Jump to content


Hitbox Skins with hit points


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
215 replies to this topic

Stray_Bullet #101 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 19:43

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 139
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

View PostPuddleDuck, on Jun 13 2011 - 19:26, said:

  http://www.wotskins.ru/uploads/posts/2011-03/thumbs/1301244799_www_wotskins_ru_pic_0001.jpg

Wait, is that the Popemobile?  :lol:

Sure everyone can use them, but it really takes away from the gameplay if you pretty much have to, just to level the playing field.

Why not just disallow them to level the playing field? Then even new players who don't know about them aren't at any real disadvantage. And if the people who use them truly are learning where weakspots are from them, then they should still remember where they are without the skins.

Nis #102 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 19:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 391
  • Member since:
    03-15-2011
Overload already answered this it is not a cheat and has not broken the EULA

Shaviv #103 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 19:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011
I feel about hitbox skins the same way I feel about affirmative action: I don't think either really affects me, so I'm not sure why I should care that much about people's objections to them.

Honestly, the way I tend to play the game, I don't think most opposing players are going to be able to use the hitboxes on my tanks to their advantage. It's much easier for them to simply track me at 400m and then blow off the turret, punch a hole in the transmission, etc. And I'll do the same to them if I catch them unawares. No big deal.

Captain_Dorja #104 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 20:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 383
  • Member since:
    10-27-2010
I'm breaking the first rule of forums where I post with out reading the whole thread.

Personally I think the hitbox skins are cheats, but WN doesn't so that ends that.

The reason why I think they are cheats is that if players were intended to have the hitboxes just sitting there waiting for them to be exploited with that level of ease, they would show up on your tank as it is. It takes away a lot of player skill to have a nice white square labeled "Ammo rack. Pen here and get a 1 shot kill on something you should really not even damage much." That is my two cents. Like it or leave it.

Kophka #105 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 20:26

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 750
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011
I'll agree with the "It's not cool" crowd here. This is a personal thing, and I'm not going to expect the next guy to post here to agree with me. I will say that I used to have a lot of respect for some of the better tank drivers in this game, until I found out they were using it. These are guys that continually wreck the enemy, and I have to wonder how good they would have really been without this cheat.

For the people that say "well, it's not a cheat", would you tell people in the in-game chat that you are using it? Or do you feel a need to keep it quiet, in the hopes that people won't make fun of you? If the answer is "no, I don't talk about it in the in-game chat", then do yourself a favor, and get rid of the noob-skins. If the answer is "I use it, and I'm proud of it", then that's fine too, it's your game, on your computer, and play it how you like. Just don't expect anyone to respect you at all when they find out you use these skins.

Momaw #106 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 20:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,534
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011
As a further thought: If you want the player to be able to skin their own vehicle for personal cool factor on the client end, then let them skin their OWN vehicle. That is, when in battle, no other vehicles in the battle use non-standard skins. Only the specific and unique one that you are driving.

Dirg #107 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 20:36

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,702
  • Member since:
    12-03-2010

View PostCaptain_Dorja, on Jun 13 2011 - 20:05, said:

I'm breaking the first rule of forums where I post with out reading the whole thread.

Personally I think the hitbox skins are cheats, but WN doesn't so that ends that.

The reason why I think they are cheats is that if players were intended to have the hitboxes just sitting there waiting for them to be exploited with that level of ease, they would show up on your tank as it is. It takes away a lot of player skill to have a nice white square labeled "Ammo rack. Pen here and get a 1 shot kill on something you should really not even damage much." That is my two cents. Like it or leave it.
It's true if they wanted you to know where weak spots on enemy tanks were they would have built in some kind of penetration detector that would let you know if the spot you aimed at was a good place to hit or not.

Seriously there is no magic in this game nor mystery let it go.

Cruor #108 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 20:48

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 315
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
It is a cheat to use hit box skins. Guess what? Devs could say rape is not a crime does not mean its true. Hit box skins give you an advantage over others that was not built into the game. Its a crutch for crappy players. Is it as powerful as a cheat that would double your damage and armor? No, but its still a boost, and thus a cheat.

smokntuesdays #109 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 21:20

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 3,182
  • Member since:
    09-20-2010

View PostDirg, on Jun 13 2011 - 20:36, said:

It's true if they wanted you to know where weak spots on enemy tanks were they would have built in some kind of penetration detector that would let you know if the spot you aimed at was a good place to hit or not.

Seriously there is no magic in this game nor mystery let it go.

So then why is it even needed or used in the first place.

You simply can not get around the fact that if the player wasn't getting an advantage from it they wouldn't be used.   People aren't just going to ugly up the experience without a good reason, and the reason is obvious.

SlickDesGrieux #110 Posted Jun 13 2011 - 21:21

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    04-09-2011

View PostCruor, on Jun 13 2011 - 20:48, said:

It is a cheat to use hit box skins. Guess what? Devs could say rape is not a crime does not mean its true. Hit box skins give you an advantage over others that was not built into the game. Its a crutch for crappy players. Is it as powerful as a cheat that would double your damage and armor? No, but its still a boost, and thus a cheat.

Its a crutch for crappy players all right.  However it is not a boost that other players can't have.  As any one can turn on the pen coloration on the crosshairs, which give the same boot with out messing up those nice looking tank skins.  So feel free to make your tanks look like crazy hippy protest signs.  The rest of us will just shoot when the crosshair goes green.


View PostDirg, on Jun 13 2011 - 20:36, said:

It's true if they wanted you to know where weak spots on enemy tanks were they would have built in some kind of penetration detector that would let you know if the spot you aimed at was a good place to hit or not.

