2 questions about my strumpanzer I bison.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

heltamr #1 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:36

Private

• Players
  • 142 battles
1. I'm 100% certain I've researched the whole page and it won't go elite. Any ideas as to why? I'm just stacking up useless research experience.

2. Should I be using HE ammo exclusively? and is there a way to move the HE ammo to the number 1 slot and/or tell my gunner to load the HE first?  If the first is yes, disregard the second i suppose.

Sturmtiger_304 #2 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:44

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hello Heltamr, it would be easier for us to understand the issue if you can bring up a screenshot of your Bison research page.

If the problem persists, you can try the support page here: https://support.worldoftanks.com/

DemonicSpoon #3 Posted May 23 2011 - 01:47

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3204 battles

1. I'm 100% certain I've researched the whole page and it won't go elite. Any ideas as to why? I'm just stacking up useless research experience.

Screenshot it and post it here. I've never seen anything like this...You know you have to research the next SPG, right?

2. Should I be using HE ammo exclusively? and is there a way to move the HE ammo to the number 1 slot and/or tell my gunner to load the HE first? If the first is yes, disregard the second i suppose.

Both ammo types for the Bison are HE. You should only really ever use the second one. It costs a bit more per shell, but does more damage...but the additional credits you get from the extra damage more than make up for it.

If you want to swap their positions, click on "Service" in the garage, then on the ammo type you want to swap.

LMG #4 Posted May 23 2011 - 02:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2183 battles
1. You researched everything, including the next SPG?

2. It is suggested, since the splash damage makes up for the lack of accuracy. There is: in your service window, drag the type of ammo you want to place first to the top; if done well, then it must be displayed at the top and the one on top should be displayed where the one you moved was. If you only buy one type of ammo, then that ammo will be loaded automatically.

Zakume #5 Posted May 23 2011 - 02:23

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31445 battles
Make sure you research the next tank, the sturmpanzer II. You need 3500 xp to research it.

Lougle #6 Posted May 23 2011 - 02:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13052 battles

View PostDemonicSpoon, on May 23 2011 - 01:47, said:

If you want to swap their positions, click on "Service" in the garage, then on the ammo type you want to swap.

Thousands of games played and I never knew this  :Smile-bajan2:

Also Heltamr, when in the Service section of the garage make sure you "unload" all of the cheaper shells and "load" only the better ones (credit ones).  Use the slide bar to take no cheapies with you.  Then when in game it will load the better ones because that will be all you have.

Good luck.

heltamr #7 Posted May 23 2011 - 05:48

Private

• Players
  • 142 battles
Once again thanks for the great responses. i went back to go take a screeny, and low an behold, it's elite now. Which is great. I dunno, I've had that kinda happen before, where i had to swap off an back on to a tank before it goes elite, but this is the first time I've had to log for it.

playing an arty is kinda like trying to shoot fish out of stream at night with a muzzle-loader, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. The better ammo helps a lot, thanks again for the tip about how to re-order your ammo.

Maxx71 #8 Posted May 23 2011 - 06:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 18800 battles

View Postheltamr, on May 23 2011 - 01:36, said:

2. Should I be using HE ammo exclusively? and is there a way to move the HE ammo to the number 1 slot and/or tell my gunner to load the HE first?  If the first is yes, disregard the second i suppose.

1. Tank become elite only after you have all research done on that tank regards of crew status.

2. Most Arty use HE as their AP shot isnt that great and also if you shot landed from top side of tank HE is going to do massive damage due to low armor value on top.

Hope this helps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users