9.3 afk inaction FAQ desert

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

Darkbee2Bee #41 Posted Oct 03 2014 - 21:08

Major

• Players
  • 30515 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

For those having some difficulty, I hope these definitions help clear some things up for you:

1. Warning
  2. Punishment

Please note that it is perfectly fine that you may have received the first but not the second.  However, should you continue to see the first repeatedly, the second may follow more swiftly.

Good day.

US_Cavalryman #42 Posted Oct 03 2014 - 21:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 56348 battles

Block Quote

For those having some difficulty, I hope these definitions help clear some things up for you:

1. Warning
  2. Punishment

Please note that it is perfectly fine that you may have received the first but not the second.  However, should you continue to see the first repeatedly, the second may follow more swiftly.

And if the 1st isn't warranted?  How long is the 'warning' held?  I don't like being 'warned' about inaction in battle when it isn't my fault!  When my connection is lost but I can't reconnect.

iraqiwildman #43 Posted Oct 03 2014 - 22:05

Captain

• Players
  • 29033 battles
  • [MO-JO] MO-JO

View PostChumCreature, on Oct 01 2014 - 13:37, said:

Also, why don't you just have the guys lock the return to garage battle until you die. Problem solved. (Mostly)

I wondered the same thing.

iraqiwildman #44 Posted Oct 03 2014 - 22:10

Captain

• Players
  • 29033 battles
  • [MO-JO] MO-JO

View PostStg_Lowery, on Oct 02 2014 - 21:27, said:

Hey Wargaming

You can take your desertion penalties and stick them up your [edited], what a joke. You have done nothing to fix the program. Yet your going to penalize a player for not wanting to watch the end of a 13 - 0 match. [edited]

Know I see why we kick your clans butt so easily in the Skirmishes.

FlorbFnarb #45 Posted Oct 03 2014 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 18410 battles

View PostAfterschoolCarl, on Oct 03 2014 - 16:00, said:

you shore got a lot of opinions about stuff you dont really unnerstand!

No, I have facts. ;)

3BAC #46 Posted Oct 03 2014 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 54157 battles

View PostWilhelm_Bittrich, on Oct 03 2014 - 21:57, said:

And if the 1st isn't warranted?  How long is the 'warning' held?  I don't like being 'warned' about inaction in battle when it isn't my fault!  When my connection is lost but I can't reconnect.

So far, the only punishment I've seen due to this system is the loss of XP and Credits in battles where you didn't participate. And this only happens after several warnings.  After you get warned several times, what you see is a punishment note instead of a warning telling you that you received no XP or Credits from the battle.  No punishment is made for all the non-participation leading up to the battle where you were punished.  If you actually participate in the very next battle, you get full XP and Credits you would normally have earned for that battle.  Most tankers don't have issue with that at all, as they know they shouldn't get rewarded for doing nothing in battle.

Pigeon_of_War #47 Posted Oct 03 2014 - 23:51

Assistant Producer

• Administrator
  • 9799 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
To help clarify and expound upon some questions, yes we do have an internal tracking system in which the warnings cannot be removed, but you basically have to get a substantial number of warnings before you start losing experience for lack of participation. At the point where you are getting warned repeatedly because you feel it is a system issue, by all means please send a Tech Support Ticket to let us help you. 

Salcan #48 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 00:02

Private

• Players
  • 29772 battles
  • [HAA] HAA

I was warned today about being afk my issue was that the lag caused me to show inactive, other players have had the same problem as well as my clan mates. Just want to know if this lagging is a common occurrence. Thanks for any answer on this issue

DarkerHalf #49 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 00:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 10406 battles
Oh, I thought it was just a fine to credits if you quit. Looks like I'm done with the game.

acmech #50 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 00:44

Private

• Players
  • 17197 battles

Yea, I just received my first warning for the game freezing up. Which it has been doing for a while now. When I managed to get back in game my t18 was already blasted.

I read and get the fact that it takes several warnings before punishment but  WG should be able to tell when someone has froze up and stop the notice. Also when it happens in the middle of the game, the player should be awarded at least what they earned, if not any bonus for victory.

Personally, the threat of punishment over something that is not the players fault is very offensive and needs to be corrected on your end.

HollywoodHulkHogan #51 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 01:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 15337 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS

View Postacmech, on Oct 03 2014 - 16:44, said:

Yea, I just received my first warning for the game freezing up. Which it has been doing for a while now. When I managed to get back in game my t18 was already blasted.

I read and get the fact that it takes several warnings before punishment but  WG should be able to tell when someone has froze up and stop the notice. Also when it happens in the middle of the game, the player should be awarded at least what they earned, if not any bonus for victory.

Personally, the threat of punishment over something that is not the players fault is very offensive and needs to be corrected on your end.

nuff said.

FlorbFnarb #52 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 01:39

Major

• Players
  • 18410 battles

View PostDarkerHalf, on Oct 03 2014 - 19:42, said:

Oh, I thought it was just a fine to credits if you quit. Looks like I'm done with the game.

