9.3 afk inaction FAQ desert

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

KMaus #81 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 01:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 229 battles

View PostGyHighway, on Oct 04 2014 - 21:06, said:

The problem I have with this is there is no way to provide any feedback if your having an issue.  I've had an on-going ticket with tech support, and have been working the issue for more than a week, when I received the warning.  There's no way to provide that information, or provide any explanation.

Replays + CS ticket are super helpful!
I know it's a bit of a hassle, and really appreciate any players taking time to help us out with replays

IH8YOUALL #82 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 01:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 697 battles

View PostKMaus, on Oct 08 2014 - 00:58, said:

We understand that it totally sucks when you've been penalized wrongfully. This is a new feature (from the 9.3 update) and we are taking all your feedback on it (good and bad) into account. Keep letting me know what you think, and reporting it via a ticket if you notice something unfair or buggy, so we can keep improving. We want to finesse this feature, based on your feedback. Keep it coming, and know we're watching this thread closely!

The only way to fix it is to DROP IT. I know this feature was added due to "popular demand" but there are a lot more pressing issues WGN needs to address that the player community has been asking be addressed for some time now.

Edited by Emilio_Lizardo, Oct 08 2014 - 01:31.

FlorbFnarb #83 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 01:26

Major

• Players
  • 18531 battles

View PostEmilio_Lizardo, on Oct 07 2014 - 20:25, said:

The only way to fix it is to DROP IT.

So that you can go back to breaking the rules and AFKing because you're scared to carry?

lolnope

Wolfshead010 #84 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 01:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19273 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
The amount of whining and moaning is similar to all the complaints when the anti-TK system went in. I love it. It proves to me that the system is working just fine. If you are having enough "connection issues" that you are getting hit by the system, you are a hindrance to your team and need to stay in the training rooms. I have had problems with patches and mod issues and stayed in training rooms until it was fixed because I didn't want to penalize any team I was on. My skill level is a big enough problem :smile:.

callmecrazy #85 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 12719 battles

View PostEmilio_Lizardo, on Oct 07 2014 - 16:25, said:

The only way to fix it is to DROP IT. I know this feature was added due to "popular demand" but there are a lot more pressing issues WGN needs to address that the player community has been asking be addressed for some time now.

NO - DON'T DROP IT!!  It's working great.  You can tell by all the players whinning about their warnings.  That means there's a major issue with players afk'ing.  Whether it's intentional or accident, it's a BIG problem.  Just getting a warning is nothing, alls you have to do is play a bunch of games without afking and the warnings cleared.  If you get banned, you've gone beyond the accident threshold.

And don't whine about bad connections dropping you.  If you discoonect 2 or 3 times in an evening, FIX YOUR FRIGGING SETUP!!  Don't penalize the other players on the team because you're too cheap to fix the connection or computer. 

If your computer cant handle it, don't play WoT, simple as that.

Why do you think it's ok that you can play a percentage of the battles you click into and the others, oh well, not my problem.  Now it is. 

This system is working just fine.

IH8YOUALL #86 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 03:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 697 battles

View PostFlorbFnarb, on Oct 08 2014 - 01:26, said:

So that you can go back to breaking the rules and AFKing because you're scared to carry?

lolnope

Scared...? No. Tired of carrying for a buncha twits who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. And while yer at it, being the docile and easily led soul that you are, shaker yer family tree, I'm sure you'll have a few sheep falling out.

Edited by Emilio_Lizardo, Oct 08 2014 - 04:03.

jojofelix #87 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 04:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30981 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

View PostEmilio_Lizardo, on Oct 08 2014 - 03:46, said:

Scared...? No. Tired of carrying for a buncha twits who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

at least we show up, and/or stay in the battle.  i'd rather be underskilled than a sissy

FlorbFnarb #88 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 05:13

Major

• Players
  • 18531 battles

View PostEmilio_Lizardo, on Oct 07 2014 - 22:46, said:

Scared...? No. Tired of carrying for a buncha twits who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. And while yer at it, being the docile and easily led soul that you are, shaker yer family tree, I'm sure you'll have a few sheep falling out.

"Tired of carrying"?  Doubtful.  You realize your stats are entirely accessible to everybody, right?  You haven't played in two months, you have about 260 matches total, and your average tier is around 2.6...so I can't really see that you've done much in the way of carrying in order to be tired of it.

