Enemy detected, but vehicle not spotted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

MajorOffensive #1 Posted May 24 2011 - 15:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 32139 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
I am uncertain what changes were made to the spotting system with the last patch, or how the camo net works now.  Twice I have seen the icon and name of an enemy appear, but I could not see the vehicle itself.  My reticle turned green when I hovered over it, and when I fired and hit the vehicle, it de-cloaked like it should have been visible the entire time.  I only wish I would have thought to take screenshots.

Steel_Viper #2 Posted May 24 2011 - 21:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5427 battles

View PostGroFaZ, on May 24 2011 - 15:51, said:

I am uncertain what changes were made to the spotting system with the last patch, or how the camo net works now.  Twice I have seen the icon and name of an enemy appear, but I could not see the vehicle itself.  My reticle turned green when I hovered over it, and when I fired and hit the vehicle, it de-cloaked like it should have been visible the entire time.  I only wish I would have thought to take screenshots.

Don't forget to take into affect server/game lag between when someone spots something and it gets to you, and there is also lag between seeing it in normal view and sniper view. Could have just been a bad packet loss at that time.

RayJones #3 Posted May 24 2011 - 21:43

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6394 battles
Yeah, its been happening to me 2 especially when I am using the overhead artillery scope and I directly jump from one sector of minimap to another. It takes around 2-3sec for the enemy tanks to be seen which is enough for them to disappear again.

No fault of the spotting system though.Its the lag. Try using the blue server reticule using caps lock+0. It tells you where the server  is actually recording your aim since that the only one that matters.

MajorOffensive #4 Posted May 24 2011 - 22:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 32139 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
That's why I wish I had screenshots.  I'm not sure lag would cause this issue.  My game client knows where the vehicle is.  The red type icon and name appear in game, and not just on the minimap.  I waited a few seconds to see if the vehicle would show up while hovering my reticule over the vehicle.  After I fired and scored a hit, it appeared in the middle of the plain where it had been sitting the entire time, right under the red name.  Because the vehicle appeared when hit, it seems more like a problem with rendering a spotted vehicle, unless it is a new WAD effect of camo net or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users