Desertion/AFK Discipline System FAQ

9.3 afk inaction FAQ desert

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

skybengal #61 Posted Oct 04 2014 - 23:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 6813 battles
My case.  The battle starts and I'm pinging 999 and can't move.  Game automatically restarts and I'm dead.  Result - written warning.  I know after reading the FAQ that one time isn't anything to worry about, BUT I still don't like IT.  Check the log, see what happened and remove it.  It's a computer for crying out loud..

SgtSnow #62 Posted Oct 05 2014 - 04:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 3039 battles

Well i got a warning toady from my last game BECAUSE my game wouldnt let me in again after 2 trys i gave up...

and now it happened again and mostly likely im gonna get another warning till i get banned.... i mean seriously wthforce close and i cant get in anymore.

FlorbFnarb #63 Posted Oct 05 2014 - 04:27

Major

• Players
  • 18637 battles
Uninstall and reinstall from scratch.  Are you running any mods?

GyHighway #64 Posted Oct 05 2014 - 05:06

Private

• Players
  • 33549 battles
  • [2MEF] 2MEF
The problem I have with this is there is no way to provide any feedback if your having an issue.  I've had an on-going ticket with tech support, and have been working the issue for more than a week, when I received the warning.  There's no way to provide that information, or provide any explanation.

FlorbFnarb #65 Posted Oct 05 2014 - 06:04

Major

• Players
  • 18637 battles

View PostGyHighway, on Oct 05 2014 - 00:06, said:

The problem I have with this is there is no way to provide any feedback if your having an issue.  I've had an on-going ticket with tech support, and have been working the issue for more than a week, when I received the warning.  There's no way to provide that information, or provide any explanation.

Send a ticket to support if you get an actual penalty.

Thing is, even if you can't help it, you're still hindering your teams - which is what the system is trying to prevent.

acmech #66 Posted Oct 05 2014 - 18:13

Private

• Players
  • 19579 battles
Well, It happened again, warning #2 And after several tries I couldn't reload the game. At this point, It still won't load. I'm gong to be contacting support next. I agree with the warning being sent for actual offences but  Like I states previously, WOT needs to be able to stop warnings for system problems, It is offensive.   Why don't you at WOT make a suggestion notice to contact support for this problem.   Try flashing a pic of mechanics fixing a tank with the notice of  "Things are not running properly, please contact WOT support for help."

acmech #67 Posted Oct 05 2014 - 18:33

Private

• Players
  • 19579 battles

FlorbFnarb, That sounds easy enough, but this game takes forever to load and always kills the wifi for everyone else when its loaded.  The first time  tried I took out the wifi for the whole hotel  was staying at,  for the whole night. I didn't know it till morning and stopped the download at only 1/2 complete.     As I work on the road for weeks to months at a time with very short  stays at home (I'm not kidding either)  Its not very convenient to do a reload. 

FlorbFnarb #68 Posted Oct 05 2014 - 20:30

Major

• Players
  • 18637 battles

View Postacmech, on Oct 05 2014 - 13:33, said:

FlorbFnarb, That sounds easy enough, but this game takes forever to load and always kills the wifi for everyone else when its loaded.  The first time  tried I took out the wifi for the whole hotel  was staying at,  for the whole night. I didn't know it till morning and stopped the download at only 1/2 complete.     As I work on the road for weeks to months at a time with very short  stays at home (I'm not kidding either)  Its not very convenient to do a reload. 

Well, voila, you just found your problem: you're trying to play on an insufficient connection.

No fix for that except to play on a decent connection.

acmech #69 Posted Oct 05 2014 - 21:22

Private

• Players
  • 19579 battles

FlobFnarb,

That may be very true, depending on where work has me staying at the time.  I've just played several good games after doing some of the fixes on the troubleshooting list.  Yes it looks like the problem was on my end.      I still think that my idea of a message to the player about going and trouble shooting the problem is better than threats though.

Rottenguts #70 Posted Oct 06 2014 - 04:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 30277 battles
  • [OOM] OOM
I just received my first warning with this new system, when the only thing I did was hide behind a rock in my KV2 in the Mines map. I hid because this particular tank has no armor to speak of and I was covering the cap in a game where I even killed one and we won the map. Now how can I be considered an afk if I get a kill? I can understand if I was a bot and just sat there the entire game but I did not. If I were in a different tank that had more than paper for armor I may have been out there going toe to toe with heavies 2 tiers above me. But, being prudent and not risking an early death happened to be my play style in this match with this tank and I should not be told how to play my game. This is a bad system and it is not functioning properly. IMHO.

FlorbFnarb #71 Posted Oct 06 2014 - 04:32

Major

• Players
  • 18637 battles

View PostRottenguts, on Oct 05 2014 - 23:05, said:

I just received my first warning with this new system, when the only thing I did was hide behind a rock in my KV2 in the Mines map. I hid because this particular tank has no armor to speak of and I was covering the cap in a game where I even killed one and we won the map. Now how can I be considered an afk if I get a kill? I can understand if I was a bot and just sat there the entire game but I did not. If I were in a different tank that had more than paper for armor I may have been out there going toe to toe with heavies 2 tiers above me. But, being prudent and not risking an early death happened to be my play style in this match with this tank and I should not be told how to play my game. This is a bad system and it is not functioning properly. IMHO.