Man up and stop being a sissy about a computer game.

Schmokn #89 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 12:36

Private

• Players
  • 7498 battles

Before hassling WoT tech support did you first make sure your cable, DSL, dial-up was working properly? Reset it? Check the modem, router, hub? 9 out of 10 times if I had ping or connection issues it wasn't whatever game I was trying to play, it was my own internet provider or faulty equipment.  On a  few rare times when in fact it was the game server, they knew pretty quickly and tried to fix it.  If one person disconnects once I would agree you don't deserve a warning.  If you regularly have disconnects that is another matter.  You may be amongst others and when two or three are having disconnects because of internet or equipment problems of your own this can sway in favor of an opposing team and make game play for the other players not only unfair but downright frustrating.  So although I empathize I don't feel it is your right to complain about the game if in fact the problem hasn't been thoroughly investigated to make sure it isn't at your end.

Dano_man #90 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 15:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7790 battles

View PostKMaus, on Oct 07 2014 - 18:58, said:

We understand that it totally sucks when you've been penalized wrongfully. This is a new feature (from the 9.3 update) and we are taking all your feedback on it (good and bad) into account. Keep letting me know what you think, and reporting it via a ticket if you notice something unfair or buggy, so we can keep improving. We want to finesse this feature, based on your feedback. Keep it coming, and know we're watching this thread closely!

Good Idea KMaus, but as a new player but an old man, I see this type of bugged reporting as a warning to play the game but don't put another red cent into it. You guys don't do stuff for free, business models are all about making a profit and anything that drives away new business is a bad ideal. This warning system as it stands is a bad ideal. As a new player who was spending gold, after I got one of these bogus warnings while I was actively fighting but was killed and went back to the garage after the kill, it tells me not to spend any real money here as it is a risky option. I am old enough and with enough military experience to understand exactly what a warning is so no preaching. I am telling you the facts of a viewpoint of a noob/newbie/fng even if it is just this one, still needs to be recognized.

IH8YOUALL #91 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 15:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 697 battles

View PostFlorbFnarb, on Oct 08 2014 - 05:13, said:

"Tired of carrying"?  Doubtful.  You realize your stats are entirely accessible to everybody, right?  You haven't played in two months, you have about 260 matches total, and your average tier is around 2.6...so I can't really see that you've done much in the way of carrying in order to be tired of it.

Man up and stop being a sissy about a computer game.

Which tells you only how infrequently stats actually get updated. Dismissed.

Brendan4848 #92 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 18:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 3382 battles
  • [PHNXS] PHNXS

View Postherironman, on Oct 01 2014 - 15:19, said:

Is everybody seriously missing the part in the SPG question where he says IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES HURTING ALLIES? Not sure if WG dude is trolling us or what.

I know right. They might be....

FlorbFnarb #93 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 18531 battles

View PostEmilio_Lizardo, on Oct 08 2014 - 10:59, said:

Which tells you only how infrequently stats actually get updated. Dismissed.

They get updated a lot more than every two months.

Pushbuttons #94 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 21:55

Private

• Players
  • 10510 battles
  • [SEUSA] SEUSA
Just got my first two written warnings today.  One I was at work and the game just froze, had to reboot and bam I got a warning.  Then I get off work and join another match...my internet goes down because my cable company is working on the lines, so I get another warning.  I think there must be some other method of correcting the afk/bot/leaving game issue then to penalize good players for technical problems.  Just my two cents.

FlorbFnarb #95 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 18531 battles

View PostPushbuttons, on Oct 08 2014 - 16:55, said:

Just got my first two written warnings today.  One I was at work and the game just froze, had to reboot and bam I got a warning.  Then I get off work and join another match...my internet goes down because my cable company is working on the lines, so I get another warning.  I think there must be some other method of correcting the afk/bot/leaving game issue then to penalize good players for technical problems.  Just my two cents.

Nope.  If they discounted disconnections, AFKers would just start disconnecting their wifi connection - mine is a switch on the front of my laptop - every time they wanted to quit a match, knowing that disconnection would mean no penalty.

Sorry, I know people are trying to find a workaround - anything that would mean they don't have to actually play the matches they join - but it ain't happening.

