would have just messaged you but maybe this will help someone else.

canheat #273 Posted Dec 31 2015 - 03:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 27464 battles

i got shot at during the beginning of numerous games.but this time ive had it.i shot back without thinking about it.

and got my suspension.ty wot

Finnegan_Gromyko #274 Posted Apr 22 2016 - 20:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8942 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
I would like to see WG publish the stats for players getting punished for Inaction/Bot, TeamKilling, and so on. I've submitted complaints when I see this, but the frustration is you never actually hear what happens. I can see not putting out the names of players who get punished, but it would be good to see perhaps the numbers. Justice must not only be done, it must be SEEN to be done. Otherwise, people lose faith in the system. 

PREDY2 #275 Posted May 29 2017 - 14:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25 battles

View PostFinnegan_Gromyko, on Apr 22 2016 - 20:33, said:

I would like to see WG publish the stats for players getting punished for Inaction/Bot, TeamKilling, and so on. I've submitted complaints when I see this, but the frustration is you never actually hear what happens. I can see not putting out the names of players who get punished, but it would be good to see perhaps the numbers. Justice must not only be done, it must be SEEN to be done. Otherwise, people lose faith in the system. 

+1

_GeorgePreddy #276 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 18:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
Seems to be working well from my viewpoint.

Her_man #277 Posted Jun 20 2017 - 21:28

Private

• Players
  • 26583 battles
  • [VOLGA] VOLGA

View PostFinnegan_Gromyko, on Apr 23 2016 - 00:33, said:

Ticket #1071673

Category:

Rule ViolationsSub-category:
legohman on Hellcat using forbidden mods "AIM-bot".

He controlled my movements for the destruction of objects. The decisive shot was made by him using forbidden mods.
I ask to block the player with the nickname legohman for violating the rules of the game.

The following replay can serve as evidence of a violation:

http://wotreplays.co...bay-her_man-t67

WillyPete67 #278 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 23:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32710 battles
  • [XILES] XILES
Well does anyone really care if they get warned or punished... I didn tthink so!!

Tahllol #279 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 01:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7411 battles

Desertion Discipline System FAQs

1. How does it work?

A. It doesn't bot and macro matches as much as you want we ignore it.

2. How many warnings do I get before I get banned?

B. Unlimited since we don't actually ban or warn anyone for botting, hence why you have people with 70,000 matches and 36 win8.

Edited by Tahllol, Aug 16 2017 - 01:39.

USMC_6432 #280 Posted Sep 22 2017 - 16:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 11963 battles

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Oct 01 2014 - 17:54, said:

Desertion Discipline System FAQs

1. How does it work?

A. The long answer is to read this knowledgebase here: Desertion Discipline System.

The short answer is the game will now warn you for leaving a battle early or being inactive in the battle.

I find that MM is so bad now that the game is really over in 2 minutes and I see no reason to continue trying when your losing like 12-1 and still alive. I just leave and go back to garage to start a new battle. Until some day when MM is fixed there should be no penalty.

Also tagged with 9.3, afk, inaction, FAQ, desert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users