Can you get banned for...?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Eblim #1 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14355 battles
Killing a player on your team? It's what I've heard and that's absolutely ridiculous. I wanted to put a big mouth in his place. My father is a fire-chief and he can set a fire-hydrant next to your car and right you up a ticket, which is fairly similar to this. In other words, you're getting banned with a given option to kill your own team mate. If you can't kill your own team mate without getting banned, why was team killing implanted in the first place?

It's only what I've heard and if it's not true, just ignore the rest I suppose.

Thanks in advance,
Eblim

Green_Ghost #2 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16051 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
To keep the game more realistic, friendly fire is not friendly.
you do not get instant banned for an accident or few hits
TK is not added to game so you can agrue and shoot someone who calls you a noob or whatever. (edited) not saying you did this, was used as an example. Have seen it happen a lot, and also at beginning of game if someone accidently collides they shout You hit me and then attack LOL

Brock7142 #3 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:34

Major

• Players
  • 4950 battles

View PostEblim, on May 23 2011 - 01:31, said:

Killing a player on your team? It's what I've heard and that's absolutely ridiculous. I wanted to put a big mouth in his place. My father is a fire-chief and he can set a fire-hydrant next to your car and right you up a ticket, which is fairly similar to this. In other words, you're getting banned with a given option to kill your own team mate. If you can't kill your own team mate without getting banned, why was team killing implanted in the first place?

It's only what I've heard the.

Thanks in advance,
Eblim

What's wrong?

If you see a player on your team with a blue name, you can blast him to pieces and not get in trouble, per the patch notes on team killing.

That said, if that player keeps on team killing in game after game, they get banned.

Team killing is not cool at all. If someones running around intentionally killing team mates, that jerk off needs to go.

Eblim #4 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14355 battles
The famous Brock! Hello.

Thanks for the replies. It was just more than someone calling me a "noob". He was intentionally blocking my shots so he would have the option of reporting me. Not only that, he was mouthing off at me. I didn't shoot him once, because I wanted it to be fairplay and have everyone enjoy the game. But thanks for answer my question.

Sturmtiger_304 #5 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hello Eblim.

You can screenshot when the griefer is doing the actions to: Support@worldoftanks.com
Griefers are not tolerated in this game, so they will be punished as the rules is written.

Eblim #6 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14355 battles
Where can I locate my screenshots? I've looked in the World Of Tanks folder and I've found nothing.

Lougle #7 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13037 battles

View PostSturmtiger_304, on May 23 2011 - 01:42, said:

Hello Eblim.

You can screenshot when the griefer is doing the actions to: Support@worldoftanks.com
Griefers are not tolerated in this game, so they will be punished as the rules is written.

^^

I have been online gaming for years.  Grievers are there in every game, but this one has surprisingly few of them.  Screenshot and move on is the best bet.  Even if you do get upset (I know I have sometimes), the best thing you can do is not respond to the antics of these small minority of morons.  Letting them know that you were upset is their aim.  Don't give them the satisfaction.

Hotwired #8 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
When you press your print screen button a screen shot is saved to your world of tanks folder @ C:\Games\World_of_Tanks

They are called shot_1.jpg, shot_2.jpg etc

Sturmtiger_304 #9 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:50

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
My computer/C:/Games/WorldofTanks The  screenshots usually tends to place themself rather at the bottom of the file.

Oh, Hotwired beated me to it.

Brock7142 #10 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:52

Major

• Players
  • 4950 battles

View PostEblim, on May 23 2011 - 01:39, said:

The famous Brock! Hello.

Thanks for the replies. It was just more than someone calling me a "noob". He was intentionally blocking my shots so he would have the option of reporting me. Not only that, he was mouthing off at me. I didn't shoot him once, because I wanted it to be fairplay and have everyone enjoy the game. But thanks for answer my question.
OOOhhh I see.

Well hey, just take screen shots when they do that, and send support a long-winded message with full details. He'll be taken care of. =)

Eblim #11 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14355 battles
Thank you, I've found it. I will use this tool for future reference.

Slayer1o7 #12 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 12:27

Private

• Players
  • 36845 battles
  • [RN-R] RN-R
I friendly fire all the time it is fun :Smile_Default:

Edited by Slayer1o7, Oct 05 2012 - 06:07.

Beerstein #13 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 12:35

Major

• Players
  • 15964 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Just found out about the blue name myself heh. I've only hit 2 allies directly since I started back playing (used to play in beta), one was a tker I was protecting allies from, the other was a guy diving in front of my already airborne (and 3rd) artillery shell on my near dead target (ally died). Other than that since I've been playing arty in 100+ games in the past two days the splash off enemy hulls hitting humping allies has added up I guess as this kill got me a blue name. I doubt, and at least hope it wont lead to a ban, considering going up the TD line til the name goes back though, playing non stop artillery in a couple binge days of playing doesn't end well I suppose.

kjfett #14 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 15:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4533 battles

View PostBeerstein, on Aug 21 2011 - 12:35, said:

Just found out about the blue name myself heh. I've only hit 2 allies directly since I started back playing (used to play in beta), one was a tker I was protecting allies from, the other was a guy diving in front of my already airborne (and 3rd) artillery shell on my near dead target (ally died). Other than that since I've been playing arty in 100+ games in the past two days the splash off enemy hulls hitting humping allies has added up I guess as this kill got me a blue name. I doubt, and at least hope it wont lead to a ban, considering going up the TD line til the name goes back though, playing non stop artillery in a couple binge days of playing doesn't end well I suppose.