DiePanzerGeist #96 Posted Oct 09 2014 - 15:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostEmilio_Lizardo, on Oct 07 2014 - 20:25, said:

...and afk/bots/deserters was one of them...carry on.

btw...aren't you the guy that said he bails on bad teams and no win matches?

Edited by DerGeistPanzer, Oct 09 2014 - 15:07.

whariwharangi #97 Posted Oct 10 2014 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 78788 battles

View Postherironman, on Oct 01 2014 - 20:37, said:

Now I know I am going to be negged for this even though it is a legitimate question. Why are you forcing the newbies who suck with artillery but are trying to start this game going down those lines and only those lines to have even more reasons to quit? I was teaching my nephew to play the game, he is eight, and he found that he loves artillery. He has trouble with focusing on one spot of the map because he has ADHD. He recieved two warnings in a row once because RNG literally screwed his shots and a second because of his ADHD. I know this will help against botters but just like the arty team damage handicap you really should take into account that there are new people playing your game that want to go for arty and nothing else till they get high enough in that tree.

There is an age limit. If he is eight, he shouldn't be playing this game.

sdrevik #98 Posted Oct 11 2014 - 02:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18719 battles

I'm fully supportive of the system- I admit to being taken aback at my first network drop and 'warning', but as long as occasional warnings don't really result in any accumulation and penalties, I think it's great to fix the bast number of AFKs and bots we have suffered.

If someone has a repeated network problem, and their appeal/tickets CAN be handled in a TIMELY manner, that is.

Nordakr #99 Posted Oct 11 2014 - 19:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 303 battles

View PostKMaus, on Oct 08 2014 - 01:58, said:

Drop it.

This game is basically - Capture the Flag.  In all forms of Capture the Flag - someone is supposed to stay back and guard the flag.  Who here hasn't lost battles - or won them - because no one was guarding the flag?  I have personally won battles for my team because I destroyed the guys trying to capture the flag - and lost them - because I failed.  Well - guess what?  If you do stay back and guard the flag - and don't move around enough or fire your weapon enough - you get a penalty.  The last ticket I wrote up about this - I was told to move around more through several grid squares and fire my weapon more often.  IF YOU'RE SITTING THERE TRYING TO GUARD THE FLAG AND YOU DO THAT - YOU'LL GIVE AWAY YOUR POSITION!!!!!!

Ambush is a major armor tactic - but - sit in a bush in ambush - and - guess what?  You aren't moving around enough - you get a warning.

AND those are the times this system works as it was foolishly designed.

How about the warnings I've gotten because my tank got destroyed early on and all I could do was sit there and watch the battle.  I didn't log out.  I didn't have a computer crash.  I sat there after my tank was destroyed and watched the whole thing - guess what?  I was inactive - Warning.

And - all those warnings do add up.  Get to many and they cancel all the points you would have gotten for a battle to Punish you.  Guess how I know that.

So - you are letting a mindless automated routine PUNISH your players?  Who was the genius that thought THAT up?  You do realize - don't you - that computers are as dumb as the rocks they are made out of?

This "discipline" system is an INSULT to anyone playing the game intelligently.  It seems to have been instigated by a bunch of whiners who imagined that they were carrying the load all by themselves when they either had no idea what the other players were doing - or were to stupid to realize the contribution they mere making.

AND -

So what if someone has to go AFK?  RL > WoT.  This isn't like WoW or PS 2 where you've got a long on going fight.  There - people have to go AFK and they run and hide for a bit - or die - and then come back.  Here - you've got these intense little battles - and if some one gets called away in the middle of one - there may not be anything they can do about it.  Does anyone think that people are going AFK in the middle of a battle - because they WANT to?

The whole concept behind this is brain dead.  You can't make people play the way you think they should - but you can make them quit.

I have.

(Yeah - I know - "good riddance" - well I won't miss you either).

I came here today - just to check - and see if this moronic bit of code had been pulled.  I knew it wouldn't be.  I was involved in software development for over 20 years and I know how it goes.  Some one had a really stupid idea - but they get it approved and spend the time and money to code it.  Then - when it works as badly as a lot of other stupid ideas - they won't throw it out.  They'll sit there and try to get people to conform to their stupid idea, they'll try to save it ... all for code that should never have been generated in the first place.  The programmers hate to see all that time they invested in a stupid idea thrown out - and the managers don't want to admit that they were involved in a failure.  That doesn't stop stupid ideas from being failures though.

