Hitbox Skins with hit points

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
215 replies to this topic

SHARKMEAT #1 Posted May 23 2011 - 10:09

Captain

• Players
  • 8386 battles
Do you conside HitBox skins a Cheat?...and why would you want to run around on the map with all the tanks looking like a Xmas TREES and missing the pretty skins that are made for you to download. Is winning that much big of a deal to have markers on the tank to show you where the weak points are for you. In my view the skins takes away the thinking and remembering where you have to hit a tank and as of that I say they are CHEATs.. not have it shown in red blue green yelloy colors so you can get a hit on a tank. Be Honest why are you useing the Hit Boxes to lean the hit areas ??. or to aim with out having to think where they are, read a book on weakness points of tanks......CHEERS

Rgr that on the red color.

slippy #2 Posted May 23 2011 - 10:16

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13308 battles

View PostSHARKMEAT, on May 23 2011 - 10:09, said:

Do you conside HitBox skins a Cheat ?...and why would you want to run around on the map with all the tanks looking like a Xmas TREES and missing the pretty skins that are made for you to download.  Is winning that much big of a deal to have markers on the tank to show you where the weak points are for you. In my view the skins takes away the thinking and remembering where you have to hit a tank and as of that I say they are CHEATs.. not have it shown in red blue green yelloy colors so you can get a hit on a tank. Be Honest why are you useing the Hit Boxes to lean the hit areas ??. or to aim with out having to think where they are, read a book on weakness points of tanks......CHEERS
Have to say i consider this Hitbox skin thing falls into the category for me atleast, A CHEAT!!!1

konigwolf13 #3 Posted May 23 2011 - 10:31

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7711 battles
First of all let me say I like my pretty skins so I havn't used the Hitbox skins.

Now, I personally dont consider them cheats, if they were cheats it wouldnt be possible to do it. Many people who play here are casual gamers, they have day jobs, or go to school and only have an hour or wo at most a day to play, do you really begrudge them something that makes it easier and/or more enjoyable for them? Some newcommers use the hitboxes as a handicap to help combat the more experienced without always having their butts handed to them on a silver platter. Most people here or not military, let alone trained in tanks use or attack. I certainly don't begrudge them the use of hitboxes, mores the challenge. I play this game for fun and challenge not to white wash everytime I play.

slippy #4 Posted May 23 2011 - 10:48

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13308 battles
:)

Belesarius #5 Posted May 23 2011 - 10:49

Major

• Players
  • 7745 battles
Devs don't consider it a cheat, skins are allowed, and even encouraged.  Not a violation of the TOS, therefor not a cheat.

Edit: I don't use them myself.  I like my tanks to be nice looking.

konigwolf13 #6 Posted May 23 2011 - 10:58

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7711 battles

View Postslippy, on May 23 2011 - 10:48, said:

First of all what the hell has having a day job or school got to do with using this hitbox skin? You talk about how it helps the inexperienced but don't say anything about how it might infact handicap people who dont use this hitbox skin. You sir are a MORON!!!!

Hard day at the office?  :facepalmic:

Kwaji #7 Posted May 23 2011 - 12:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 1742 battles

View Postslippy, on May 23 2011 - 10:48, said:

First of all what the hell has having a day job or school got to do with using this hitbox skin? You talk about how it helps the inexperienced but don't say anything about how it might infact handicap people who dont use this hitbox skin. You sir are a MORON!!!! Bring on the negative votes, Just reinforces that it's a cheat and i'm right.

What we have here is a me. Its all about me and if you dont agree with me then you are wrong because me is right.

Hitbox skins are not cheats. They are there for those who need the help finding the weak spots in armor. I didnt even knew they were around until you posted about them.

Neospid #8 Posted May 23 2011 - 12:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 10741 battles
  • [ACES] ACES
More of a crutch for scrubs than a cheat.

Getty #9 Posted May 23 2011 - 15:01

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14422 battles
  • [RS] RS
Giant threads on this topic many times over.... Devs say its fine, its even linked to in THIS fourm. You wasted your time.

Stryker3 #10 Posted May 23 2011 - 15:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9836 battles
I am conflicted on the subject, and do not use them.  They do not make your tank aim better or faster, or make it more likely to hit where you aim.  So in this sense it is not a cheat.  You still have to manually aim at the vital areas. I think it would be better if you could just print them as flash cards so you could study them.  In using them this way.  It would remove all the controversy.

xakthos #11 Posted May 23 2011 - 16:43

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 3577 battles

View PostStryker3, on May 23 2011 - 15:26, said:

I am conflicted on the subject, and do not use them.  They do not make your tank aim better or faster, or make it more likely to hit where you aim.  So in this sense it is not a cheat.  You still have to manually aim at the vital areas. I think it would be better if you could just print them as flash cards so you could study them.  In using them this way.  It would remove all the controversy.

I concur. I'd rather just remember the spots and aim at them than have everything I look at a hodge podge of markings.

SHARKMEAT #12 Posted May 23 2011 - 20:57

Captain

• Players
  • 8386 battles

View PostBelesarius, on May 23 2011 - 10:49, said:

Devs don't consider it a cheat, skins are allowed, and even encouraged.  Not a violation of the TOS, therefor not a cheat.

