Schoolbus Dominates Rumble in the West

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted Oct 29 2014 - 18:32

Wargaming America

• Players
  • 0 battles
Tournament finals featured a rematch of the Season 4 championship.

Full news text

storm0545 #2 Posted Oct 29 2014 - 19:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13030 battles
  • [TACBR] TACBR
So in other words our team sucked well that's a downer :(

BeachVolleyba11Legend #3 Posted Oct 29 2014 - 19:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26086 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
I watched it, the NA teams simply had no chance. It was still fun to see the best players in the world go against each other.

WarPaint #4 Posted Oct 29 2014 - 19:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6849 battles
  • [GGIFT] GGIFT

View Poststorm0545, on Oct 29 2014 - 20:06, said:

So in other words our team sucked well that's a downer :(

No in other words the other team was better.

greentatertot #5 Posted Oct 29 2014 - 20:30

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 19070 battles
glad they had fun :)

AMartin223 #6 Posted Oct 29 2014 - 20:47

Major

• Players
  • 12594 battles
  • [T1C] T1C

View PostBlackAceOfDeath, on Oct 29 2014 - 14:23, said:

I watched it, the NA teams simply had no chance. It was still fun to see the best players in the world go against each other.

I wouldn't say we had no chance; our match against VPro was closer than it looked; you have to realize that in that ruleset one loss is basically an auto-loss, so our tactics on himmelsdorf were kind of forced out of desperation.  That being said, VPro was definitely a better team (and IMO better than Schoolbus, who didn't so much beat VPro as VPro lost; then again, this has happened twice in a row now).  In any case, it was a tough tournament to play, not a whole lot of practice leading into it (since everybody else is getting prepared for the new format), plus I didn't realize the full implications of the EU ruleset until I had to play it.  I can definitely see us going to 3 draws and a tiebreaker against VPro if I could do it again, but in any case, everything finished more or less as predicted.  There definitely was not as big a gap between us and VPro as I thought there would be though, we just didn't quite get to show it, making a bad mistake on Ruinberg/in map picking, and then also playing pretty poorly against BAE.  

JackQueRudo #7 Posted Oct 30 2014 - 03:00

Major

• Players
  • 25661 battles

View PostAMartin223, on Oct 29 2014 - 12:47, said:

I wouldn't say we had no chance; our match against VPro was closer than it looked; you have to realize that in that ruleset one loss is basically an auto-loss, so our tactics on himmelsdorf were kind of forced out of desperation.  That being said, VPro was definitely a better team (and IMO better than Schoolbus, who didn't so much beat VPro as VPro lost; then again, this has happened twice in a row now).  In any case, it was a tough tournament to play, not a whole lot of practice leading into it (since everybody else is getting prepared for the new format), plus I didn't realize the full implications of the EU ruleset until I had to play it.  I can definitely see us going to 3 draws and a tiebreaker against VPro if I could do it again, but in any case, everything finished more or less as predicted.  There definitely was not as big a gap between us and VPro as I thought there would be though, we just didn't quite get to show it, making a bad mistake on Ruinberg/in map picking, and then also playing pretty poorly against BAE.  
You had no chance

Catapult #8 Posted Oct 30 2014 - 08:08

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 31895 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
All I'm reading in that is RUSSIA STRONK

GeeForcer #9 Posted Oct 30 2014 - 17:40

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 13801 battles
  • [GTTM] GTTM

View PostAmanda_HugginKiss, on Oct 29 2014 - 21:00, said:

You had no chance

In another time and place, it could have been closer. But yes, neither of us had much of a chance against them for this event. When you have the EU teams consisting of many full time players practicing many hours every day, you really need to put in the work to be even close to matching them. On top of that the cards were somewhat stacked against the NA teams seeing as we were dealing with jet lag and trying to figure out how all the EU tournament rules worked together and their implications.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but the NA and EU teams were at a different level of play for RITW which was shown in the matches. That is not to say that the EU league is far superior to the NA league, it's just in the case it wasn't close.

Edited by GeeForcer, Oct 30 2014 - 17:41.

Rilak #10 Posted Oct 30 2014 - 20:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57708 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
they mentioned virtus pro was practicing 6 hours a day for 6 days a week......  thats 36 hours  for the last  month+ or so.... thats a pretty intense sched. (still only got 2nd) ($1250 payday) the US pro teams normally practice 1 or 2 days  week for 2 hours.  ( and all the guys work or have school  but a few)  Its really about what your time is worth, u can make 500+ a week working a basic job or  make alot less   playing WOT esports..... until you actually play on a  WGLNA team you dont understand the learning curve, then you go over seas and you play guys who do this 24/7  every month and it is their job  its easy to say the US teams  sucked blah blah, but i dont see any of the guys criticizing putting their  team in the mix ?, or did they get beat out and are butt hurt?)

