movie film youtube replays volunteers extra fan made wwII

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Viper007 #1 Posted Oct 16 2014 - 09:23

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13635 battles
  • [MERC] MERC

The Working Crew film group is needing volunteers to act as extra's in a fan made movie using the World of Tanks replay system.  This movie will be based on historical tanks in the western theater of operations after the D-Day landings.

If you have one or more of the tanks listed below and would like to help make dramatic scenes in a fan made movie come to life, send me a private message with what tanks you have and the approximate time frames you could help.  Any other information or suggestions are also welcome!

What do you get if you help?   Well, a lot of appreciation a dramatic movie you can say you were part of and your name (real or tag) in the credits of each episode.

Quick reminders!   This is not a battle to be won or lost, this is a coordinated choreography of tank movements and firing to portray a dramatic effect in a movie, so do not expect to go into this guns blazing!!!

Each volunteer must be able to use Ventrilo for communication.  Being able to take directions and respond to what is needed, is important, being the life of the party is not!!!

Volunteers must be able to locate, copy, and send me their replays of each session as soon as possible after we complete a session.  This is so the movie episode can be completed on time.  Just how to do that will be explained, if you are contacted to help.

American Tanks will be limited to the following:

Light tanks - M3 Stuart, M5 Stuart, M24 Chaffee

Med. tanks - M3 Lee, M4A2E4, M4 Sherman, M4A3E2, M4A3E8 (Fury excluded), M26 Pershing (see note b)

Tank Destroyers - M10, M18, M36 (see note a)

British Tanks may be used depending on scenarios, a list will be published at a later date.

German Tanks will be limited to the following:

Light tanks - Panzer III A, Panzer II G & J, Panzer 38(t)

Med. tanks - Panzer III, Panzer IV (also the A-D-H versions), Panther, Panther/M10 (see note c)

Heavy tanks - Tiger I, Tiger II (see note c)

Tank Destroyers - Marder II (see note a), Stug III B-G, Hetzer, Marder 38t (see note a), Jagdpanzer IV, Nashorn (see note a), Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger (see note b)

[note a, may be excluded depending on visual distance as they have no visible crew]
[note b, may be excluded due to late arrival in the war]
[note c, may only be used if a Battle of the Bulge scenario requires it]

Self-Propelled Guns (all nations) - will be needed for artillery barrages dramatic effect, but will not be visible.

All tanks, should have the correct armament (guns) for the time period.  This is for historical effect nothing more, so be prepared to change the armament to fit!

Take a part in the movie, who knows, maybe you will get discovered and be a famous actor or tank driver in Hollywood!!

Doom_Monkey #2 Posted Oct 16 2014 - 09:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7166 battles
Call my agent.

BoredSights #3 Posted Oct 16 2014 - 09:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24466 battles
Have you made other movies? If so, I would like to see your previous work before I commit.

Xeraux #4 Posted Oct 16 2014 - 10:12

Major

• Players
  • 19530 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
Not committing by any means, but I've got the Sherman, Jackson, Pz II G, and Pz 38t. I don't have Ventrilo, but if it's free, I'll get it. PM me with some more info, please.

_WARDADDY #5 Posted Oct 16 2014 - 10:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3830 battles
  • [_FURY] _FURY
Sorry but I am booked on another project right now.

Viper007 #6 Posted Oct 17 2014 - 06:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13635 battles
  • [MERC] MERC

View PostBoredSights, on Oct 16 2014 - 04:59, said:

Have you made other movies? If so, I would like to see your previous work before I commit.

Simple answer as far as publicly published (You Tube, etc.) videos go, No!

That being said, not quite sure why it is relevant?

If John Doe attempts to make a movie using WoT replay system and Steven Spielberg does the same, the limitations of the system are the same.  And since your part of the project would be limited to moving the tanks around as directed and firing as directed, I don't see the relevancy of past work.  No one will know if you are driving tank a or tank b, so what does it matter?

I assure you, no one is going to become famous on this, nor is anyone really going to care who did what.  It's a project that may turn out looking good, great, or awesome, or it may bomb a little, or a  lot.

Quite simply, you will spend an hour or two every other week on the scenes, is that so much to ask?  But, it's your decision, volunteer or not, thanks for your interest!

Viper007 #7 Posted Oct 17 2014 - 06:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13635 battles
  • [MERC] MERC

View PostDoom_Monkey, on Oct 16 2014 - 04:36, said:

Call my agent.

Tried, buy he said you owed him money, so no deals!

Viper007 #8 Posted Oct 17 2014 - 06:38

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13635 battles
  • [MERC] MERC

View Post_WARDADDY, on Oct 16 2014 - 05:57, said:

Sorry but I am booked on another project right now.

That's ok, anyone that would give up Jenny for Jolie, can't be that good, maybe next time!!

BoredSights #9 Posted Oct 17 2014 - 07:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24466 battles

View PostViper007, on Oct 16 2014 - 23:32, said:

Simple answer as far as publicly published (You Tube, etc.) videos go, No!

That being said, not quite sure why it is relevant?

If John Doe attempts to make a movie using WoT replay system and Steven Spielberg does the same, the limitations of the system are the same.  And since your part of the project would be limited to moving the tanks around as directed and firing as directed, I don't see the relevancy of past work.  No one will know if you are driving tank a or tank b, so what does it matter?

I assure you, no one is going to become famous on this, nor is anyone really going to care who did what.  It's a project that may turn out looking good, great, or awesome, or it may bomb a little, or a  lot.

Quite simply, you will spend an hour or two every other week on the scenes, is that so much to ask?  But, it's your decision, volunteer or not, thanks for your interest!

What the..? I'm not looking to be famous and don't know how you came up with your conclusions regarding my simple question. I have a lot of free time and a lot of tanks. I was hoping to help but not anymore. Good luck and I look forward to watching your movie.

Also tagged with movie, film, youtube, replays, volunteers, extra, fan made, wwII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users