Correct, friendly fire does result when you go shooting a highly inaccurate 155mm HE round at an enemy tank that is face hugging a friendly.  Don't take those shots.  The odds of you damaging a tank are very high.  The odds of you damaging your buddy is 50/50, the same odds of damaging the enemy tank.  As a tanker, only one thing annoys me more than brawling with a tank and taking FF from one of my own SPGs; brawling with a tank and seeing him KOed by one of his own SPGs... seriously, it's happened.  Really, you SPGs wanted my kill so bad that you  were willing to sacrifice your own  to get me?  I just have to chuckle and move on.  

Oh, and friendly fire was a challenge for real tank crews and a very needed element in this game.  You can't just go chucking rounds everywhere hoping something will land.  You have to actually pay attention.  It's part of that whole, "game/challenge" thing.

Darth_Enderis #15 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 16:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11554 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostEblim, on May 23 2011 - 01:39, said:

The infamous Brock! Hello.

I fixed it. See the bold.

Embiggener #16 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 12726 battles

It's only what I've heard and if it's not true, just ignore the rest I suppose.

Thanks in advance,
Eblim

:mellow:

Stray_Bullet #17 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 18:55

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3428 battles
I can't get past how your father would spend thousands of taxpayer dollars to install a hydrant, just so someone would get a 50 dollar ticket.  

If he is actually doing that, you may want to keep it on the downlow.

Embiggener #18 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 12726 battles

View PostStray_Bullet, on Aug 21 2011 - 18:55, said:

I can't get past how your father would spend thousands of taxpayer dollars to install a hydrant, just so someone would get a 50 dollar ticket.  

If he is actually doing that, you may want to keep it on the downlow.

I thought the same thing, but I think he's implying that doing so is wrong, and equating that with someone parking in front of you and forcing a TK.

Moonrider #19 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 30553 battles
  • [N2DP] N2DP

Killing a player on your team? It's what I've heard and that's absolutely ridiculous.

I feel that an INTENTIONAL team-killer/damager is a traitor, pure and simple. There is NO excuse for intentionally killing a team-mate that doesn't ultimately boil down to, "I'm a whiny, selfish twit having a hissy fit." I'm glad you avoided the temptation. Sometimes it's really hard.

Someone who habitually TKs needs to be permanently banned ASAP.

Yes, there will be friendly fire incidents and "fender-benders". Those should and do carry consequences too. With care a player can minimize those.

I'm not a great player, but I've only had two TK incidents in almost 1900 games. Both were arty, both situations where the round was in the air and "intercepted" by a team-mate deciding to close in on the target. In both instances I was extremely apologetic even though there was really nothing I could have done to change things. I use the "Targeting" key to try to warn about incoming.

Beerstein #20 Posted Aug 21 2011 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 15964 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postkjfett, on Aug 21 2011 - 15:26, said:

Correct, friendly fire does result when you go shooting a highly inaccurate 155mm HE round at an enemy tank that is face hugging a friendly.  Don't take those shots.  The odds of you damaging a tank are very high.  The odds of you damaging your buddy is 50/50, the same odds of damaging the enemy tank.  As a tanker, only one thing annoys me more than brawling with a tank and taking FF from one of my own SPGs; brawling with a tank and seeing him KOed by one of his own SPGs... seriously, it's happened.  Really, you SPGs wanted my kill so bad that you  were willing to sacrifice your own  to get me?  I just have to chuckle and move on.  

Oh, and friendly fire was a challenge for real tank crews and a very needed element in this game.  You can't just go chucking rounds everywhere hoping something will land.  You have to actually pay attention.  It's part of that whole, "game/challenge" thing.
thats why I keep the arc on the other side of the enemy so i got 50/50 on not hitting or hitting the enemy, only once has the shell landed outside the arc (funny enough that was the one that killed a guy and turned my name blue even though he ran between me and the enemy after I fired and he decided to facehump an already dead enemy that he knew an arty was unloading on well before he got there, so really who was trying to "ks"?), other times again it's splash damage off the enemy hull who takes way more damage, also when I'm taking these shots I'm not stealing kills I'm saving an ally who engaged a stronger enemy, not that I believe in ksing it's a team game. In any case now that I hit blue name I'll switch to a TD line for now, and when I come back to arty I'll be letting a lot more allies die.