Roaming

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Juratatarin #1 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 10:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 28202 battles
  • [VFORV] VFORV

Here we are 2014 still no news of either transfers nor server roaming SEA server has had 5 seperate server transfer windows since it opened to fill it with players from all other servers including this one yet not once have they given EU players stuck here nor NA players stuck on the EU server the chance to transfer

Not the greatest customer service when your customers have been sat around for upto 3 years waiting to transfer and there is still no firm date not even a hint that it will or will not happen, i have a funny feeling by the time they do get thier collective fingers out and offer such moves most of us will indeed have stopped playing completely.

Dear Player,2013 
Thank you for your interest in World of Tanks and for contacting World of Tanks NA support!
It may interest you to know that we are preparing to introduce a new feature, account roaming.  When launched, account roaming will enable you to play your account on different servers without the need to transfer.
Regrettably, we are not currently able to transfer your NA account to the EU server.  It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers.
The transfer process requires a cooperative effort between two distinct and separate servers; and once the window has been closed, it is closed permanently.
However, you are welcome to create another account on the EU server and can do so here:
http://worldoftanks.eu/
Unfortunately, we do not know if nor when transfers may become available again, but please keep your eye on our website, because if transfers become available again, they will be announced here:
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/
News about account roaming will appear there, too!
We apologize that we are unable presently to provide you a more satisfying resolution, but we hope that you will continue to enjoy World of Tanks for the brief time until account roaming is introduced.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with future questions or concerns.  See you on the battlefield! 

I still love how they say it is beyond what they are able to do due to " technical limitations ", yet they are offering transfer to the SEA/ASIA servers 5 x times but to EU 0

And now this *If you're a U.S. or Canadian player and you complete the Full Daily mission, you're eligible to win a fantastic camouflaged gaming laptop from Aorus! * and to us nothing to chance to win and no roaming ! Nice work WG !

Edited by Juratatarin, Apr 08 2016 - 17:49.

Laceylace #2 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 10:56

Major

• Players
  • 21754 battles

Frankly I don't care for server roaming. I'm quite happy with being here on NA with all you baddies. *tear*

At least it ain't SEA pubbies... Or RU.

kebab6597 #3 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 11:04

Major

• Players
  • 51263 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Yep its the same standard PM i recieved back last year and the year before aswell while i normally dont have an issue with customer care within this game on this issue they are showing a total lack of customer care

As for the point of it being;

"It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers.
The transfer process requires a cooperative effort between two distinct and separate servers; and once the window has been closed, it is closed permanently."

If that ^^^ was indeed half true then how come the SEA server had 5 transfer windows in a little over 1 year, come on WG how difficult can it be to copy the account details of players from one server data base and transfer them onto another they seemed to manage to move thousands of players in the past when it siuted them

TBH playing on whatever server you want should be a basic feature in this game as it is in most others why the hell WG drag thier feet over this is beyond beliefe

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 12:05

Major

• Players
  • 57665 battles

Well it's still being tested - as of 4-3-14.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/03/t95e6-and-roaming-still-tested/

And here's an interesting article from awhile back from FTR.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/11/04/on-roaming-and-eu/

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 12:11

Major

• Players
  • 57665 battles

View Postkebab6597, on Oct 07 2014 - 06:04, said:

TBH playing on whatever server you want should be a basic feature in this game as it is in most others why the hell WG drag thier feet over this is beyond beliefe

I agree.  But I'm wondering if part of the reason (or hell maybe the only reason) is the goods offered on other servers.  On RU server you can buy tanks that aren't available here (BT-SV, Beta Sherman, A-32, Pz II J, etc.) and maybe there's other significant server differences.

Personally that's not a reason either but that could be part of WG's "logic" for not allowing it.

Fbomb #6 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 13:20

Captain

• Players
  • 19736 battles
  • [SIDE] SIDE
Argh....I'd be seeing a bunch of scribble in game chat that looked like an upside-down house with an elephant on top

mortuus82 #7 Posted Oct 07 2014 - 15:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9866 battles
  • [HOWDO] HOWDO
well im kinda used now but since im from EU i would like this option... i could even pay a small fee to do it once.

JDF #8 Posted Oct 09 2014 - 11:15

Major

• Players
  • 23045 battles

From FTR (oct. 9th):

- roaming was basically shelved, as during its development, it was discovered that it puts a lot of strain on main internet lines. It would cause high latency for all the players and some players would really be hurt by that.