So you refuse to play any game you have to play?

Okay, bye.  Your sort won't be missed.

_Brendan #53 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 04:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10540 battles
Yoott was AFKing in a chaffee battle today, will he be banned?

sirericbreheny #54 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 18:37

Captain

• Players
  • 12666 battles
  • [GRIP_] GRIP_

View PostPigeon_of_War, on Oct 01 2014 - 19:54, said:

Desertion Discipline System FAQs

1. How does it work?

A. The long answer is to read this knowledgebase here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/345/18/desertion-discipline-system .

The short answer is the game will now warn you for leaving a battle early or being inactive in the battle.

2. How many warnings do I get before I get banned?

A.You have to get several warnings in a row before our system automatically suspends your account.

3.What if I disconnect from the game due to internet, hardware, or bug issues?

A. If you disconnect, just reconnect to get back in the match. Reconnections will not be counted against you. If you are unable to reconnect, you will receive a warning, but you shouldn’t be concerned for just a single warning. It is only once a pattern of disconnecting is established that a punishment is given.

4. What if I want/need to leave a match?

A. We understand life happens and sometimes priorities take over and the match has to wait. This is why you must have a number of Warnings on your account before a suspension is due. If you leave a match, we suggest you complete your next match as it will help decrease your internal Warning rating. Think of it like the team damage system, if you hit an ally; just try not to during the next match.

5. What if I play a match as an SPG and I am unable to hurt enemies or move much?

A. There are some instances where an opportunity for damage just does not present itself. In these instances, you may find yourself with a Warning at the end of the battle. This Warning will be just that, a warning to let you know you did not participate actively in the battle. Repeatedly being inactive could result in a suspension on your account, but please be aware that this is rare. If you acquire several Warnings while playing an SPG, you may want to try a different vehicle for a couple of matches.

6. My system keeps crashing and I keep getting warned. Can’t this be removed?

A. If your system keeps crashing when you play World of Tanks, you may need to send in a Tech Support Ticket in order for us to help you troubleshoot the issue. It would be better to nip the problem in the bud as opposed to disconnecting repeatedly.  It hurts your team if you disconnect, unless you are able to reconnect back into the battle even if it is unintentional on your part. Unfortunately, your current internal Warning rating cannot be removed. 

Pigeon_Of_War, I rarely ever run from a battle.....unless it is something like 3/15 and then YOU ACTUALLY KNOW that the Match Maker of WOT is seriously flawed, I have only gotten about 4 warnings after the 9.3 Patch.   Do you deny that Tier 6-10 Cliff Falls HAPPEN, sometimes we TANKERS have to face from 7 to 21 extra tanks from an TOURNAMENT RUNOFF, if you do I HAVE REPLAYS THAT YOU CAN WATCH that shows just exactly tanks appearing from THIN AIR after such an area has been scanned only to have ARTIES and Tier 1-5 TANKS AND TANK DESTROYERS get blown to scrap by staying in a game that is about 4-15, it is what the MATCH MAKER has been set up for to make WOT DESIGNERS, WOT GAME MASTERS AND WOT ADMINISTRATORS good paycheques every day 24/7 over 40 matches or so and make the Tiers 1-4 never advance from getting an Level 3-5 tank.   Pigeon Of War I think you have experienced such matches and ignore all complaints when people send them in on the Support Team Tickets.

sirericbreheny #55 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 18:50

Captain

• Players
  • 12666 battles
  • [GRIP_] GRIP_

View Post_Brendan, on Oct 04 2014 - 05:16, said:

Yoott was AFKing in a chaffee battle today, will he be banned?

Gee Yes I would like to see Yoott and others banned for their actions, I have no faith in the Moderators, Administrators and Game Masters of this game, since I just did a platoon game and had a guy at 65% stay at it and blow me away in my Excelsior Tank while the BUGGER was using Enhansed Armor Mod from the Brothers In Arms Pack and when I left it was about 6/15 and my team would have all been routed so I got no penality.......I AM CURIOUS WOT Administrator WHAT HAVE YOU TO SAY ABOUT THAT???!!!   I could submit a ticket but I don't want an runaround since your policing is laxed for the players over 5000 games or more since they are paying the big bucks that my money means little and I have already paid out $75 bucks in hard USD.

sirericbreheny #56 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 19:05

Captain

• Players
  • 12666 battles
  • [GRIP_] GRIP_

View Postacmech, on Oct 04 2014 - 01:44, said:

Yes Acmech and I can tell you that you experienced what I and a few others have nicknamed "Cliff Dropping" which is the Pacific Rim Players, Asian Players and European Players High Fast lagging on the tiers 1-3, sadly your tank would have been mauled by atleast 3 scouts and atleast 2-4 heavy Tanks or TDs during the match where you could not have seen them.....it is mostlikely that you will see an Youtube replay about your match since the 6-10 Geeky Gamers simply cannot help boasting.   It is more frequently it happens to everyone on the 1-4 tiers so get use to it, I have but I am angry.

