Game complexity?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

T_CD_34_85_Cell #1 Posted May 22 2011 - 01:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 10451 battles
  • [-KT-] -KT-
Well,hello to all.I'm not the newest one to come here,have 3 days of game already.But I would like to ask if the game is too complex as it looks on forums and in the menu section.I mean,there are still many things that I didn't understand,like how exactly works crew training,Free exp and researching,and I recently saw threads about crew training,tier,PUTT...

Is it the game made for little Pattons,Guderians,Whittmans and other brilliant armored combat minds or can it be enjoyed by regular FPS players?
That really impressed me,because I am really liking the game but I fear getting buried in frustation of doing a "wrong move" in the management of the tanks.

tankboy1138 #2 Posted May 22 2011 - 01:11

Captain

• Players
  • 13017 battles
  • [TB] TB
this is about as simple as it gets. play battles, you get experience and credits. you use those XP points to research modules and tanks, and use the credits to buy said modules and tanks. it's as simple as that! :Smile_honoring:

_Dia_ #3 Posted May 22 2011 - 01:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 31807 battles
Once you play for about a week, you will know all the tanks and be able to quiz people on them. It's educational!

Nah, you don't have to be a tank nerd to play this. It's sort of like a regular FPS.

Kritdonkulus #4 Posted May 22 2011 - 01:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31821 battles
  • [DICE] DICE

View PostT_CD_34_85_Cell, on May 22 2011 - 01:04, said:

Well,hello to all.I'm not the newest one to come here,have 3 days of game already.But I would like to ask if the game is too complex as it looks on forums and in the menu section.I mean,there are still many things that I didn't understand,like how exactly works crew training,Free exp and researching,and I recently saw threads about crew training,tier,PUTT...

Is it the game made for little Pattons,Guderians,Whittmans and other brilliant armored combat minds or can it be enjoyed by regular FPS players?
That really impressed me,because I am really liking the game but I fear getting buried in frustation of doing a "wrong move" in the management of the tanks.

This game is as simple or as complex as you like it to be. The fact is though, MATH IS EVERYWHERE. You remember back in high school(don't know your actual age but stick with me here), you thought when the hell am I going to need Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Triometry, etc etc?!

Guess what if you want to be a beast some homework in video games may be required! =D

No honestly play how you'd like to play and feel free to ask questions. We won't mock you...much. You can enjoy this thing like a regular FPS player or you can be some tactical master mind(tryhard?) at this game. It's up to you just have fun.

Also there is no "wrong move" just some paths you take are easier while others harder. ^_^

DemonicSpoon #5 Posted May 22 2011 - 01:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3086 battles

This game is as simple or as complex as you like it to be. The fact is though, MATH IS EVERYWHERE. You remember back in high school(don't know your actual age but stick with me here), you thought when the hell am I going to need Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Triometry, etc etc?!

Guess what if you want to be a beast some homework in video games may be required! =D

No honestly play how you'd like to play and feel free to ask questions. We won't mock you...much. You can enjoy this thing like a regular FPS player or you can be some tactical master mind(tryhard?) at this game. It's up to you just have fun.

er...Calculus? I'm pretty sure I've never had to solve any differential equations to play WoT.

The only thing that's necessary is trigonometry...and you don't even really need much knowledge here, just an understanding of how sinusoidal functions work so you know how armor slope works. In fact, I can explain all of it without actually using trig.

Basically, with armor slope, the smaller the angle between the armor and the shell, the harder it is to penetrate. If you fire a shell at 100mm of armor and it hits perpendicular to the armor (e.g. 90 degree angle), you only need 100mm of penetration to get through. If it's at a 60 degree angle, you need about 115mm of armor. If it's at a 45 degree angle, you need 141mm of penetration..and if it's at a 30 degree angle (e.g. very shallow), you need a whopping 200mm of penetration to go through.

So, small slopes don't make too big of a difference, but as the angle gets larger, it becomes virtually impossible to penetrate.

Cave__Johnson #6 Posted May 22 2011 - 01:56

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 88015 battles
http://www.youtube.c...89CF822AA540DE6

T_CD_34_85_Cell #7 Posted May 22 2011 - 02:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 10451 battles
  • [-KT-] -KT-
Oh,by what I meant with FPS was more like Battl(...).

Nakiami #8 Posted May 22 2011 - 03:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4613 battles
You're going to lose about 45% of the time.

You're going to die in battle about 66% of the time.

Embrace death and loss and have fun :)

Zakume #9 Posted May 22 2011 - 08:24

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31320 battles

View PostT_CD_34_85_Cell, on May 22 2011 - 02:35, said:

Oh,by what I meant with FPS was more like Battl(...).

Eh? This game is usually played in third person, so think of it as a TPS, or third person shooter. It does have a sniper/zoomed in mode which is in first person, but usually you dont use it unless you are shooting at something specific, or at targets at a distance. Don't really know what you are asking..

Kritdonkulus #10 Posted May 22 2011 - 08:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31821 battles
  • [DICE] DICE

View PostDemonicSpoon, on May 22 2011 - 01:19, said:

er...Calculus? I'm pretty sure I've never had to solve any differential equations to play WoT.

Crew skill as applied to what bonuses you get vs the 126% possible that grants 100% of a tank's stats.

So you know exactly how far you can spot, how fast you reload, etc etc etc.

RayJones #11 Posted May 22 2011 - 10:11

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles
Short Answer: Yes World of Tanks is complex. All the best realistic video games are.
Long Answer: The game follows 'Information hiding' at its best. If you don't want to dig your nose in complex game mechanics you don't have to :rolleyes:. Besides, you just started playing bud. There's no need for a rush to learn everything. Trust me you will end up feeling gaming as a burden more than entertainment. For now just lock,load and FIRE! :Smile-izmena: and keep it SIMPLE. For all those people here saying about armor penetration and stuff, IGNORE THEM FOR NOW. Once you get used to basic WoT concepts, controls and tank management, it will be much easier for you to learn advanced tactics and realistic game mechanics later.  WoT community is always with you to help you out in those things.

The fact that there is always something new to learn and discover makes a game more interesting. If a game is too simple, few weeks later you will end up feeling bored to play with it. Also if you are afraid that you will end up ruining your progress, the game has a trainning battle mode.Trying playing a few battles in that until you are thorough with the gameplay, thats what I did. You won't earn any experience or credits, but you don't have to spend on tank repairs and shells either on tier 1 tanks. They are free of cost. By the way, I am a n00b too. Have Fun! :Smile_honoring:

Picture: How to join a trainning room

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users