Full article: http://ftr.wot-news....-qa/#more-18001

Juratatarin #9 Posted Oct 16 2014 - 09:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 28202 battles
  • [VFORV] VFORV

Here we are 2014 still no news of either transfers nor server roaming SEA server has had 5 seperate server transfer windows since it opened to fill it with players from all other servers including this one yet not once have they given EU players stuck here nor NA players stuck on the EU server the chance to transfer

Not the greatest customer service when your customers have been sat around for upto 3 years waiting to transfer and there is still no firm date not even a hint that it will or will not happen, i have a funny feeling by the time they do get thier collective fingers out and offer such moves most of us will indeed have stopped playing completely.

Bitnisse #10 Posted Oct 26 2014 - 18:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 21699 battles
  • [MARVN] MARVN

I am also very puzzled about what the technical barrier could be. People were sent into space nearly 40 years ago and account transfers have been available on Blizzards servers for a decade. I for one would even pay 20€ for such a service.

Juratatarin #11 Posted Nov 04 2014 - 07:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 28202 battles
  • [VFORV] VFORV

Psyclopse #12 Posted Jan 25 2015 - 23:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 15059 battles
  • [NA2EU] NA2EU

Here we are 2015!

Any news about roaming, transfers or something? Few days ago I wrote a ticket but the answer was to go f*** myself.

Dear Psyclopse,
Thank you for contacting Wargaming support.
Regrettably, we are not currently able to transfer player accounts to different servers. It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers. 
The transfer process requires a cooperative effort between two distinct and separate servers, and once the window has been closed, it is closed permanently.
You are welcome to create accounts on other servers using the same email address.
We don't know when a server transfer option will be available again, but if it is, it will be announced on our News page here: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/
We apologize for any inconveniences and appreciate your understanding on this matter.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Happy hunting!

Best Regards,
Michael Webb

And I bet this is a template .....

Edited by Psyclopse, Jan 25 2015 - 23:32.

Snuttan #13 Posted Jul 07 2015 - 20:04

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 20840 battles
  • [ATLAS] ATLAS

Submitted a new ticket today to see if i get another answer from them.

My guess is the same cut n paste

Snuttan #14 Posted Jul 09 2015 - 15:15

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 20840 battles
  • [ATLAS] ATLAS

View PostSnuttan, on Jul 07 2015 - 19:04, said:

Submitted a new ticket today to see if i get another answer from them.

My guess is the same cut n paste

Aaaaand the answer was.....:Hey Snuttan,

Thanks for contacting us. 

Regrettably, we are not currently able to transfer player accounts to different servers. It is a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to complete transfers. 

The transfer process requires a cooperative effort between two distinct and separate servers, and once the window has been closed, it is closed permanently.

You are welcome to create accounts on other servers using the same email address.

We don't know when a server transfer option will be available again, but if it is, it will be announced on our News page here: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/

Again, we apologize for any disappointment but please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Regards,
Melinda Colly

In other words, they want me to f*** off

wolf447 #15 Posted Dec 21 2015 - 17:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 15300 battles
  • [AWFP] AWFP

View Postheavymetal1967, on Oct 07 2014 - 12:11, said:

I agree.  But I'm wondering if part of the reason (or hell maybe the only reason) is the goods offered on other servers.  On RU server you can buy tanks that aren't available here (BT-SV, Beta Sherman, A-32, Pz II J, etc.) and maybe there's other significant server differences.

Personally that's not a reason either but that could be part of WG's "logic" for not allowing it.

okl so  what  is WG excuse/reason  for  not having all  tanks available  on all servers? other  then  playing  favorite to  their  side  of  the  coin( russian  players)

wolf447 #16 Posted Dec 21 2015 - 17:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 15300 battles
  • [AWFP] AWFP

View PostSnuttan, on Jul 09 2015 - 15:15, said:

Aaaaand the answer was.....:Hey Snuttan,

Thanks for contacting us. 

Again, we apologize for any disappointment but please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Regards,
Melinda Colly

In other words, they want me to f*** off

ok so  my  read  on  that  is  this-

thanks  for  contacting  us  but  we are too  dumb  to  be able to  do  what  most  if  not all  other  games  are  capable  of  doing... furthermore  the  real  reason  is  becouse  if  we  do  transfer accounts  then  how  can  we  make  yuo re-buy  all things yuo  own on yuor current  server"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users