Edited by sirericbreheny, Oct 04 2014 - 19:33.

sirericbreheny #57 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 19:29

Captain

• Players
  • 12666 battles
  • [GRIP_] GRIP_

View Post3BAC, on Oct 03 2014 - 23:22, said:

So far, the only punishment I've seen due to this system is the loss of XP and Credits in battles where you didn't participate. And this only happens after several warnings.  After you get warned several times, what you see is a punishment note instead of a warning telling you that you received no XP or Credits from the battle.  No punishment is made for all the non-participation leading up to the battle where you were punished.  If you actually participate in the very next battle, you get full XP and Credits you would normally have earned for that battle.  Most tankers don't have issue with that at all, as they know they shouldn't get rewarded for doing nothing in battle.

3BAC......are you THE ENEMY!!!!!   ONE OF THE GEEKY GAMERS that are actually employed by WOT!!!!!!!   I can understand the Administrator prattling on about how important it is in staying in a Battle either of an Random Battle or Platoon Battle but I am a little curious how you got 40K Battles starting nearly the same time I did in 2013 and it has to be from the WAR Pack or Brothers In Arms Packs that are really legalized Cheating in WOT.   Can you explain why you also come on here trying to say that WOT does not allow their players to cheat???

Redwing_Warrior #58 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 19:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27210 battles
  • [70] 70

View Postsirericbreheny, on Oct 04 2014 - 10:37, said:

Pigeon_Of_War, I rarely ever run from a battle.....unless it is something like 3/15 and then YOU ACTUALLY KNOW that the Match Maker of WOT is seriously flawed, I have only gotten about 4 warnings after the 9.3 Patch.   Do you deny that Tier 6-10 Cliff Falls HAPPEN, sometimes we TANKERS have to face from 7 to 21 extra tanks from an TOURNAMENT RUNOFF, if you do I HAVE REPLAYS THAT YOU CAN WATCH that shows just exactly tanks appearing from THIN AIR after such an area has been scanned only to have ARTIES and Tier 1-5 TANKS AND TANK DESTROYERS get blown to scrap by staying in a game that is about 4-15, it is what the MATCH MAKER has been set up for to make WOT DESIGNERS, WOT GAME MASTERS AND WOT ADMINISTRATORS good paycheques every day 24/7 over 40 matches or so and make the Tiers 1-4 never advance from getting an Level 3-5 tank.   Pigeon Of War I think you have experienced such matches and ignore all complaints when people send them in on the Support Team Tickets.

View Postsirericbreheny, on Oct 04 2014 - 10:50, said:

Gee Yes I would like to see Yoott and others banned for their actions, I have no faith in the Moderators, Administrators and Game Masters of this game, since I just did a platoon game and had a guy at 65% stay at it and blow me away in my Excelsior Tank while the BUGGER was using Enhansed Armor Mod from the Brothers In Arms Pack and when I left it was about 6/15 and my team would have all been routed so I got no penality.......I AM CURIOUS WOT Administrator WHAT HAVE YOU TO SAY ABOUT THAT???!!!   I could submit a ticket but I don't want an runaround since your policing is laxed for the players over 5000 games or more since they are paying the big bucks that my money means little and I have already paid out $75 bucks in hard USD.

View Postsirericbreheny, on Oct 04 2014 - 11:05, said:

Yes Acmech and I can tell you that you experienced what I and a few others have nicknamed "Cliff Dropping" which is the Pacific Rim Players, Asian Players and European Players High Fast lagging on the tiers 1-3, sadly your tank would have been mauled by atleast 3 scouts and atleast 2-4 heavy Tanks or TDs during the match were you could not have seen them.....it happens to everyone on the 1-4 tiers so get use to it, I have but I am angry.

Tin Foil hat engaged.  I would love to see a replay of your "Cliff Drop" experiences.  This being the 4th or 5th thread that you have mentioned it.  But I am sure that you are just a bad troll and won't be able to post a replay so......

3BAC #59 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 54157 battles

View Postsirericbreheny, on Oct 04 2014 - 19:29, said:

3BAC......are you THE ENEMY!!!!!   ONE OF THE GEEKY GAMERS that are actually employed by WOT!!!!!!!   I can understand the Administrator prattling on about how important it is in staying in a Battle either of an Random Battle or Platoon Battle but I am a little curious how you got 40K Battles starting nearly the same time I did in 2013 and it has to be from the WAR Pack or Brothers In Arms Packs that are really legalized Cheating in WOT.   Can you explain why you also come on here trying to say that WOT does not allow their players to cheat???

I'm not sure you have any idea what this entire thread is about.  I don't think you even know what you're saying.  I certainly know you don't know how to read a calendar.  When you start making sense, I'll try to answer your questions.

FlorbFnarb #60 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 21:04

Major

• Players
  • 18410 battles

View Postsirericbreheny, on Oct 04 2014 - 13:37, said:

"7 to 21 extra tanks"...what?

Also tagged with 9.3, afk, inaction, FAQ, desert

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users