Seriously there is no magic in this game nor mystery let it go.

They do check under the last crosshair selection box and you will your find penetration detector built into the game by the devs.

thunderbluetank #111 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 06:00

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011
jow do u get hitbox?

thunderbluetank #112 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 06:00

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011
how u get hitbox

KillerAyvaz #113 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 07:00

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,316
  • Member since:
    03-29-2011

View PostBobFromMarketing, on Jun 13 2011 - 09:23, said:

This is perfectly fair, because you too can use them you see.

That's your response to my analogy of using a cheatsheet in school? Um..yes it makes it "fair", as in, why can he use a cheatsheet when I don't, and then maybe I get one too and its "fair". What you fail to realize is that we would both still be cheating in that circumstance, just because you can do it too doesnt make it right and not a cheat. Try Again.

Kophka #114 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 16:31

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 750
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011
I still have to point out that all the people who agree that using the hitbox skins is not cheating STILL take the time to assure everyone that they don't use them. That should tell you something right there.  :D

WaffleFries #115 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 17:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 321
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

View PostKophka, on Jun 14 2011 - 16:31, said:

I still have to point out that all the people who agree that using the hitbox skins is not cheating STILL take the time to assure everyone that they don't use them. That should tell you something right there.  :D

Its not cheating (the development staff has said so) and I use the hitbox skins.  I've been playing this game for nearly 1 year but I see no reason to memorize the weakspots/modules when I can use this skin.  Also, I'd be willing to bet many players in the competitive part of this game (Clan Wars) are using it, so why disadvantage yourself?

I also use contour mods because I don't need to memorize what tank shapes represent each tank, my contour mod also has hull armor values on it, another piece of info that I don't need to memorize.

FlatCat #116 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 19:00

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,861
  • Member since:
    11-28-2010
I know some people in the game must use them to many critical hits going on now that they have been posted.
It happens almost ever game some people will always use an edge the skins are one.

I do not use them or want to use them they world ruin the game for me. Two reasons they look freaking ugly on the battle field
How people that post the videos can enjoy WOT like that. I like my tanks looking like tanks not cartoon drawings.

Also seems like most people would know the weak spots anyway. Ports vision, Engine, gun, treads, and so on.

I will be glad the day the skins go server side and we can see what skins people are wearing you know this Hitbox skins will be gone.

hardicon #117 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 19:05

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 5,039
  • Member since:
    07-03-2010
I dont think they are a cheat, but I think they should be classified as a cheat and should be eliminated.  At first I thought well they aint that bad, I mean most of this stuff people already knows about and besides sometimes id rather them take out modules and crewmen rather than do damage to me, because im gonna do damage to them and then ill be ahead in the dps race to get their health to zero.  then something strange happened, i realized this mod allows them to set you on fire all the time, then i started to get set on fire all the time, like once a game.  that is when I decided they are a cheat.  sure we all know hitting someone in the engine can set them on fire, but that is still a chance that it will but with these hit box skin mods i swear there are places that can be set on fire every time it is struck and that is what they hit box skins show.  t23 got set on fire nearly every match, that 25 percent chance to catch on fire for me was like 90 percent.  fire kills in this game.  

so yes i think hit box skin mods should be banned, but as of right now they are not a cheat.

furthermore if someone does use them now while they are legal and allowed, i think it needs to make the hitboxes of the owners tanks show up also so everyone is on equal footing.  wonder if that would stop it.

Dirg #118 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 19:11

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,702
  • Member since:
    12-03-2010

View Postsmokntuesdays, on Jun 13 2011 - 21:20, said:

So then why is it even needed or used in the first place.

You simply can not get around the fact that if the player wasn't getting an advantage from it they wouldn't be used.   People aren't just going to ugly up the experience without a good reason, and the reason is obvious.

It's not needed unless you're bad. Don't use it never needed because I already know how to play the game.

View PostSlickDesGrieux, on Jun 13 2011 - 21:21, said:

They do check under the last crosshair selection box and you will your find penetration detector built into the game by the devs.
Yes I know, this is my point entirely it was sarcasm.

The game has a built in aimbot and a weak spot detector. The hit box skins are a learning tool for new players and a crutch for those who never figure out how to find weak spots on their own. You guys really just need to let it go you are not getting your way on this they made a call and that's it end of thread.

inkedjester #119 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 19:25

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011
hmm, I can honestly say that I never used this "cheat". and why i say its a cheat, for one when i have cross hairs over the enemy and he is behind a bush what do u seee??? i see just the green outline and when i swing my cross around i get red/yellow/green colors.. but i still can only see the tank OUTLINE.. so if i was using this "mod" aka "CHEAT" i could easily score hits on my enemy while he hides in the bush..?? its a cheat and it ruins the game for HONEST players...

just my .02

:Smile-izmena: back to the battle fields!

WaffleFries #120 Posted Jun 14 2011 - 19:37

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 321
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

View Postinkedjester, on Jun 14 2011 - 19:25, said:

hmm, I can honestly say that I never used this "cheat". and why i say its a cheat, for one when i have cross hairs over the enemy and he is behind a bush what do u seee??? i see just the green outline and when i swing my cross around i get red/yellow/green colors.. but i still can only see the tank OUTLINE.. so if i was using this "mod" aka "CHEAT" i could easily score hits on my enemy while he hides in the bush..?? its a cheat and it ruins the game for HONEST players...

just my .02

:Smile-izmena: back to the battle fields!

No, if the enemy is in/behind a bush you can't see the hitbox skin.  You only see the tank outline when the enemy is in a bush.