How do you make sure your clan members are active?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

jawmonkey #1 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 21:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49739 battles
  • [LKY13] LKY13

Just that, how do you make sure your clan members are active? Or what are some good methods/habits/programs/etc that I could be using?

I'm aware that you can see a member's company and CW participation on wotlabs/noobmeter and I have the infographic tab in strongholds to let me know how much resource they're making weekly and overall. But is there any way to monitor or find out if a member is participating in team or platoons? I'm mainly concerned about tankers coming into the clan and conintuing to just run pubbies by themselves. I realize everyone has those times when they want/need to grind by themselves, but I'm sick of seeing 2-3 guys pleading for tankers to join a detachment (to make a team of 7)and there's 15+ members online.

We're a smaller clan and CW is a ways off still and company IMHO is going to way of the DoDo thanks to detachments, but I still want to make sure the tankers are still being active. I'm finding it a bit hard to single out the members that aren't being active (playing with the group) as anyone can play a couple games in the middle of the night.

Thanks

fulltimekiller #2 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 21:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43826 battles
  • [JIMBO] JIMBO
There's really no sure way to make sure your clan stays active, life is what dictates how much time your members are willing to spend time playing. However, if  your members do have time, there are several things you can do so that they're more willing to play Wot rather than doing something else. Platoons, tourney's, TC's, strongholds even CW, basically every group activity that allows your members to bond and form friendships will allow you to maintain an active clan. If your members see each other as friends they will be willing to spend more time on the game. Hope that helps.

Buorhann #3 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 21:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13442 battles
  • [LYLT] LYLT
Just keep organizing Strongholds/Tank Companies/Skirmishes.  That will keep your tanker's interests, if you do well together that is.

yarl5000 #4 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 21:39

Major

• Players
  • 7612 battles
  • [VPG-R] VPG-R

No sure fire way to keep people active.  Apart from keep doing things.

One program that can help you keep track easier is Wotmanger [just google it] it generates a code each day that your memebers can enter and you can track attendance that way.  

GermanMade #5 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 21:47

Captain

• Players
  • 30766 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

Do you have TS??

Communicate what your clan is about, and what you expect of the members.   Bring in new players who on are the same page as your other players.  If you have players who will not join clan activities and won't communicate with you, kick them.  They are wasting your time and the time of the other players, while receiving the benefits of the work done in the stronghold battles.  If they don't want to help the clan or join in on clan stuff, why are they there??

triack2000 #6 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 21:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 15091 battles
create a wot manager account. my clan uses this and issues codes to track attendance for a lot of things. it can also help gold distribution. 

weesh #7 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 21:51

Major

• Players
  • 13374 battles

Kimbo has a tracker page on our forums, with the wotlabs signature of every player on it.  

By frequently checking it, you will discover if people have stopped playing just by looking at their 7, 30 and 60 days stats.

Allu_o7o7o7 #8 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 21:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 20477 battles

the first step is to make sure your guys are constantly on comms while they're playing... such as a TS. get them in the habit, because as they get more involved with your comms, they will get more involved in the day to day workings of the clan

then promote the crapouta strongholds as something to do as a clan, and foster and environment where everyone is having fun and learning... this will get your guys more interested in team play in general. as they develop the love for team based play, they will hate pubs more and more, and want more clan activities, and from there it just fuels it's self.

as long as you have people around willing to call battles etc, activity will snowball from there. if you clan is boring to be in, then getting attendance up will be fruitless no matter what. as commander, your #1 priority is to make sure all your soldiers are entertained and want to be there

GermanMade #9 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 22:01

Captain

• Players
  • 30766 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
As Allu said above.   He has a way with words.  