Edited by Rilak, Oct 30 2014 - 20:27.

SFC_Storm #11 Posted Oct 30 2014 - 20:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 15366 battles

Why do they not pick our better teams? Im not trying to be mean but why not teams who are sponsored and able to put in the time?

It seems like they always do something to make NA look bad. Ural Steel was just full of shady crap and it seems like everytime we have a tourney we are using our B teams.

Why didnt SIMP or FNC play them? I mean technically SIMP and FNC were not the champs here anyways so it wouldnt be our very best champions, but V Pro is a Professional team damnit.

Also why isnt Eu and NA the same? Im sick of this crapwith all the diff between servers. Either we need to have 3 diff games completely and do things like nerf tanks that are OP on one server and not another or we all need the same rules 100% of the time.

Im sick of T62a`s looking like crapstatistically because the millions of blood red ruskis get them as newbs and keep there stats down while the M48 who is owned by only there good players on there 5th lines of tanks and keeping them great and WG saying the tanks are balanced and then the same time some mods are legal her and not there etc etc.

Seems like NA is the red headed step child in all things, which is fine as long as we acknowledge it and try to make rules to level playing field.

Edited by SFC_Storm, Oct 30 2014 - 20:43.

JackQueRudo #12 Posted Oct 30 2014 - 22:57

Major

• Players
  • 25661 battles

View PostRilak, on Oct 30 2014 - 12:18, said:

they mentioned virtus pro was practicing 6 hours a day for 6 days a week......  thats 36 hours  for the last  month+ or so.... thats a pretty intense sched. (still only got 2nd) ($1250 payday) the US pro teams normally practice 1 or 2 days  week for 2 hours.  ( and all the guys work or have school  but a few)  Its really about what your time is worth, u can make 500+ a week working a basic job or  make alot less   playing WOT esports..... until you actually play on a  WGLNA team you dont understand the learning curve, then you go over seas and you play guys who do this 24/7  every month and it is their job  its easy to say the US teams  sucked blah blah, but i dont see any of the guys criticizing putting their  team in the mix ?, or did they get beat out and are butt hurt?)

If only the NA teams were as defensive as this, they may have had a chance.

FightProstateCancer #13 Posted Oct 30 2014 - 23:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3088 battles

View PostAmanda_HugginKiss, on Oct 30 2014 - 14:57, said:

If only the NA teams were as defensive as this, they may have had a chance.

NEVR5GET #RU 1-0-7

militant83 #14 Posted Nov 01 2014 - 05:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26935 battles
:child:

AMartin223 #15 Posted Nov 01 2014 - 21:30

Major

• Players
  • 12594 battles
  • [T1C] T1C

View PostAmanda_HugginKiss, on Oct 29 2014 - 22:00, said:

You had no chance

You really don't think we could've had 3 draws?  We drew out Ensk quite well, and if I'd done map picking better it would've been Himmels map 2 and then we would've had Ruinberg South map 3.  You really don't see that going to 3 draws?  I'm not saying we're as good as VPro, I'm just saying it wasn't a massacre.

View PostSFC_Storm, on Oct 30 2014 - 15:35, said:

Why do they not pick our better teams? Im not trying to be mean but why not teams who are sponsored and able to put in the time?

It seems like they always do something to make NA look bad. Ural Steel was just full of shady crap and it seems like everytime we have a tourney we are using our B teams.

Why didnt SIMP or FNC play them? I mean technically SIMP and FNC were not the champs here anyways so it wouldnt be our very best champions, but V Pro is a Professional team damnit.

Also why isnt Eu and NA the same? Im sick of this crapwith all the diff between servers. Either we need to have 3 diff games completely and do things like nerf tanks that are OP on one server and not another or we all need the same rules 100% of the time.

Im sick of T62a`s looking like crapstatistically because the millions of blood red ruskis get them as newbs and keep there stats down while the M48 who is owned by only there good players on there 5th lines of tanks and keeping them great and WG saying the tanks are balanced and then the same time some mods are legal her and not there etc etc.

Seems like NA is the red headed step child in all things, which is fine as long as we acknowledge it and try to make rules to level playing field.

We beat SIMP to go to this.  Fnatic has disbanded, so they weren't going.  SIMP also was having roster issues with random car accidents etc.  

sundayjiang #16 Posted Nov 03 2014 - 09:20

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

xyfifa is an established to provides all kinds of FIFA products, such as fifa 15 coins. FIFA 15 Coins,just take a look here buy fifa 15 coins,you will take fancy with this site all along. Welcome to buy FIFA Coins in our store through following: http://www.xyfifa.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users