I can say the DEV has know way to control the skins or what goes on them, with out rewriting the entire game codes, it is a one sided server thing, but that still dosen't make it honkey dora correct for people given away my tanks critical hitpoints area on my tank, let them do there on home work on the tanks soft spots. I don't care if you run around in a PINK tank, because it is yours to see, but when some one releases a shin that show my tank with hitpoints that can speed up the sighting of the parts of the tank, for a fast % shot is not in the game best interest far as fare play. I wish it was like the old Raven shield days where you could put a should patch on and everone on both side could see it, or the graphic's of the skins that people us, but that whould mean extra codeing for the DEV as per say free game, with lots of gold being sold....for the heavy pockets....CHEERS

SHARKMEAT #13 Posted May 23 2011 - 21:02

Captain

• Players
  • 8386 battles

View PostStryker3, on May 23 2011 - 15:26, said:

You mean to say you can't look at a big Yelloy point on the tank and turn your turret faster to hit that spot with the skin hitpoints come on give me a break..........CHEERS

BlindProphet #14 Posted May 23 2011 - 21:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4571 battles

View PostSHARKMEAT, on May 23 2011 - 21:02, said:

You mean to say you can't look at a big Yelloy point on the tank and turn your turret faster to hit that spot with the skin hitpoints come on give me a break..........CHEERS

Contrary to popular belief the color yellow, regardless of the amount of area it covers, does not speed up turret rotation speed, or decrease aim time on guns.

Furthermore it has been found that no color in the visible spectrum has the ability to alter turret traverse speeds or gun aim time much less accuracy.

That is all.

Dirg #15 Posted May 23 2011 - 21:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 18340 battles
  • [KBEAR] KBEAR

View PostSHARKMEAT, on May 23 2011 - 21:02, said:

Those points are already obvious if you know they exist. Having them on the skin does nothing for you but show you where things are you may not have known. Does it help noobs kill tanks they once thought invulnerable? Yes it does. By the time you are in a tank ibg enough to make these useful you should know all those spots anyway so non-issue for non-baddies.

SHARKMEAT #16 Posted May 23 2011 - 21:15

Captain

• Players
  • 8386 battles

View PostBelesarius, on May 23 2011 - 10:49, said:

DEV's This is like a Inf man running around on the battle field with a big Red spot on his chest saying hit me here it will kill me.....CHEERS

BTW: How long did the DEV labor ( I'm saying they put in quiet a bit ) to get the hit points where they are now, and how did the skin makers find these hitpoint codes that was coded into the games tanks. Did they use a file editors to open the WOT game files to find the spots or just a lucky stab at drawing of skins hitpoints, who knows !!!!.

boxtosser #17 Posted May 23 2011 - 21:20

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 7220 battles

View PostSHARKMEAT, on May 23 2011 - 21:15, said:

DEV's This is like a Inf man running around on the battle field with a big Red spot on his chest saying hit me here it will kill me.....CHEERS

BTW: How long did the DEV labor ( I'm saying they put in quiet a bit ) to get the hit points where they are now, and how did the skin makers find these hitpoint codes that was coded into the games tanks. Did they use a file editors to open the WOT game files to find the spots or just a lucky stab at drawing of skins hitpoints, who knows !!!!.

News flash:  you aren't so special and awesome and important that you have the right to tell other players how to play the game.

SHARKMEAT #18 Posted May 23 2011 - 21:51

Captain

• Players
  • 8386 battles

View Postboxtosser, on May 23 2011 - 21:20, said:

News flash:  you aren't so special and awesome and important that you have the right to tell other players how to play the game.

Where have I made a statment to where I told any one how to play the game ?? (if you want to use skin hitpoints find with me....But for the record I am special, awesome and important, I pay alot of tax money for some to live free as this games is to play, but not spicial-important - awesome far as the game goes, now you have a nice day and enjoy the free game. CHEERS

CommodoreFrank #19 Posted May 23 2011 - 21:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6426 battles
  • [NTMRE] NTMRE
I'm not a fan of them, but it's not like they do anything for you that you can't already learn yourself, so it's not really cheating. If you ask me, they take some fun out of the game, because I like learning weak spots through experimentation.

SHARKMEAT #20 Posted May 23 2011 - 23:04

Captain

• Players
  • 8386 battles

View PostSHARKMEAT, on May 23 2011 - 10:09, said:

Do you conside HitBox skins a Cheat?...and why would you want to run around on the map with all the tanks looking like a Xmas TREE and missing the pretty skins that players that took time to make the skins for your enjoyment for you to download. Is winning that much big of a deal you bet your life it is, but not at the expence of showing my critical hit points on tanks to show you the weak points for you; read a book or watch History Channel lol. In my view the skill level of the tanker counts into the reading and understanding of weakness of there enemy, and showing Hitpoint skins takes away the thinking and remembering where you have to hit a tank and as in that manner. In my personal view I say they are CHEAT Skins.. I don't think they should be shown actualy in the game in the colors red blue green yelloy so you can get a hit on a tank with out seeing a bulls eye to the point of sight. Be Honest why are you useing the Hit Boxes to learn the hit areas ??, read a book on weakness points of tanks as a real tank commander would have to do in battle, and pump your fist with joy of the KILL, knowing you did it the old fashion way you earned it, by leaning and remembering where to aim, and not having to look at a checkered board......CHEERS

Rgr that on the red color.
Edited for Info