damage cs. penetration?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

mechsftw #1 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21704 battles
  • [AYAYA] AYAYA
I find it impossible to penetrate any tier 2 or up tanks besides the BT-2 with the 20 mm gun on the T1. Should i just use the 37mm browning? i can penetrate anything with it, but the ROF is kind of slow. Any suggestions?

robdillard #2 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:24

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8886 battles
  • [A-A] A-A
I think your going from an autocannon to an actually tank gun. my suggestion is to get used to using the slower firing gun as this is how all of the combat is done from t4 and up.

Enjoy the game,

Robdillard

B22G #3 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10815 battles
By the time you read this, you'll be in a higher tiered tank. Problem solved.... But, for the sake of being helpful, autocannons are just for fun and going on the offensive. The higher caliber gun will pen. more, thus, do dmg. So, is a lower rof a real problem? Or, is only doing 11 dmg per "killing burst" more of a problem for you?

Autocannons can be effective now and then; but, youll get better results with higher power guns, most of the time.

Kritdonkulus #4 Posted May 23 2011 - 03:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31821 battles
  • [DICE] DICE
There's a bit to consider when picking a gun for your tank.

R.o.F, how often are you going to be able to show the enemy what's up.

Damage, not as important as everybody thinks but still something to consider.

Penetration, very important this decides if your actually going to damage them or not.

The most important part is, what tanks you'll likely be facing. Sometimes shooting them in the face isn't always the best idea. If you skulk around a bit you can use a less pentrative gun but with more damage to hit people through their sides/rear. It's just a matter of knowing how much penetration you need.

Granted this also depends if your playing a medium,light,heavy tank. Medium/Light tanks are more likely to skulks around while...trying to do so in the heavy...meh it's easier to slam them in the face.

aquabat #5 Posted May 23 2011 - 05:13

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 10370 battles
Unless you are shooting HE, you cannot damage something you cannot penetrate. Think of tanks HP as virginity of sorts. Anyway, a good thing to do is study the tanks. Learn their weaknesses, where to shoot, where not to shoot. Learn what are your tanks weakspots. Well, the cunningham is a driving weak spot, but as you get better tanks, that will be crucial.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users