Group Stage Standings

Basic Tournament Information for Skirmish 40

Please see tournament page for all information

• Team Size: 8 combatants + 3 reserves
  • Map: Ruinberg on Fire
  • Mode: Standard
  • Tier Point Limit: 48
  • Tier Limits:
    • This represents the max tier allowed. Teams are allowed to bring lower tiers. 
    • Light: Tier 6
    • Medium: Tier 6
    • Heavy: Tier 6
    • TD: Tier 6
    • SPG: Tier 6
  • Special Restriction:
    • No duplicate tanks allowed.

Skirmishes now have three days of group play (Monday-Wednesday) followed by a playoff (Friday-Sunday). Teams can choose to play only in the weekend playoff or participate in group play for better seeding and greater prizing.

After completing group play, a standings table will sort all teams across all groups based on points earned against points possible. Prizes are awarded at completion of group play to teams finishing in the top half of the standings. These teams qualify for the Alpha Playoff. All remaining teams qualify for the Bravo Playoff.

Alpha Playoff

• This playoff consists of the top 50% of group play teams who will play for a larger prize pool. Group play performance will determine playoff seeding.

Bravo Playoff

• This playoff consists of all remaining teams and includes teams registering solely for the weekend. These teams will compete for a smaller prize pool and the playoff brackets are not seeded.

Both the Alpha & Bravo Playoffs will use multiple brackets holding a maximum of 16 teams. This means multiple winners are awarded prizing for their standing in their respective bracket.

DMan360 #2 Posted Oct 06 2014 - 22:32

Captain

• Players
  • 20594 battles
"No duplicate tanks allowed......."   :sceptic:

Preddy_ #3 Posted Oct 06 2014 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 9629 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

View PostDMan360, on Oct 06 2014 - 18:32, said:

So... one KV-85, one Hellcat, one Cromwell..................then what?

killatron46 #4 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 00:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 12504 battles
  • [NTR] NTR
Will be interesting to see what people will do when they can't use their 3 hellcats and 5 KV-85s with the 122.

votato #5 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 00:03

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles
there arent even 8 viable tier 6es... but other than that this looks fun. maybe itll be a part of the fun to figure out which of the craptanks are worth bringing.

GLM_ #6 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 00:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17969 battles
type 64, tog, kv85, kv2, cromwell, hellcat, jackson, last spot for m6, amx 12t, m37, or vk3601. or maybe we can have a tournament with TOGS ONLY. would be nice :P

WALK3Rr #7 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 01:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 23210 battles

View PostDMan360, on Oct 06 2014 - 18:32, said:

8 tanks and no duplication... Wargaming is managing to [edited]skirmshes since they started to apply this rule.

votato #8 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 02:58

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles

View PostGlM, on Oct 06 2014 - 19:41, said:

type 64, tog, kv85, kv2, cromwell, hellcat, jackson, last spot for m6, amx 12t, m37, or vk3601. or maybe we can have a tournament with TOGS ONLY. would be nice :P

i would say 3 of those are viable, but no i like the rule.

scyorkie #9 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 74349 battles

Hey dance, I know I said previously that the "one of each tank" limitation is surprisingly fun, but I think applying it to a 8-man team makes it rather difficult to manage.

On the Airfield skirmish, and last week's mixed-map skirmish, we had 3 guys covering 5 others. All in, and allowing for some modifications to the tank lineups during the course of the tournament, each player only had to get 1 or 2 new tanks (including paying for crew retraining).

For the upcoming skirmish (and taking into account the fact that there aren't that many viable Tier 6 tanks for a tournament on Ruinberg), players will definitely have to buy more tanks. This is especially so if not everyone in the team can show up for every single day, and raises the barrier to entry significantly.

Beerstein #10 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 06:46

Major

• Players
  • 18655 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE

Peoples lack of diversity is astounding. It's mainly rough because only 3 backups with such a diverse tank lineup is going to be very difficult for some to manage with absent players on different days or at different times. Finding 8 good tier 6s tanks isn't hard at all. Anyone that can only think of KV-85 and hellcats probably isn't very good at tournaments. I found 8 that I'd be happy to run in ANY tournament plus some at tier 6. My problem was actually narrowing it down to WHICH 8.

View Postscyorkie, on Oct 07 2014 - 05:48, said:

Hey dance, I know I said previously that the "one of each tank" limitation is surprisingly fun, but I think applying it to a 8-man team makes it rather difficult to manage.

On the Airfield skirmish, and last week's mixed-map skirmish, we had 3 guys covering 5 others. All in, and allowing for some modifications to the tank lineups during the course of the tournament, each player only had to get 1 or 2 new tanks (including paying for crew retraining).

For the upcoming skirmish (and taking into account the fact that there aren't that many viable Tier 6 tanks for a tournament on Ruinberg), players will definitely have to buy more tanks. This is especially so if not everyone in the team can show up for every single day, and raises the barrier to entry significantly.

Pretty sure this is Bijans baby (he's the OP).

scyorkie #11 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 06:52

Major

• Players
  • 74349 battles

Dance is bijan's baby?

Sorry bijan, for PM'ing her everyday. Please do not take my gold away :hiding:

votato #12 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 08:01

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles

View PostBeerstein, on Oct 07 2014 - 01:46, said:

Peoples lack of diversity is astounding. It's mainly rough because only 3 backups with such a diverse tank lineup is going to be very difficult for some to manage with absent players on different days or at different times. Finding 8 good tier 6s tanks isn't hard at all. Anyone that can only think of KV-85 and hellcats probably isn't very good at tournaments. I found 8 that I'd be happy to run in ANY tournament plus some at tier 6. My problem was actually narrowing it down to WHICH 8.