XxPOLARISxX #10 Posted Oct 13 2014 - 22:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 23802 battles
  • [XRMX] XRMX

In my clan, United Tankers, I implemented a point system on our private clan website. Each time I or my Exec Officer witness the following, we give the member points internally, at the end if a quarter period we evaluate the top three point earners and give out 3 gifts from our clan with money either raised in donations on our site or funded by me. Lately donations have covered all our gifts. An example of how to get points is as follows: lead a platoon, and call tactics in it. Lead a TNk Co. , lead a team battle or participate in any of those as a soldier. Show proof of a top gun, help someone out with our voice coms introduction or giving tips and techniques leads to being an honarable tanker points. Points are given for being in tournis,  getting a tier ten tank, particpating in a clan war landing, races, platoon a thons, turkey shoots. The point system is great for us. My guys log on our clan website see their points being given and like it.  The whole matter is being a clan leader is not about how good a tactician you are, or how good your stats are on XVM, or any of those other silly mods. It is not about being a mega clan, like ...well you know the mega clans. It is a game, that we all enjoy, some pay for premium items others don't but equally it is a Commanders responsibility and his officers to keep things interesting in the interaction of its members. Trainings are more successful attendance is high and for the most part if you use WOT assistant program you can view when was the last time a member played a game, or look at your census in game to see a members last battle. If a guy has not been playing for a month, and not logged into our clan website or notified an officer of their extended absence, we make cuts to our roster. If they become active again, we consider brining them back. Having a concise application process that ask your recruit how often they play is some help, but life, family, jobs, education are all more important than this game so you must be understanding in whatever way you manage your folks. Micro managing of members through officers generally stammers a clan, be sure you have guidelines for officers and establish good moral respect for each other and fellow pub players no team killing, no pushing out allies etc.  Your recruiting door will always be opening. Good luck, happy hunting. 

United Tankers Command

Allu_o7o7o7 #11 Posted Oct 14 2014 - 01:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 20477 battles

View PostInsguy2013, on Oct 13 2014 - 22:17, said:

In my clan, United Tankers, I implemented a point system on our private clan website. Each time I or my Exec Officer witness the following, we give the member points internally, at the end if a quarter period we evaluate the top three point earners and give out 3 gifts from our clan with money either raised in donations on our site or funded by me.

Generally though, this richard-cranium is in the right ballpark, where you incentivize your members to play as part of your clan, getting involved in clan activites etc. WoT is entertainment, and as CO you can never forget that without disastrous consequences.

tefftorbes #12 Posted Oct 14 2014 - 01:50

Captain

• Players
  • 15004 battles

Very simply:

• WoT is a game. It needs to be entertaining. If it is not entertaining, your members will find something else to do
  • This means clan activities such as tournies, CW, strongholds, or even more lighthearted things such as count-ins, races, in-clan tournaments and such
  • Foster a sense of community and camaraderie among your members. If they like each other, they will not want to leave
  • If someone is not participating enough, remove them to make space for someone that will
  • There is a natural ebb and flow of players with this game. Understand and respect that. You need to constantly be on the lookout for fresh blood as peoples' lives change, schedules change, and such.

brdhntr #13 Posted Oct 15 2014 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 21925 battles

View PostAllu_o7o7o7, on Oct 14 2014 - 02:48, said:

Generally though, this richard-cranium is in the right ballpark, where you incentivize your members to play as part of your clan, getting involved in clan activites etc. WoT is entertainment, and as CO you can never forget that without disastrous consequences.

I'm betting the Otter members are going to be collecting more from the bounty on United Tankers than the other way, after this.  

Bloodsteam #14 Posted Oct 31 2014 - 15:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21089 battles
  • [RUSIA] RUSIA
cw gold or tourney gold or hot women or loli depending on their preference.

jamesn25 #15 Posted Sep 22 2017 - 19:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 42628 battles
How is killing Otter respectful? Laff

jawmonkey #16 Posted Sep 22 2017 - 20:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49739 battles
  • [LKY13] LKY13
A bit late to the party, this thread is three years-old.

Bavor #17 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 08:39

Major

• Players
  • 28435 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postjamesn25, on Sep 22 2017 - 13:58, said:

How is killing Otter respectful? Laff

Amazing work Necromancer!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users