Anyway ... the people who answered my ticket said I should come here and say something - so - even though I knew it wouldn't do any good - I have.

To sum up:

1) The whole system of having an automated system penalize your players - is a bad idea.

2) It penalizes people for playing intelligently.

3) It doesn't even work as designed - penalizing people who were NOT inactive.

4) There is no "saving" it.  It is a failed idea.  Drop it.

I've done what I could.

Bye.

FlorbFnarb #100 Posted Oct 11 2014 - 21:05

Major

• Players
  • 18531 battles

View PostNordakr, on Oct 11 2014 - 14:28, said:

Drop it.

This game is basically - Capture the Flag.  In all forms of Capture the Flag - someone is supposed to stay back and guard the flag.  Who here hasn't lost battles - or won them - because no one was guarding the flag?  I have personally won battles for my team because I destroyed the guys trying to capture the flag - and lost them - because I failed.  Well - guess what?  If you do stay back and guard the flag - and don't move around enough or fire your weapon enough - you get a penalty.  The last ticket I wrote up about this - I was told to move around more through several grid squares and fire my weapon more often.  IF YOU'RE SITTING THERE TRYING TO GUARD THE FLAG AND YOU DO THAT - YOU'LL GIVE AWAY YOUR POSITION!!!!!!

Ambush is a major armor tactic - but - sit in a bush in ambush - and - guess what?  You aren't moving around enough - you get a warning.

AND those are the times this system works as it was foolishly designed.

How about the warnings I've gotten because my tank got destroyed early on and all I could do was sit there and watch the battle.  I didn't log out.  I didn't have a computer crash.  I sat there after my tank was destroyed and watched the whole thing - guess what?  I was inactive - Warning.

And - all those warnings do add up.  Get to many and they cancel all the points you would have gotten for a battle to Punish you.  Guess how I know that.

So - you are letting a mindless automated routine PUNISH your players?  Who was the genius that thought THAT up?  You do realize - don't you - that computers are as dumb as the rocks they are made out of?

This "discipline" system is an INSULT to anyone playing the game intelligently.  It seems to have been instigated by a bunch of whiners who imagined that they were carrying the load all by themselves when they either had no idea what the other players were doing - or were to stupid to realize the contribution they mere making.

AND -

So what if someone has to go AFK?  RL > WoT.  This isn't like WoW or PS 2 where you've got a long on going fight.  There - people have to go AFK and they run and hide for a bit - or die - and then come back.  Here - you've got these intense little battles - and if some one gets called away in the middle of one - there may not be anything they can do about it.  Does anyone think that people are going AFK in the middle of a battle - because they WANT to?

The whole concept behind this is brain dead.  You can't make people play the way you think they should - but you can make them quit.

I have.

(Yeah - I know - "good riddance" - well I won't miss you either).

I came here today - just to check - and see if this moronic bit of code had been pulled.  I knew it wouldn't be.  I was involved in software development for over 20 years and I know how it goes.  Some one had a really stupid idea - but they get it approved and spend the time and money to code it.  Then - when it works as badly as a lot of other stupid ideas - they won't throw it out.  They'll sit there and try to get people to conform to their stupid idea, they'll try to save it ... all for code that should never have been generated in the first place.  The programmers hate to see all that time they invested in a stupid idea thrown out - and the managers don't want to admit that they were involved in a failure.  That doesn't stop stupid ideas from being failures though.

Anyway ... the people who answered my ticket said I should come here and say something - so - even though I knew it wouldn't do any good - I have.

To sum up:

1) The whole system of having an automated system penalize your players - is a bad idea.

2) It penalizes people for playing intelligently.

3) It doesn't even work as designed - penalizing people who were NOT inactive.

4) There is no "saving" it.  It is a failed idea.  Drop it.

I've done what I could.

Bye.

Wow.  Most ridiculous argument ever.

No, nobody should refuse to leave spawn.  If you think it's a good idea to sit at spawn while everybody else fights, you're just bad.

Go fight and you won't get hit.

EDIT: You know, with a spectacularly low winrate so far and only 151 matches, you should be asking people how to improve, not go demanding changes to the game.  Stop sitting at spawn and stop trying to tell people it's a good idea.

Also tagged with 9.3, afk, inaction, FAQ, desert

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users