It's always a terrible idea to stay at spawn all match.  You have a gun that easily hurts tanks two tiers higher, ffs.  USE it, PLEASE.

You likely got a warning because the auto-detection is triggered by tanks that NEVER GO ANYWHERE.

Jetstorm20 #72 Posted Oct 06 2014 - 18:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 17649 battles

this system is ridiculous and stupid

what if i have done good amount of damage in a match but my team mates are a bunch of idiots that died like flies ?

I would not want to stay in a match like that

So i just leff it , not wasting time in a match where i can not win

FlorbFnarb #73 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 06:43

Major

• Players
  • 18637 battles

View PostJetstorm20, on Oct 06 2014 - 13:19, said:

this system is ridiculous and stupid

what if i have done good amount of damage in a match but my team mates are a bunch of idiots that died like flies ?

I would not want to stay in a match like that

So i just leff it , not wasting time in a match where i can not win

Sissy.

IH8YOUALL #74 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 12:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 697 battles

View PostFlorbFnarb, on Oct 03 2014 - 01:59, said:

There's nothing to fix and it doesn't throw battles.

Fanboy.

IH8YOUALL #75 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 12:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 697 battles

View PostFlorbFnarb, on Oct 01 2014 - 23:07, said:

Suicide is still against the rules.

Your continued willingness to adhere to rules which are unnecessary, never mind arbitrary, shows you to have sheep in your family tree.

EspressoForHammy #76 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 13:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25875 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Forum gold was found in this thread.

1. "the BUGGER was using Enhansed Armor Mod from the Brothers In Arms Pack" - I want this pack. Please send link.

2. "your policing is laxed for the players over 5000 games or more since they are paying the big bucks" - I have 17,000+ games and I have paid WoT $175 EVER. I have 12 premium tanks from tiers 2-8.

3. "Cliff Dropping" which is the Pacific Rim Players, Asian Players and European Players High Fast lagging on the tiers 1-3" - WAT?

4. "ONE OF THE GEEKY GAMERS that are actually employed by WOT!!!!!!!" - Yes, WoT probably employs geeky gamers. It is a video game company. Welcome to the 70s.

5. "I am a little curious how you got 40K Battles starting nearly the same time I did in 2013 and it has to be from the WAR Pack" - Because he pressed the BATTLE button more often?

6. "sometimes we TANKERS have to face from 7 to 21 extra tanks from an TOURNAMENT RUNOFF" - Yes. This happens to me all the time too. Sometimes I kill 186 tanks in a match, but they keep on coming.

7. "I HAVE REPLAYS THAT YOU CAN WATCH that shows just exactly tanks appearing from THIN AIR after such an area has been scanned" - This is called spotting mechanics. Alternately you can call it, "My crew skills suck."

8. "the MATCH MAKER has been set up for to make WOT DESIGNERS, WOT GAME MASTERS AND WOT ADMINISTRATORS good paycheques every day 24/7" - Does the game pay you for doing well? I want some of the pills you take.

Edited by EspressoForHammy, Oct 07 2014 - 13:22.

FlorbFnarb #77 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 18637 battles

View PostEmilio_Lizardo, on Oct 07 2014 - 07:44, said:

Your continued willingness to adhere to rules which are unnecessary, never mind arbitrary, shows you to have sheep in your family tree.

No, but my refusal to stomp my feet and quit/suicide out of matches where I am at a disadvantage shows I don't have cowards in my family tree.

Try to spin it any way you want, but suiciders/quitters aren't boldly striking a blow against unfair rules or matches, they're just cowards and quitters.  Sissies is the best way to put it.

KMaus #78 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 00:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 229 battles
We understand that it totally sucks when you've been penalized wrongfully. This is a new feature (from the 9.3 update) and we are taking all your feedback on it (good and bad) into account. Keep letting me know what you think, and reporting it via a ticket if you notice something unfair or buggy, so we can keep improving. We want to finesse this feature, based on your feedback. Keep it coming, and know we're watching this thread closely!

KMaus #79 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 01:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 229 battles

View PostGyHighway, on Oct 04 2014 - 21:06, said:

Replays + CS ticket are super helpful!
I know it's a bit of a hassle, and really appreciate any players taking time to help us out with replays

IH8YOUALL #80 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 01:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 697 battles

View PostKMaus, on Oct 08 2014 - 00:58, said:

We understand that it totally sucks when you've been penalized wrongfully. This is a new feature (from the 9.3 update) and we are taking all your feedback on it (good and bad) into account. Keep letting me know what you think, and reporting it via a ticket if you notice something unfair or buggy, so we can keep improving. We want to finesse this feature, based on your feedback. Keep it coming, and know we're watching this thread closely!

The only way to fix it is to DROP IT. I know this feature was added due to "popular demand" but there are a lot more pressing issues WGN needs to address that the player community has been asking be addressed for some time now.

Edited by Emilio_Lizardo, Oct 08 2014 - 01:31.

Also tagged with 9.3, afk, inaction, FAQ, desert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users