Pretty sure this is Bijans baby (he's the OP).

you are so damned condescending. every post you make. i would actually argue that neither the KV-85 nor the hellcat are viable tier 6es. I will likely be forced to bring them simply because people own them.

Termitey #13 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 09:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 91047 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

About time this tank setup happened.

There are many tier 6 tanks and all people want to play are the normal 3 , cromwell, kv,85 , hellcat

So tired of the normal tanks getting played while the OTHER tier 6 tanks get shunned.

IMO clan wars should only be able to use AMX 40 tanks so there PLAYER skills make the differnce NOT the tank.

But im nobody so it dosnt matter what i say .

AWSOME to make them use different tanks , Keep it up War Gaming:veryhappy:

Beerstein #14 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 10:07

Major

• Players
  • 18655 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE

View Post_vode_an_, on Oct 07 2014 - 08:01, said:

you are so damned condescending. every post you make. i would actually argue that neither the KV-85 nor the hellcat are viable tier 6es. I will likely be forced to bring them simply because people own them.

Every post you make is complaining about something, I'm sorry is someone twisting your arm forcing you to join the tournament? Get over it, if you don't enjoy it don't enter, can't handle the restrictions? Again you don't have to enter.

I play them for fun and I play people that play them for fun and sorry if your creativity is lacking on team compositions because there's only 1 "best in class" for each class of tanks and not 8 classes. I don't see that as a reason to complain, there's actually a lot of tier 6s that can easily handle themselves in tournaments for different roles, yes more than 8. Not every tournament is going to be an exact format like 7/42 get over it, if you can't handle change you can always go play 7/42 all day. Me? I'll just enter tournaments that look fun to me, play what tanks work, and have fun doing it instead of complaining. If I don't like it guess what I do? I don't enter, certainly beats complaining constantly.

I like the format, see more than 8 viable tanks and entered cause I thought it would be fun, simple. People want to post that their teams can't handle the diverse requirements due to tank limitations that's fine, but to complain about there "not being enough good tier 6s" is just whining with no purpose sorry. If I notice opponents struggling to field teams I'll probably point that out to the ones running it as well, if they have no issues then I see no issues with this format. As far as number of participants I'm sure WG has those numbers. If people whining need a little push to make them realize that hey there are other tanks to look at then hey I'm more than willing to point it out.

Kilo69 #15 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 23:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18191 battles
  • [SHRUG] SHRUG

I can see the point of some with 8 players and needing 8 different tanks for Tier 6 could be tough.  Luckily I have 12 tier 6's... and I'd take 10 of those into a tourney no questions asked.

I do have a slight tank hoarding issue though and gold from skirmishes just feeds it more!

Mr_Challange #16 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 01:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 9266 battles

I actually like the idea of no duplicate tanks. It's not fun when the whole team just spams that one OP tank on its tier. I remember those 7 cruisers IV and a cruiser II for tier 3 tournie. A big mess, not much fun, but gold... Right...

avail26 #17 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 04:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 26624 battles

Can i ask about the time i can understand sorry.....

(Monday-Wednesday) October 13 - 15,2014..... what will be time in asia.

thnx

votato #18 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 12:46

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles

View PostBeerstein, on Oct 07 2014 - 05:07, said:

Every post you make is complaining about something, I'm sorry is someone twisting your arm forcing you to join the tournament? Get over it, if you don't enjoy it don't enter, can't handle the restrictions? Again you don't have to enter.

I play them for fun and I play people that play them for fun and sorry if your creativity is lacking on team compositions because there's only 1 "best in class" for each class of tanks and not 8 classes. I don't see that as a reason to complain, there's actually a lot of tier 6s that can easily handle themselves in tournaments for different roles, yes more than 8. Not every tournament is going to be an exact format like 7/42 get over it, if you can't handle change you can always go play 7/42 all day. Me? I'll just enter tournaments that look fun to me, play what tanks work, and have fun doing it instead of complaining. If I don't like it guess what I do? I don't enter, certainly beats complaining constantly.

I like the format, see more than 8 viable tanks and entered cause I thought it would be fun, simple. People want to post that their teams can't handle the diverse requirements due to tank limitations that's fine, but to complain about there "not being enough good tier 6s" is just whining with no purpose sorry. If I notice opponents struggling to field teams I'll probably point that out to the ones running it as well, if they have no issues then I see no issues with this format. As far as number of participants I'm sure WG has those numbers. If people whining need a little push to make them realize that hey there are other tanks to look at then hey I'm more than willing to point it out.

did you even read my posts? or was the first half of each enough to make condescending comments? notice that im not complaining about the tournament. i think itll be fun... i LIKE that there arent enough viable 6es. It should force people to think and be creative - something it would seem that you are having issue doing, at least here on the forum. Sorry for treading on your e-peen, but i didnt notice that you had it out.

_blackhorse_ #19 Posted Oct 08 2014 - 23:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 63302 battles
  • [1HOW] 1HOW

you all are forgetting Arty and TD's and Light tanks, it's tier 6 not just heavy tanks, there's a lot to choose from it will be interesting to see the combination that teams come up with , I would also like to see an all TOG II match  we jhav done 6 in a stronghold sometimes it works and some times it doesn't 

markgs

votato #20 Posted Oct 09 2014 - 04:49

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles

View Postmarkgs, on Oct 08 2014 - 18:52, said:

you all are forgetting Arty and TD's and Light tanks, it's tier 6 not just heavy tanks, there's a lot to choose from it will be interesting to see the combination that teams come up with , I would also like to see an all TOG II match  we jhav done 6 in a stronghold sometimes it works and some times it doesn't 

markgs

again, you cant bring more than one of any given tank. but id rather have a tog than a KV-85

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users